• 20(current)
Release Janitor
Thanks. From what I can tell by looking at your log is that the option might not have been saved correctly in the addon settings. To double check you may look at the settings.xml in the userdata/addon_data/script.service.janitor/ folder and see if the settings contain the line below.
PHP Code:
<setting id="ignore_no_rating" value="true" /> 
If it doesn't, you may edit the file manually, or you could toggle the option twice, while saving both times.
Hi,

I just killed my install of Kodi and I'm starting from scratch. Oops. I had Janitor working great before (love the add-on, btw). I'm trying to set it up again, but when I choose Windows share as a holding folder, it doesn't show my Samba shares.

Is there a way to type the address in manually?

All of my videos are added by smb and I also have a smb set up as a source. Everything else works fine when I can type in the address (smb://192.169.1.100/shares/TV for example).

Thanks!
Quote:20:27:43.119 T:8776 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting UnWatched
20:27:55.000 T:14532 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xb4' in position 80: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.service.janitor\default.py", line 646, in <module>
results, return_status = cleaner.clean_all()
File "C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.service.janitor\default.py", line 228, in clean_all
cleaned_files, count, status = self.clean(video_type)
File "C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.service.janitor\default.py", line 148, in clean
unstacked_path = self.unstack(filename)
File "C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.service.janitor\default.py", line 381, in unstack
path = path.encode()
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xb4' in position 80: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--
20:27:55.014 T:14532 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(18, C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.service.janitor\default.py): the python script "C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.service.janitor\default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: class XBMCAddon::xbmc::Monitor,class XBMCAddon::xbmcgui:Big GrinialogProgress

I keep getting this when running, will not get past cleaning episodes.
(2017-02-26, 22:30)wwfc69 Wrote:
Quote:20:27:43.119 T:8776 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting UnWatched
20:27:55.000 T:14532 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xb4' in position 80: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.service.janitor\default.py", line 646, in <module>
results, return_status = cleaner.clean_all()
File "C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.service.janitor\default.py", line 228, in clean_all
cleaned_files, count, status = self.clean(video_type)
File "C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.service.janitor\default.py", line 148, in clean
unstacked_path = self.unstack(filename)
File "C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.service.janitor\default.py", line 381, in unstack
path = path.encode()
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xb4' in position 80: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--
20:27:55.014 T:14532 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(18, C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.service.janitor\default.py): the python script "C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.service.janitor\default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: class XBMCAddon::xbmc::Monitor,class XBMCAddon::xbmcgui:Big GrinialogProgress

I keep getting this when running, will not get past cleaning episodes.

I found a solution, wwfc69. It's on github: https://github.com/Anthirian/script.serv.../issues/55

I had to make a few extra edits to default.py and utils.py:

default.py (there are two instances of each item):
  • title = title.encode("utf-8")
  • path = path.encode("utf-8")

utils.py:
  • line = line.encode ("utf-8")

It worked for me after some tinkering from the github post. Anthirian said he will have a bug fix out for it soon.

Scott
Extra "conditions" option request.

Thanks for keeping the Add-on updated, it saves so much time and effort.I love it.

Would it be possible to have an option that always leaves the last episode, or last few episodes of a show when running the cleanup. So, rather than deleting or moving the files based on age, it's based on the number of files.

Under the conditions settings page have the option

"Leave a certain number of the most recent files" which when set to "on" would give you a choice of how many files to leave.

Cheers
+1.
Thanks.
(2017-03-01, 17:44)scott0_1 Wrote: I found a solution, wwfc69. It's on github: https://github.com/Anthirian/script.serv.../issues/55

I had to make a few extra edits to default.py and utils.py:

default.py (there are two instances of each item):
  • title = title.encode("utf-8")
  • path = path.encode("utf-8")

utils.py:
  • line = line.encode ("utf-8")

It worked for me after some tinkering from the github post. Anthirian said he will have a bug fix out for it soon.

Scott
Thank you for pointing others in the right direction. Actually I thought I had already published the fix, but that seems to not be the case. I apologize, I'll publish it soon.

(2017-03-16, 17:18)ShedDweller Wrote: Extra "conditions" option request.

Thanks for keeping the Add-on updated, it saves so much time and effort.I love it.

Would it be possible to have an option that always leaves the last episode, or last few episodes of a show when running the cleanup. So, rather than deleting or moving the files based on age, it's based on the number of files.

"Leave a certain number of the most recent files" which when set to "on" would give you a choice of how many files to leave.

Cheers
Thanks for the feedback; glad to hear you like it. Your request sounds like a reasonable addition that is in line with what Janitor is designed to do. I'll take a look at what's needed to include it in Janitor, and if it does not require too much work I'll add the functionality in the near future.
Quote:

Cheers
Thanks for the feedback; glad to hear you like it. Your request sounds like a reasonable addition that is in line with what Janitor is designed to do. I'll take a look at what's needed to include it in Janitor, and if it does not require too much work I'll add the functionality in the near future.

Thanks for even considering the request.

Can't ask for more than that!

Cheers.
Would you consider adding a config option to control how big of a delay you have between all your disk operations that you seemed to have tuned to slow io devices like rpi's and not quick file servers?

That way I don't have to wait around for a long time waiting for delays when cleaning.
Thank you for creating such a valuable add-on, Anthirian! I have a quick question for you:

I have two movies folders: (A) Movies I want to watch once and then automatically delete (B) Movies I want to keep forever. How can I tell Janitor to auto-delete movies from folder A, but not folder B?
(2017-03-27, 23:45)o271158 Wrote: Thank you for creating such a valuable add-on, Anthirian! I have a quick question for you:

I have two movies folders: (A) Movies I want to watch once and then automatically delete (B) Movies I want to keep forever. How can I tell Janitor to auto-delete movies from folder A, but not folder B?

Have them in difference sources (different folder structure) and keep the folderstructure b in the elimination filter so it doesn't get deleted at all.
(2017-03-24, 22:25)Anthirian Wrote:

Cheers
+1 for this feature. This would help in allowing the "In progress" work when deleting shows shortly after watching but if a few weeks are skipped between broadcasts.
NOTICE: Janitor: Not cleaning u'sftp://user:[email protected]:4747/media/Bmul/My Book/DOWNLOADmap/Snowden.2016.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264.mkv'.
20:51:53.484 T:3584025504 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(9, /storage/.kodi/addons/script.service.janitor/default.py): the python script "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.service.janitor/default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: N9XBMCAddon7xbmcgui14DialogProgressE,N9XBMCAddon4xbmc7MonitorE

Kodi LibreELEC

Using an Ubuntu file server "My Book" is attached to the file server and whit drwxrwxrwx permissions.

Anyone have a clue?
You cut the part of the log file that should explain why it does not clean that video file. Please upload your entire log file to a service such as pastebin.
Should Janitor work with an SQL database configuration?
(I have configured as per http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL, and it's been running for years)
Janitor does not appear to be seeing any episodes as watched.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Janitor4