• 94(current)
Beta Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton)
(2017-03-22, 12:28)spinecho Wrote: I'm using modern low horizontal home...I can see weather widget if press "up" on remote, but minimal info.
Correct, the widget does not provide a lot of info atm. I have this on my todo list to see if I can extend it with some more info.
In your case, a suggestion is to enable the tags on the widget so you can see the temperatures for each day.
You can enable tags globally or set them on a per-widget base.

(2017-03-22, 12:28)spinecho Wrote: I'd like to be able to see weather info widget automatically like on Aeon Nox skin.

Skin settings --> homescreen layout --> Always show widget
Marcel

I just noticed a possible small bug when using vertical home screen layouts with sub menus.

When using Simple Confluence Style Homescreen Vertical the sub menu panel size is not adjusted to the number of sub menu items. It looks like 6 sub menu items could be accommodated. This results in a large area of colour on the screen if there are only 2 or 3 sub menu items.

When using Modern Big Vertical layout this doesn't happen - the size of the panel is adjusted to the number of sub menu items.

Thanks for all your work with this skin.
Sorry I didn't get back sooner but letting you know that latest fix resolved all the Metaliq issues. Context menu now working from Kodi library. Thanks!!
(2017-03-12, 18:24)brazen1 Wrote:
(2017-01-27, 22:22)brazen1 Wrote: Hold down scroll left or right horizontal view browsing movie library. Titan crashes every time. Estuary no problem.
Local media. No navigation until all local hdd's are spun-up. After all drives are spinning, still crashes. Cache problem? Happening very long time now.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2510466

(2017-03-12, 01:43)dubbud Wrote: 1 thing I have noticed with Titan is that there seems to be quite a delay (up to 10secs) from when I click on say "Movies" till it shows up the "Movies" page with the DVD on it. During this time, it has the Titan background, just empty. However, this only occurs on the first time after starting Kodi. When I go back to the menu and click again, it is almost instantaneous.

Is there anything that I can do to make it quicker like disabling other themes etc.

Thanks again

It appears there is a serious cache problem although it's not being acknowledged. Not sure but I see symptoms posted like this one including my own. I'm guessing you have Kodi installed on your C: drive and your media is on another drive. If that is true this delay is caused because your media drive is spun down and you won't see any artwork or be able to access the content until it spins up. If the metadata was actually cached properly, this shouldn't be happening. You say it's instantaneous after restarting Kodi, returning to the menu, etc. I'd imagine that is because the drive is still spun up from when it was initially started.

We should be able to browse the library with the drive spun down. The drive should only spin up for actual playback to access the media. This is what the cache is for. To duplicate and store the artwork and other metadata within Kodi so the other drives containing the original metadata don't have to be accessed and slow down the experience (which is what is happening).

I have eight internal SATA data drives. I routinely have to wait a few minutes for the drives to spin up in sequence and 'populate' the library. The library is locked up until then. Drives do not spin up all at once. Waiting for them, one by one, is pretty frustrating at times. The common cure suggested has been to never spin down the drives. Imo, that is not a cure. Furthermore, when I hold down the scroll button (horizontal view and not sure about other views) Kodi crashes every time. I don't even use backgrounds like fanart or anything. I'm using a very minimal view, not even the widgets this skin is popular for. It's not like Kodi is being overloaded processing artwork or taxing the GPU to draw. I guess the real test is if this happens using other skins. I've only tried the default Estuary. This does NOT happen using it. I thought it might be a Kodi problem and not a skin problem. See the link included where it was originally reported.

The last test would be to see if it's my end or not and I'm actually hoping it is since a cache problem is rather severe to diagnose let alone repair if it's skin related. Asking other users could see if any of this is familiar to them or not. This is with local drives. I don't know how NAS feeds are handled? I don't wish to plague marcelveldt unnecessarily but if it is a common problem and not isolated.... bring it to his attention and perhaps look into it if he desires.

