• 78(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2017-03-19, 12:05)sladinki007 Wrote: HI Dan,

seems to be running into a bug with version 1.4.8.0ALpha23.2X64
it works fine but it seems not to close the cmd windows it opens
so when i scan my 6500 movies and 51000 TV episodes it starts opening a bunch of cmd and connhost processes and then when it is complete i seem to be left with about 4000 cmd processes and similar amount of connhost processes,
this makes of course my computer slow down and every few days i need to reboot my computer now to get rid of these cmd and connhost processes....

is there any setting to limit the amount of processes ember opens ?

it seems to have only started when i upgraded to this version ...
i didn't use previous version so i am coming from alpha 21 before but something was not working any more on that version and so i upgraded,,,,

if you want any logs... pm me and i will send them to you...

At which service do the connections remain open?
HI Dan,

i think it is when i click update library which then checks the whole database....
might also be when i click cleanup as yesterday i did a cleanup and no update and i got like 400 open cmd processes...

could it be because these files are on a "networked" drive?
obviously i don't have that amount of episodes and movies on a windows computer Tongue

weird is that it didn't happen before.... only after the EMM upgrade....
Hi Dan,

Ignore what i said....
finally figured it out.... it is the crashplan tool that is causing the cmd processes to open....
sorry for the misinformation....
finally updating to newest version from the beta to alpha. I am testing on a sample folder for pointing at my collection. I am going to work on setting on the kodi interface. I will need to rename the images from AD naming scheme to the KI names. If i understand correct these are the steps....in settings activate the AD addon show the existing images show in EMM. Also activate the KI naming scheme. Then hit the rewrite all movie content from tools menu and that will add all the new names. but what do i do about the old names? Is there a way to clean them up. Or should I just leave both incase i wanted to still use AD at later date. Any issues having both?
HTPC Basement: i3 3225, Asrock z77 pro4m, 8gb Crucial DDR3 1600, Samsung 840 120gb SSD, Silverstone GD05B Case

HTPC Livingroom: WIP

Server: UnRaid: Intel G550, Asrock B75 pro3m, 4gb ram, Parity Drive 3tb WD Red, Data 2 x 2tb WD Red, Cache 1tb WD Blue, Fractal Design XL R2 Case
(2017-03-25, 03:12)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: finally updating to newest version from the beta to alpha. I am testing on a sample folder for pointing at my collection. I am going to work on setting on the kodi interface. I will need to rename the images from AD naming scheme to the KI names. If i understand correct these are the steps....in settings activate the AD addon show the existing images show in EMM. Also activate the KI naming scheme. Then hit the rewrite all movie content from tools menu and that will add all the new names. but what do i do about the old names? Is there a way to clean them up. Or should I just leave both incase i wanted to still use AD at later date. Any issues having both?

There is no need to change anything if you sync from Ember, What's in Ember db is written to KODI db
Hi Chris,

I don't know if someone else already highlighted this, but it seems that the votes of the TV shows are no more scraped from IMDb. At least, if I try to update the vote of a specfic TV show, it doesn't update. For example, Westworld is 9.1/10 (115052) in my library (scraped a couple of months ago) and IMDb actually reports 9.0/10 (161857). I tried to rescrape that specific field, but without success.

Thanks in advance if you can take a look to it.
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
Poster resize bug?

If I enable resize of movie posters and set it to max 1000 x 1000, scrape and select a poster, nothing is actually downloaded and the entry shows no poster. If I uncheck resize, the poster gets downloaded. Does resizing require third-party tools to be installed?
(2017-03-25, 17:27)T-bird_se Wrote:
(2017-03-25, 03:12)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: finally updating to newest version from the beta to alpha. I am testing on a sample folder for pointing at my collection. I am going to work on setting on the kodi interface. I will need to rename the images from AD naming scheme to the KI names. If i understand correct these are the steps....in settings activate the AD addon show the existing images show in EMM. Also activate the KI naming scheme. Then hit the rewrite all movie content from tools menu and that will add all the new names. but what do i do about the old names? Is there a way to clean them up. Or should I just leave both incase i wanted to still use AD at later date. Any issues having both?

