• 17(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
Hi, I need your help for another question. How to show full Spotlight of the movie? Now, it is show only 3 rows, I can't read all content of it, I need waiting it show the hidden part after few seconds. I can't find any function to resize the Spotlight or edit the time show the hidden part quickly than now, I don't want to waiting more to reading the rest content. Thank you for your help!
(2017-03-22, 13:37)deadlock Wrote: Thank you very much!
Settings -> Appearance ->Skin -> Show RSS news feeds

I'm search in Eminence 2 Mod Smile

There's no setting in the skin, since disabling it in Kodi disables the RSS. Settings / Interface / Other / Show RSS news feeds.

(2017-03-22, 14:03)deadlock Wrote: Hi, I need your help for another question. How to show full Spotlight of the movie? Now, I can't read all content of it, I need waiting it show the hidden part after few seconds. I can't find any function to resize the Spotlight. Thank you for your help!

The spotlight widget info panel is the same size as for all the other widgets in the skin. It's fixed in size and position.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-03-22, 14:08)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-03-22, 13:37)deadlock Wrote: Thank you very much!
Settings -> Appearance ->Skin -> Show RSS news feeds

I'm search in Eminence 2 Mod Smile

There's no setting in the skin, since disabling it in Kodi disables the RSS. Settings / Interface / Other / Show RSS news feeds.
I see it's there: Image
(2017-03-22, 14:08)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-03-22, 14:03)deadlock Wrote: Hi, I need your help for another question. How to show full Spotlight of the movie? Now, I can't read all content of it, I need waiting it show the hidden part after few seconds. I can't find any function to resize the Spotlight. Thank you for your help!

The spotlight widget info panel is the same size as for all the other widgets in the skin. It's fixed in size and position.

Yes, I know that, but the content in the spotlight widget is so much and I want to see full content, can I edit the default size of it?
(2017-03-22, 15:09)deadlock Wrote: I see it's there: Image

Yes, I know that, but the content in the spotlight widget is so much and I want to see full content, can I edit the default size of it?

Aaaah, I see from the screenshot you are on Jarvis. The Jarvis skin is not modded by me, and it's very, very old, with many things broken. The original author discontinued his work on the skins, and the old thread for the old mods was closed a while ago. I've continued development, but only for Krypton and above. Since many things have changed in the interim, I can only really provide support for the skin I'm developing.

As far as editing the widgets, the code is mostly located in Includes_Home.xml. You'll have to edit a bunch of entries, for the background height, plot height, the position of the indicators and logos, etc. Then, you'll have to edit the positioning and height of the posters, so things will match. Even then, since the plot length for various media will vary, you could still end up with scrolling content.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-03-22, 16:16)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-03-22, 15:09)deadlock Wrote: I see it's there: Image

Aaaah, I see from the screenshot you are on Jarvis. The Jarvis skin is not modded by me, and it's very, very old, with many things broken. The original author discontinued his work on the skins, and the old thread for the old mods was closed a while ago. I've continued development, but only for Krypton and above. Since many things have changed in the interim, I can only really provide support for the skin I'm developing.

As far as editing the widgets, the code is mostly located in Includes_Home.xml. You'll have to edit a bunch of entries, for the background height, plot height, the position of the indicators and logos, etc. Then, you'll have to edit the positioning and height of the posters, so things will match. Even then, since the plot length for various media will vary, you could still end up with scrolling content.

More entries in that file, I don't know how to edit, give up, lol Angel
Anyway, can I edit the time to "running" the content in spotlight? Now, it only show 3 rows and I need waiting about 6-7 seconds to auto show the rest of content.
(2017-03-22, 16:54)deadlock Wrote: More entries in that file, I don't know how to edit, give up, lol Angel
Anyway, can I edit the time to "running" the content in spotlight? Now, it only show 3 rows and I need waiting about 6-7 seconds to auto show the rest of content.

Well, there should be an entry somewhere in that same xml file <scroll>yes</scroll>. You'd need to replace that with something different. You can try something like this:

Code:
<autoscroll time="3000" delay="4000" repeat="5000">Container.HasFocus(9001)</autoscroll>

The time is in milliseconds. Also, keep in mind that I don't know if it will work, this is just off the top of my head.