(2017-03-14, 03:55)brazen1 Wrote:
(2017-03-14, 00:18)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-03-13, 00:46)brazen1 Wrote: I thought this was a very good suggestion. I didn't even know the setting existed. I just tried unchecking every view except horizontal, the only one I use. I went to browse the library. It won't budge until the drive(s) spin -up. I can hear the drive spinning up while it's stalled. Once the drive has spun-up, I can navigate..... until I come upon a title that resides on another drive that has not spun up yet. Once it too spins up, I can resume navigating until I come upon yet another drive containing that metadata and have to wait again. Attempting to navigate by holding down the scroll results in a crash every time. Again, I don't know if it's just my system or if this is prevalent for everyone.

I'm not 100% sure how it works exactly but my best guess is that it's trying to grab something from the disk.
Most definitely it will be the artwork but it shouldn't do that because that is cached locally.
Something is off either in the skin code or in your specific setup and I'd like to work with you to sort it out.
Are you available for some debugging ? In that case I will send you some special test versions of the skin and some actions to perform in order to sort out where the issue is.

After all you contribute for us? It's the least I could do. Ready when you are.

(2017-03-16, 03:04)brazen1 Wrote:
(2017-03-16, 00:29)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-03-14, 03:53)brazen1 Wrote: Your 2 cents makes sense. Why can't/isn't the metadata reference extended to the db as in case 1? Why should the file system query for path info when the data that needs to be read could be contained in the db? Sort of negates the whole need for a cache in the 1st place if it's going to do a confirm reference by calling up the source to read.

The only examples I could think of is for those that do not permanently populate source folders with metadata and/or those that only have one drive. Sort of screws the rest of us.....

With extrafanart enabled it will definitely spin up your disks, otherwise, as long as the images are in the texture cache, I guess it won't but I'm not sure.
There's a tool called Texture Cache Maintenance Utility. You might want to run that one to have all images pre-cached into the texture cache so it won't have to read your disks to grab the image at first access.
Just an idea. Might work.

(2017-03-16, 00:30)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-03-14, 03:55)brazen1 Wrote: After all you contribute for us? It's the least I could do. Ready when you are.

Well, please first test the texture cache tip. If that doesn't help we will do some debugging.

I was using the utility since it was introduced. I stopped using it when I switched to this skin because it deleted all my custom animated poster art. I haven't used it since. I understand animated artwork will rebuild now. Problem is, many of my custom artwork are not in the database. I've submitted them but they never made it and I don't know why.

Extrafanart is not enabled. Never has been. Nor is any other artwork. I only use posters. Nothing else, although I have ALL available artwork residing in the title folder. Just don't use them. Posters are cached. I can see them in the thumbnails folders along with actors, clearart, fanart, logo, etc.

I'll run the utility again just to double check but I'm fairly certain it won't make a difference now any more than it did in the past. If it does, I'll post the results. If not, you can PM me when convenient. I'll do it within 24hrs.
These are the commands I normally ran and in this order. Do you recommend I change anything?

C:\Python34\python.exe C:\texturecache.py update

C:\Python34\python.exe C:\texturecache.py P

C:\Python34\python.exe C:\texturecache.py R

C:\Python34\python.exe C:\texturecache.py c all

(2017-03-21, 04:04)brazen1 Wrote:
(2017-03-21, 01:39)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-03-16, 03:04)brazen1 Wrote: I was using the utility since it was introduced. I stopped using it when I switched to this skin because it deleted all my custom animated poster art. I haven't used it since. I understand animated artwork will rebuild now. Problem is, many of my custom artwork are not in the database. I've submitted them but they never made it and I don't know why.

Animated artwork is now stored in a seperate location so it's safe again to use the texture cache maintenance tool.
Well, if that also didn't work we'll have to dig deeper for the root cause.

Can you confirm that this issue does NOT exist if you switch to the default Estuary skin ?
Or does it also happen on the default skin ?

I ran the tool. I tested. Using Estuary (which is the default skin Windows 10, Kodi v.17) I scrolled my entire library pressing the key continuously. Kodi did not crash. I was able to scroll the entire library without waking any hard drives. The only time a drive wakes is when I need to access the movie for playback.