There is no need to change anything if you sync from Ember, What's in Ember db is written to KODI db

So i can just leave the namings scheme of how AD like it? No need to rename anything?
HTPC Basement: i3 3225, Asrock z77 pro4m, 8gb Crucial DDR3 1600, Samsung 840 120gb SSD, Silverstone GD05B Case

HTPC Livingroom: WIP

Server: UnRaid: Intel G550, Asrock B75 pro3m, 4gb ram, Parity Drive 3tb WD Red, Data 2 x 2tb WD Red, Cache 1tb WD Blue, Fractal Design XL R2 Case
(2017-03-25, 22:35)AnthonyJS02 Wrote:
(2017-03-25, 17:27)T-bird_se Wrote:

So i can just leave the namings scheme of how AD like it? No need to rename anything?
Correct
Whatever name they have is irrelevant, as long Ember is happy so will KODI be
(2017-03-25, 19:17)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi Chris,

I don't know if someone else already highlighted this, but it seems that the votes of the TV shows are no more scraped from IMDb. At least, if I try to update the vote of a specfic TV show, it doesn't update. For example, Westworld is 9.1/10 (115052) in my library (scraped a couple of months ago) and IMDb actually reports 9.0/10 (161857). I tried to rescrape that specific field, but without success.

Thanks in advance if you can take a look to it.

We always use the "/combined" page to get the data for scraping, e.g. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475784/combined
As you can see, there is no rating listet. I don't know why... If you look e.g. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/combined , there is a rating.

Sometimes the rating on the normal page is also different from the "combined" page, no idea why. Maybe we need to adjust the scraper yet.
(2017-03-25, 22:07)badbob001 Wrote: Poster resize bug?

If I enable resize of movie posters and set it to max 1000 x 1000, scrape and select a poster, nothing is actually downloaded and the entry shows no poster. If I uncheck resize, the poster gets downloaded. Does resizing require third-party tools to be installed?

No, no additional tools are needed. But I've tested it with same settings and it works for me with Alpha 23.3 x64
The movie search doesn't seem to work very well. I have the TV Movies option enabled for IMDB and I when I lookup 'Stepsister From Planet Weird', it find no match. When I search from imdb.com, it finds it and it's the only result.

So for most of my movies, I have to resort to searching it separately on imdb.com and then using the manual imdb entry field.
Tongue 
(2017-03-26, 01:33)DanCooper Wrote:

No, no additional tools are needed. But I've tested it with same settings and it works for me with Alpha 23.3 x64

I think I found the cause. I have 'Keep existing' unchecked since I thought that option would cause the poster scraper to ignore existing posters when I do what all posters to be redownloaded so they can be resized. But having that option unchecked prevents it from downloading posters (at least for me). If I check it on, posters now download and get resized.
(2017-03-26, 03:55)badbob001 Wrote: The movie search doesn't seem to work very well. I have the TV Movies option enabled for IMDB and I when I lookup 'Stepsister From Planet Weird', it find no match. When I search from imdb.com, it finds it and it's the only result.

So for most of my movies, I have to resort to searching it separately on imdb.com and then using the manual imdb entry field.

Will check that tomorrow. "Stepsister From Planet Weird" is listed as "TV movie" and should be found...
(2017-03-26, 04:05)badbob001 Wrote:
(2017-03-26, 01:33)DanCooper Wrote:

I think I found the cause. I have 'Keep existing' unchecked since I thought that option would cause the poster scraper to ignore existing posters when I do what all posters to be redownloaded so they can be resized. But having that option unchecked prevents it from downloading posters (at least for me). If I check it on, posters now download and get resized.

Hmm, sounds strange. "Keep existing" does not scrape a new one if Ember already has recognized a local/existing image. But resize should also working if this option is enabled and the existing image is bigger that your limits.
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2