(2017-03-22, 17:24)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-03-22, 16:54)deadlock Wrote: More entries in that file, I don't know how to edit, give up, lol Angel

Well, there should be an entry somewhere in that same xml file <scroll>yes</scroll>. You'd need to replace that with something different. You can try something like this:

Code:
<autoscroll time="3000" delay="4000" repeat="5000">Container.HasFocus(9001)</autoscroll>

The time is in milliseconds. Also, keep in mind that I don't know if it will work, this is just off the top of my head.
Hi, I was remove your Skin then re-install it again, but now I can't not install, it show this error:

ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[script.module.kodi65]: The dependency on xbmc.python version 2.25.0 could not be satisfied.

What's problem with it? Can you help me to resolve this issue?
(2017-03-22, 17:48)deadlock Wrote: Hi, I was remove your Skin then re-install it again, but now I can't not install, it show this error:

ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[script.module.kodi65]: The dependency on xbmc.python version 2.25.0 could not be satisfied.

The add-on "script.module.kodi65" is requiring a higher version of the python module than you have installed.

My skin, and all the links in this thread, are for Krypton. You have Jarvis. You need to update your Kodi to Krypton 17.1 version for it to work with my mod. The old Jarvis links are probably located in the old thread.

When you update Kodi, you should be able to install my repo, and then from it to install the skin.

(2017-03-22, 17:59)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-03-22, 17:48)deadlock Wrote: Hi, I was remove your Skin then re-install it again, but now I can't not install, it show this error:

The add-on "script.module.kodi65" is requiring a higher version of the python module than you have installed.

My skin, and all the links in this thread, are for Krypton. You have Jarvis. You need to update your Kodi to Krypton 17.1 version for it to work with my mod. The old Jarvis links are probably located in the old thread.

When you update Kodi, you should be able to install my repo, and then from it to install the skin.
Thank you Big Grin Can you give for me the version for Jarvis? I using KODI 16 and I don't want upgrade to KODI 17.1 now so...
------
May be this one, I will try: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.emi...ree/Jarvis
(2017-03-22, 18:08)deadlock Wrote: Thank you Big Grin Can you give for me the version for Jarvis? I using KODI 16 and I don't want upgrade to KODI 17.1 now so...
------
May be this one, I will try: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.emi...ree/Jarvis

You're welcome. Wink This is the link for the old Eminence 2 MOD. Keep in mind that it hasn't been updated for almost a year.

The link you mentioned is for the original Eminence 2 by jurialmunkey. It's an excellent alternative, though many features aren't included.

Is the Background - Backgrounds rotation time (Default 5 seconds) setting editable and is this the correct setting to effect the timing of the Select background - multi-image option in the Customize Main menu.

I have setup a multi-image background for one of my home screen tiles which rotates through the images fine but I'd like to slow the refresh rate down a bit. It currently takes about 14-15 seconds to rotate (I am using an smb share for this but I wouldn't have thought that should effect the timing) but as it's no where near the 5 seconds in the settings I'm not sure if that's the right setting or whether it's controlled somewhere else.

This is with Krypton 17.1 on an Android TV Box.
(2017-03-22, 04:47)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-03-22, 04:06)jayg84 Wrote: I love the work you have done and really appreciate it!

Is there anyway we could do a video background. I think it would be cool to have videos like those pictures you see where the street lights are flickering or fast motion.

I also wondered if you could brighten up the background? Looks like the screen is in sleep mode.

Thank you, Jay

About the video backgrounds, honestly, I'm not sure. The way the skin is currently set-up, it would need to be done through a skin shortcuts feature. At the moment it's not in there. I'll have a look-see, but it's really up to the add-on dev(s).

There are many, many backgrounds in the skin, which in particular are you referring to? The settings background and the library fanart/extrafanart backgrounds can be lighthened by controlling the opacity in Skin Settings / Background / Background colour and opacity. The lesser the opacity, the brighter the image. If you're referring to the main menu backgrounds, as I explained in an earlier post, I can lighten it a bit, but not by much, in order to retain the overall text readability on light fanart images/backgrounds.

Alanon,

Could I possibly change the code myself for my own setup at home? I know how to do a little bit of work myself using notepad++++, could I simply change something to lighten the background of the main menu completely? I understand why you have it the way that you do, for my personal theme I would like it to not have a filter at all. Just trying to make it look similar to what I had on 16.1 using the 2.0 mod.