I immediately switched to Titan and repeated the test. Pressing down and scrolling continuously, crashes Kodi. Scrolling one by one, I can browse the library. But, I have to wait until drive(s) spin up when entering the library. ONLY the drive(s) that pertain to the (7) titles that are displayed (not simply what is focused) in the horizontal view. Which ever drives pertaining to those titles are now spinning. Now I can navigate. I continue scrolling one by one until I come upon a title that lives in a drive that is NOT spinning yet. Kodi/Titan stall and I can hear the drive starting to spin up. Once it has, I can continue navigating until I come upon ANOTHER title that lives on a drive that has NOT spun up yet, and so on and so forth.

Something is wrong with the cache procedure and reasoning in Titan that is not a problem using Estuary. It is skin specific.
I would not rule out my hardware although I don't see how that could come into play?
No one else has tested and then confirmed or denied.

(2017-03-22, 23:42)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-03-21, 04:04)brazen1 Wrote: I immediately switched to Titan and repeated the test. Pressing down and scrolling continuously, crashes Kodi. Scrolling one by one, I can browse the library. But, I have to wait until drive(s) spin up when entering the library. ONLY the drive(s) that pertain to the (7) titles that are displayed (not simply what is focused) in the horizontal view. Which ever drives pertaining to those titles are now spinning. Now I can navigate. I continue scrolling one by one until I come upon a title that lives in a drive that is NOT spinning yet. Kodi/Titan stall and I can hear the drive starting to spin up. Once it has, I can

OK, I did some testing on my end. Started Process Monitor with a few filters to check for file access on my media NAS.
With extrafanart enabled I immediately saw disk access for the extrafanart images. Disabled it. After that really no files were accessed while scrolling though the list.

Maybe you can do the same test on your setup to determine which files are accessed ?
Also, please double check that you really disabled extrafanart. Í'd also like to know which view you use for the library.

BTW: I'd like to mention that even if we can trace the source why it's accessing your disk you will never ever get this perfect.
Like member @oattes said too, Kodi will do a head checkup every now and than to your images, I believe in fact it does that every 48 hours.
So your disk will have to spin up every once in a while because the etxture cache checks if the image didn't change in the meanwhile.

Also for the sake of completeness I want to point out that spinning your disks down and up is very bad for your disks.
If it happens once a day, OK but multiple times will wear out your disks.

Best case scenario will discover what it is accessing and prevent that from slowing down the UI.

(2017-03-23, 04:15)brazen1 Wrote:
(2017-03-22, 23:42)marcelveldt Wrote: With extrafanart enabled I immediately saw disk access for the extrafanart images. Disabled it. After that really no files were accessed while scrolling though the list.
Maybe you can do the same test on your setup to determine which files are accessed ?
Also, please double check that you really disabled extrafanart.

I don't use extrafanart. I use a poster and a logo. I've already uplinked my settings to you. Show fanart background is DISABLED in Titan settings as are many other settings related to artworks.

(2017-03-22, 23:42)marcelveldt Wrote: Í'd also like to know which view you use for the library.

As I stated, Horizontal Panel (52). EVERY other view is disabled in settings.

(2017-03-22, 23:42)marcelveldt Wrote: BTW: I'd like to mention that even if we can trace the source why it's accessing your disk you will never ever get this perfect.
Like member @oattes said too, Kodi will do a head checkup every now and than to your images, I believe in fact it does that every 48 hours.
So your disk will have to spin up every once in a while because the etxture cache checks if the image didn't change in the meanwhile.

I can get it perfect if I use the default Kodi skin. This problem doesn't exist when testing with that but I prefer this one. It's going to become a deal breaker as it shortens the life of my HDD's though and I'd rather help you help me because I really like this skin and you maintain it well. I don't mind the drives spinning up once every 48 hours doing a cache vs folder confirmation. The problem is spinning them up every library browse.

(2017-03-22, 23:42)marcelveldt Wrote: Also for the sake of completeness I want to point out that spinning your disks down and up is very bad for your disks.
If it happens once a day, OK but multiple times will wear out your disks.

