• 94(current)
Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
@wesk05 here is what you requested...a review on this device.

http://www.audiovideohd.fr/tests/460-HiM...Pro-3.html

At the end of it it clearly states that hlg metadata is correctly read...but how did they test this mid 2016 on android 5? Dunno...

You Also said 2 wrong things:

1. That hdmi 2b is needed for hlg....wrong AFAIK coz hdmi 2a is simply more advanced! Besides hlg seems simple as many manufacturers said they can firmware update their devices..

2. Hisilicon v200 came out oficially in april 2016...not end 2015...

So what do you think?
(2017-03-10, 09:58)nenito2k Wrote: @wesk05 here is what you requested...a review on this device.

http://www.audiovideohd.fr/tests/460-HiM...Pro-3.html

At the end of it it clearly states that hlg metadata is correctly read...but how did they test this mid 2016 on android 5? Dunno...

You Also said 2 wrong things:

1. That hdmi 2b is needed for hlg....wronr AFAIK coz hdmi 2q is simply more advanced! Besides hlg seems simple as many manufacturers said they can firmware update their devices...

2. Hisilicon v200 came out oficially in april 2016...not end 2015...

So what do you think?
I see HLG mentioned only in the comments. The reviewer says it was incorrect and has been removed.

1. HLG transfer characteristics were included in CTA-861-G published Nov. 2016. HDMI forum later adopted CTA-861-G in 2.0b. So, you do need HDMI 2.0b to transport HLG content InfoFrame in HDMI.

2. Hisilicon Hi3798C V200 SoC was first demoed during IBC 2015 (Sep). HiMedia demoed Q10 Pro during CES 2016 (Jan). If you look at the technical specification document for the SoC, it is from Aug 2015. It is for these reasons I said that the SoC is from late 2015.

As for whether it supports VP9 profile 2, any one with a Q10/Q5 Pro can test it using the samples provided in Kodi Wiki. Amlogic S905X and S912 support VP9 Profile 2.
I have an Android TVBOX with the following characteristics:
Amlogic S905X Quad Core ARM, Android 6, 2 GB ROM 16 GB.
I have kodi 16.1 already installed on it, but when I want to update with the version 17.1 it does not allow me.
I've read lots of comments here and I realized that first I should uninstall the existing kodi 16.1 and then install the kodi 17.1.
The problem is that I don't know which version should I download, in order to install on my device. I will be thankful if you tell me which version should I install on my device from the following existing version:

RC: ARM – x86 - ARMv8A (64bit)
Nightly: ARMv7a (32bit) - x86 - ARMv8A (64bit)
@reshadgp this is the Q pro thread...please post elswhere

@wesk05....the comment was me this morning ! yes it was removed....
anyway i see your points i was confused; yes hdmi 2b is more recent than 2a...my bad

question is : was current box reads will be able to read HGL metadata....?!
and hdmi 2.1 is out in end 2017...so we will have to buy boxes in 2018 anyway....
(2017-03-10, 19:46)nenito2k Wrote: question is : was current box reads will be able to read HGL metadata....?!
and hdmi 2.1 is out in end 2017...so we will have to buy boxes in 2018 anyway....
HLG is scene-referred HDR unlike HDR10 or Dolby Vision which are display-referred. HLG doesn't rely on end-to-end metadata, so there is no HLG metadata. If a display supports HLG, it reads the input InfoFrame and processes the content according to HLG transfer characteristics. If it doesn't support HLG, the display shows normal SDR image. Very few displays support HLG now. Even though technically you can do a software update for HLG, I do not really see that happening. You will end up having to buy new displays and boxes.
Panasonic announced that all of their most current panels from ,if I recall correctly, DX700 upwards will get an update for HLG.

https://www.avforums.com/news/panasonic-...date.13389

Damn, it's 750 and upwards, I have a 700 Smile
Yes but himedia never said hgl is coming...
new firmware is "confirmed" by futeko before month's end; no list of fixes however !