Also, I would like to do the same for the video background if it is possible at all. I assume there is somewhere I could overlay a video over the background wallpaper but behind the menu bar. Again I am not asking for you to make a change to the skin but point me in the right direction to do it on my own skin.
(2017-03-22, 23:39)cruachan Wrote: Is the Background - Backgrounds rotation time (Default 5 seconds) setting editable and is this the correct setting to effect the timing of the Select background - multi-image option in the Customize Main menu.

I have setup a multi-image background for one of my home screen tiles which rotates through the images fine but I'd like to slow the refresh rate down a bit. It currently takes about 14-15 seconds to rotate (I am using an smb share for this but I wouldn't have thought that should effect the timing) but as it's no where near the 5 seconds in the settings I'm not sure if that's the right setting or whether it's controlled somewhere else.

Yes, that setting should control the fanart/extrafanart rotation in the library, as well as the rotation of menu items backgrounds. I haven't tested that setting with SMB, but there's no reason it should affect the timing. How long does it take, on average?

If you haven't touched the setting ever, the proper values might've gotten mixed up. Scrolling through all the delay values once might help. Other than that, keep in mind that for the backgrounds to be visible, widget fanart must be switched off, or the widgets themselves hidden.

(2017-03-23, 03:13)jayg84 Wrote: Alanon,

Could I possibly change the code myself for my own setup at home? I know how to do a little bit of work myself using notepad++++, could I simply change something to lighten the background of the main menu completely? I understand why you have it the way that you do, for my personal theme I would like it to not have a filter at all. Just trying to make it look similar to what I had on 16.1 using the 2.0 mod.

Also, I would like to do the same for the video background if it is possible at all. I assume there is somewhere I could overlay a video over the background wallpaper but behind the menu bar. Again I am not asking for you to make a change to the skin but point me in the right direction to do it on my own skin.

Sure, easily. Wink If you want to remove the gradient completely, you need to go to Includes_Furniture.xml, line 1407, and change the texture colour diffuse to something like "00000000". Only downside is, you'll have to do this every time the skin updates. I've adjusted the gradient strength a bit for the upcoming update. It's as low as I can get it without causing problems. So you can try it out, and if it still looks bad for you, then change it out completely.

As for the backgrounds, I can only help a small amount. The skin itself has sorted out the positioning. Go to Includes_Furniture, line 691. The includes name is Furniture_Background. There you'll find a videowindow control. This control fills up when you're playing a video, and, if the proper skin setting is activated, overlays content over it, as if the video were a background, which is what you're looking for. There are limitations to this. The way things are set-up means that you can only play one file for the entire skin, so no customising by home menu. That bit is controlled by skin-shortcuts which doesn't support videos at all.

Another problem entirely is how you would go about playing the video. I don't know how you would tell Kodi to play a video file and not register it as media content. Without that, the skin would think you're playing regular videos and automatically hide all the widgets, RSS, etc. To circumvent this, you would have to overhaul the way the skin handles background videos, and designate the widgets to always remain onscreen. Also, you'd need to do the same for the RSS, and for the playing controls that pop-up, in order to prevent being able to stop the video playback.

(2017-03-23, 05:32)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-03-22, 23:39)cruachan Wrote: Is the Background - Backgrounds rotation time (Default 5 seconds) setting editable and is this the correct setting to effect the timing of the Select background - multi-image option in the Customize Main menu.

Yes, that setting should control the fanart/extrafanart rotation in the library, as well as the rotation of menu items backgrounds. I haven't tested that setting with SMB, but there's no reason it should affect the timing. How long does it take, on average?

If you haven't touched the setting ever, the proper values might've gotten mixed up. Scrolling through all the delay values once might help. Other than that, keep in mind that for the backgrounds to be visible, widget fanart must be switched off, or the widgets themselves hidden.

Dumb question but how do you scroll through the values? I can't edit it by highlighting and pressing OK button on my simple remote in the settings screen to get to any dialog box and it's not showing any up/down arrows to change values either. It's taking around 15 sec to change background instead of the 5 sec default value. Everything is setup as you have said and all works fine except the timing.
(2017-03-23, 10:42)cruachan Wrote: Dumb question but how do you scroll through the values? I can't edit it by highlighting and pressing OK button on my simple remote in the settings screen to get to any dialog box and it's not showing any up/down arrows to change values either.

Actually, the value should change when you highlight that setting and press the OK button, without any dialogue box. Smile
There are 12 different values possible within a range from 5 secs to 30 mins.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21