Episode Thumbs
Hello,

I have noticed that when scraping my Kodi Library for a new TV Show that is using TMM nfo files, the episode thumbs do not get scraped. I am forced to call up the info screen in Kodi and add the artwork manually from the host directory. Bit of a pain when the show has 66 episodes and they all need to be manually added.

Is this a known issue? Any idea how to resolve this?

Thanks
Hello, does anybody have any advice on how to resolve this issue?
Here is contents of a nfo file for a TV Series...

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- created on 2017-01-17 16:19:52 - tinyMediaManager 2.9.1 -->
<episodedetails>
    <title>City of</title>
    <showtitle>Angel</showtitle>
    <rating>7.5</rating>
    <votes>28</votes>
    <season>1</season>
    <episode>1</episode>
    <uniqueid>31099</uniqueid>
    <displayseason>-1</displayseason>
    <displayepisode>-1</displayepisode>
    <plot>Newly arrived in Los Angeles, Angel is befriended by  a half-demon named Doyle whose visions lead him to a powerful vampire whose next victim just may be Cordelia Chase.</plot>
    <thumb></thumb>
    <mpaa>TV-PG</mpaa>
    <playcount>0</playcount>
    <watched>false</watched>
    <credits>Joss Whedon</credits>
    <credits>David Greenwalt</credits>
    <director>Joss Whedon</director>
    <aired>1999-10-05</aired>
    <premiered>1999-10-05</premiered>
    <studio>The WB</studio>
    <actor>
        <name>Gina McClain</name>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Sam Pancake</name>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Renee Ridgeley</name>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Jon Ingrassia</name>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Christian Kane</name>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Vyto Ruginis</name>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Josh Holloway</name>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Tracy Middendorf</name>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Michael Mantell</name>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Ron Rifkin</name>
    </actor>
    <fileinfo>
        <streamdetails>
            <video>
                <codec>MPEG</codec>
                <aspect>1.33</aspect>
                <width>720</width>
                <height>576</height>
                <durationinseconds>1681</durationinseconds>
            </video>
            <audio>
                <codec>AC3</codec>
                <language></language>
                <channels>2</channels>
            </audio>
            <subtitle>
                <language></language>
            </subtitle>
        </streamdetails>
    </fileinfo>
</episodedetails>

The <thumb></thumb> entry is blank. Yet in the nfo files for Movies, the <thumb> has an entry. This is the same for all TV Shows I have created nfo files for.

TMM downloads the thumbs to the local host directory, but just doesn't seem to do anything with them.

Is this correct?
as far as Kodi can see a local thumb it prefers that one.
Make sure the artwork tmm downloads has the naming scheme: [episode file name]-thumb.(png/jpg) (taken from Kodi wiki), Kodi should import that that
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Thanks for replying mlaggner

I have all my TV Shows saved as follows:

DVD's use the original DVD format of- TV Shows\Almost Human\Almost Human S01E13\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB
Blurays use the original Bluray format of- TV Shows\Dominion\Dominion S01E01\BDMV\STREAM\00800.m2ts

Regardless of whether it is a DVD or a Bluray episode, TMM downloads and names all the Thumbs as- VIDEO_TS-thumb.jpg

Is this correct? If not, what setting do I need to change in TMM to correct the naming of the thumb.jpg?

Thank you.

----Edit----
I should also add that TMM names the episode nfo as VIDEO_TS.nfo and it resides in the same location as the thumb.
Any advice or solutions?
well, this changed slightly between the different XBMC/Kodi versions we support.
Currently, i guess we use the <videofilename>-thumb.ext pattern.
(In case of a DVD, the videofilename _is_ VIDEO_TS)

Need to check all different Versions, but, you are right, Kodi 17.1 only imports "thumb.ext"
Seems to have changed...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Ok, yes that did it. I went and manually changed the thumbs from two episodes from "VIDEO_TS-thumb.jpg" to just "thumb.jpg", did a manual local scrape and the thumb appeared in Kodi for those two episodes. The rest are still blank..

I don't see any options in Settings to change the name of the thumb file. How do I do that, or is this something you need to look into. (3,500 episodes- it's a bit much to manually change. Even Bulk Rename Utility won't work across episode directories)

Any suggestions?
I fixed the naming for next release.
The episode renamer (for disc files/folders) got updated heavvily as well, should now be able to rename your old version into correct thumb.ext (hopefully) Big Grin
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2017-03-23, 11:33)blossom24 Wrote: Even Bulk Rename Utility won't work across episode directories)

Any suggestions?

Yes it will. Check Section 12 - Filters, make sure subdirectories is chosen and update the mask section. Should be all you need.
(2017-03-24, 23:03)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:
(2017-03-23, 11:33)blossom24 Wrote: Even Bulk Rename Utility won't work across episode directories)

Any suggestions?

Yes it will. Check Section 12 - Filters, make sure subdirectories is chosen and update the mask section. Should be all you need.

Yes it does. Used in combination with section 1, it worked. Thanks for the heads up.
(2017-03-24, 22:58)myron Wrote: I fixed the naming for next release.
The episode renamer (for disc files/folders) got updated heavvily as well, should now be able to rename your old version into correct thumb.ext (hopefully) Big Grin

Thank you Myron. I look forward to the next release. I appreciate all the effort you and your team go to.Big Grin
(2017-03-24, 23:45)blossom24 Wrote:
(2017-03-24, 23:03)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:

Any suggestions?

Yes it does. Used in combination with section 1, it worked. Thanks for the heads up.

Glad it worked!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Episode Thumbs1