Did any of you test the HLG sampel here ? http://demo-uhd3d.com/fiche.php?cat=uhd&id=154
(2017-03-10, 21:12)wesk05 Wrote:
(2017-03-10, 19:46)nenito2k Wrote: question is : was current box reads will be able to read HGL metadata....?!
HLG is scene-referred HDR unlike HDR10 or Dolby Vision which are display-referred. HLG doesn't rely on end-to-end metadata, so there is no HLG metadata. If a display supports HLG, it reads the input InfoFrame and processes the content according to HLG transfer characteristics. If it doesn't support HLG, the display shows normal SDR image. Very few displays support HLG now. Even though technically you can do a software update for HLG, I do not really see that happening. You will end up having to buy new displays and boxes.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/140161-s...4k-hdr-tvs

Sony seem to confirm that they will upgrade their UHD HDR TVs to add HLG compatibility. I'm guessing this is because stuff like the BBC iPlayer will be UHD HDR (there are test clips from Planet Earth II available in HLG on suitable TVs already AIUI)

I think HLG may well gain quite a lot of traction as a 'pragmatic' solution for HDR - particularly for broadcasters.
(2017-03-14, 12:35)noggin Wrote: Sony seem to confirm that they will upgrade their UHD HDR TVs to add HLG compatibility. I'm guessing this is because stuff like the BBC iPlayer will be UHD HDR (there are test clips from Planet Earth II available in HLG on suitable TVs already AIUI)

I think HLG may well gain quite a lot of traction as a 'pragmatic' solution for HDR - particularly for broadcasters.
Hopefully, the other manufactures (esp. Samsung) will follow Sony. I'm still skeptical of HLG adoption in the U.S.
. HLG & broadcast systems:
"The ATSC 3.0 candidate standard for video was recently updated with sections on HDR and it supports both HLG and PQ."
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/465-high-d...st49984041

. HLG & IPTV/OTT systems:
"LUXEMBOURG, 19 December 2016 -- SES S.A. (Euronext Paris and Luxembourg Stock Exchange: SESG) today announced that Travelxp 4K, an international travel channel, will make its Ultra HD debut next month on SES’s growing Ultra HD distribution platform serving cable operators and multichannel television platforms throughout North America.
Offering audiences compelling stories from faraway places, the world’s first 4K travel channel, Travelxp 4K, is set to launch on the SES-1 satellite, one of a trio of SES satellites (SES-1, SES-3, AMC-18) that are home to the region’s leading Ultra HD distribution platform.
The 4K channel follows the success of Travelxp HD, which offers 100% originally-produced premium travel and lifestyle programming distributed to over 50 million homes globally. Travelxp 4K will showcase global travel content with breathtaking images in 10 bit REC2020 color space with HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) HDR (High Dynamic Range)."
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/465-high-d...st49271057

. HLG & YouTube HDR:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/465-high-d...st48020617

Universal audio/video receiver (Dolby Atmos, DTS-X, etc.) is achieved.
Universal HDR TV (HDR10, Dolby Vision, HEVC HLG HDR, VP9-HLG / VP9-PQ YouTube HDR, Dynamic HDR) is required.

Push for universal HDR TV!
himedia is on nougat but that is not enough as hdmi 2.0b is needed and firmware update too...i really hope that we will See HLG on Q pro but i doubt it
can any body please tell me why my q5 1080p video/picture looks totaly jet black as if i had turned down the brightness and contrast to zero
thank you
The latest Krypton update (17.1) changes the remote button mapping on Q10 Pro:
Users will get a prompt "New input device found", the remote seems to get recognized as a game controller.
Then "menu" and "back" do not work anymore.
"Back is now "del", for "menu" you have to press and hold "ok".

That "feature" was introduced with on of the last test builds
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/arm/
(either with "input fixes" or "android fixes" in the name, don't remember)

So... maybe don't upgrade.
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
(2017-03-23, 10:31)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: The latest Krypton update (17.1) changes the remote button mapping on Q10 Pro:..

That "feature" was introduced with on of the last test builds
So... maybe don't upgrade.
Too late............. thanks for letting us know what keys do work. Very helpful to know it still can operate (albeit differently).
I will leave mine as is and maybe start using SPMC or even Archos Video player in the interim.
  • 94(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8