• 136(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
(2017-03-22, 04:05)pkscout Wrote:
(2017-03-21, 05:56)Dave.B Wrote: @pkscout Thanks for all your effort.
As for the good news I will install your beta update and see if it solves the problem. should I delete the Brazilian ver. first or I can just install your Ver. upon that Ver. ?
As for the bad news, is there something I can do to make the log showing debug information ?

I think if you install my beta repo and then have Kodi do a addon update it will pull from there because the 2.0.8~beta1 is newer than the 2.0.7.2 in the Brazilian repo. You can get my beta repo (which is good for Kodi Helix and later) from here:

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.be...-1.1.0.zip

As for the logging, you need to make sure this is in your advancedsettings.xml and restart Kodi:
Code:
<loglevel hide="false">1</loglevel>
(technically the hide attribute can be true or false)

That's from this wiki page:

http://kodi.wiki/view/advancedsettings.xml

@pkscout Thanks.
I installed the 2.08 beta1 and for now it looks like problem is solved.
Really appreciate your help.
@pkscout, sorry to bother you again but now I have another problem.
For some reason the AS shows logo of "Bob Marley" when playing the artist "the killers".
See Screenshots.
In the first picture I caught it exactly when the logo changed from "the Killers" to "Bob Marley" so you can see the faded logo of "The Killers" In the background.
Image[/img]

Here's The log file:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/24233511

Appreciate you help.
Thanks.
(2017-03-23, 09:14)Dave.B Wrote: @pkscout, sorry to bother you again but now I have another problem.
For some reason the AS shows logo of "Bob Marley" when playing the artist "the killers".

Those aren't being set by Artist Slideshow. The only thing AS sets in the fanart images (and a couple other ancillary things like album image for other albums by the artist and artist images for related artists). I'm pretty sure those are set by the skin, so you might find the support thread for the skin you're using and ask there. Here's the skin support area that lists all the threads/sub-forums for specific skins.:

http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67
(2017-03-24, 03:26)pkscout Wrote:
(2017-03-23, 09:14)Dave.B Wrote: @pkscout, sorry to bother you again but now I have another problem.

Those aren't being set by Artist Slideshow. The only thing AS sets in the fanart images (and a couple other ancillary things like album image for other albums by the artist and artist images for related artists). I'm pretty sure those are set by the skin, so you might find the support thread for the skin you're using and ask there. Here's the skin support area that lists all the threads/sub-forums for specific skins.:

http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67

Thank You pkscout as always for your support and good advise.
Hey,

I have an issue with the fanart being displayed when i hear music. its not being displayed correctly, its like its blown up so you cannot see head or feet or the people in the fanart.

not sure if its artist slideshow or what Sad
Running Kodi Krypton/Aeon Nox Silvo on Nvidia Shield
(2017-03-24, 12:49)thumber Wrote: Hey,

I have an issue with the fanart being displayed when i hear music. its not being displayed correctly, its like its blown up so you cannot see head or feet or the people in the fanart.

not sure if its artist slideshow or what Sad

AS only sets the folder where the artist images are stored. The display of the images is up to the skin. So I'd find the support thread for the skin you're using and check there.
Allrighty, Thanks pkscout Smile ill try over in Aeon Nox Silvo thread instead Smile
Running Kodi Krypton/Aeon Nox Silvo on Nvidia Shield
Hi, I'm trying to run the script under krypton rc1, confluence theme with manual modifications as described in the wiki, but it seems script fails to start or act as it should. Here is a logfile http://pastebin.com/UK6qv3U1
does it tell anything useful? thanks!
Is it possible having a mix of fanarts if the song's Artist is a colaboration? Eg. Artist A & Artist B
I wanted it to work like it works with featured artist.
(2017-03-26, 00:42)kthxbye Wrote: Hi, I'm trying to run the script under krypton rc1, confluence theme with manual modifications as described in the wiki, but it seems script fails to start or act as it should. Here is a logfile http://pastebin.com/UK6qv3U1
does it tell anything useful? thanks!

Looks like I took too long to try and take a look. The pastebin is gone. If you'll repost it I'll try and take a look.
(2017-04-09, 23:55)onewaytrigger Wrote: Is it possible having a mix of fanarts if the song's Artist is a colaboration? Eg. Artist A & Artist B
I wanted it to work like it works with featured artist.

If both artists are properly scraped by Kodi, then yes. I believe in order to properly scrape a song with multiple artists, the artists have to be separated by ' / ' (that's space-slash-space). If you use MusicBrainz Picard to tag your music, that program will put the artists name and MusicBrainz IDs in the song metadata properly so Kodi can scrape it.
(2017-04-12, 02:55)pkscout Wrote: If both artists are properly scraped by Kodi, then yes. I believe in order to properly scrape a song with multiple artists, the artists have to be separated by ' / ' (that's space-slash-space). If you use MusicBrainz Picard to tag your music, that program will put the artists name and MusicBrainz IDs in the song metadata properly so Kodi can scrape it.

I tag all my music with MedeiaMonkey with Itunes plugin. Personal taste I don't like the way MusicBrainz handles these kind of songs. Let's consider the song "Something Just Like This" from Chainsmokers new album. The Artist for this song on itunes and most stream services is "The Chainsmokers & Coldplay". The ' / ' did it for the fanart, but it mess with the scrobbles to lastfm. "The Chainsmokers & Coldplay" has 69k scrobbles while "The Chainsmokers / Coldplay" has only 534...

If it's not possible to get fanart for both artist withou chabge the name I rather keep the name as it is. The only thing that bothers me is the VA fanarts.
Would it be possible for AS to show only fanart for the album aretist in cases when the song artist is more tha one and that song is not from a VA album?
(2017-04-13, 01:29)onewaytrigger Wrote: If it's not possible to get fanart for both artist withou chabge the name I rather keep the name as it is. The only thing that bothers me is the VA fanarts.
Would it be possible for AS to show only fanart for the album aretist in cases when the song artist is more tha one and that song is not from a VA album?

AS displays art for whatever Kodi says the artist is. I believe the album artist takes priority.
Photo 
(2017-04-13, 08:42)pkscout Wrote: I believe the album artist takes priority.

I'm not sure.
I was wrong about MusicBrainz Piccard. The naming for artist is pretty much the same of iTunes. The song artist is "The Chainsmokers & Coldplay" too so I wouldn't get any misidentify song subimited to lastfm. Next thing that hold me back from suing MB naming was the featured artist field removed from song title and added to the artist field but I shortly found a plugin that allowed me to move it back to song title.

So everything is ok now: proper slideshow for multi arist songs and scrobbling to lastfm.

• 136(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5