Exactly the reason I'd like to help diagnose and repair with you, per your request.
If this is no longer viable, I understand.

Anyway, here is process info you requested. I don't use Sysinternal or any of those 3rd party software. I just use windows built in. Here is what is triggering extra HDD's.

Logo.png $MFT NTFS Master file table
System volume information\EfaSIDat\SYMEFA.db
Poster.gif (.gifs are no longer in userdata folder animatedgifs. I remember you said you moved them but this problem existed when they used to be located there too. Maybe gifs themselves are the underlying problem? I disabled Prefer Animated Poster if available. That setting only disables gifs pulled in from the database, where ever that is. CUSTOM gifs I have manually added (because they are not in the database, although I submitted them to someone who said they maintained it and would add them) reside in the title folders with all the artwork. THESE are spinning up drive(s) to access.

Hmmmm, I am getting somewhere now. I added CUSTOM gifs to Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.module.metadatautils and to Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.module.skin.helper.artutils. This is no longer accessing HDD's. Fixed now, sort of. That one is my own fault and anyone else doing the same.
*EDIT*
A day has went by and now HDD's are being called for gifs again. I'm lost at this point. I do know it is accessing drives for animated poster .gifs and nothing else because logo is disabled in skin. With logo enabled, it too accesses drives.

logo.png is the only problem now. This is still being accessed from HDD's.
If I disable Show Clear Logo if available top center, logo.png is no longer accessed and all is well. I have custom logo but nothing custom being accessed. These are in database scraper.
I would like to use logo and clearlogo if possible but will turn off for now. Maybe you can help with this and check skin code? I don't think it's me? Thank you for the hints. Happy!

(2017-03-23, 20:45)Rastan Wrote: First of all this is a beautiful skin and I love how versatile it is. Everything is perfect except I am getting a crash every time I try to browse my movies. The movie artwork starts disappearing almost like the skin can't keep up. Sometimes an error message pops up like this.

I can browse the TV shows and music ok. The crash only happens in movies. I can browse my movies in Estuary without it crashing. I have run out of ideas on how to fix it and was hoping I could find an answer here Confused

Here is the LOG

You are not alone. Trying to diagnose as time permits.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Quote:1) The issue with the widget topic too close to the widget will be fixed in next update.
2) Your widgets are stretched because this skin only supports 16:9 and 16:10 aspect ratio. 4:3 is NOT supported.

OK.I hoped it would because Kodi 17 does support multi aspect ratio now.
But I see that it would be a very big challenge to adapt all the many layouts within Titan.

Quote:There is a Kodi setting to enable adding of sources. I believe it's hidden somewhere in settings --> appearance --> file lists
It already is, but is not my problem. I cannot find a menu entry or button (like in estuary), to start the filemanager, anymore!
Hi, I believe you push the down arrow when you're on Settings to reveal the file manager option (by on Settings I mean hovering over the option, not actually in the settings menu)
I have a problem when i press the trailer button nothing happens!
Latest Krypton and latest Titan beta!!
In othere skins trailer works fine i use lokal trailer!
(2017-03-22, 13:20)peajay18 Wrote: 1 - is there a way to turn off the IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes etc ratings in the Netflix view? or even select which one(s) are displayed? I can remove them by editing the XML file, but of course the next update puts them back.

2 - when browsing TV episodes in the Big List view, every time I move to another episode, the fanart resets to the TV shows default fanart and I have to wait again if I want to see the extra fanart.
Is there a way to browse episode lists without interrupting the extra fanart slideshow? (have I explained that well enough?)

3 - Also in the Netflix view, the studio logo has a noticeable delay before it changes as I browse movies or TV. Nothing major, but is there a way to assign a studio logo to a library item like we do clearart, logos, poster etc in order to speed up the display? Currently

As I said, none of these stop me using my favourite skin, and I guess you have more important issues, but grateful if you have any thoughts.

1) This will be fixed in next update. Instead of Always displaying those ratings it will now follow the settings for the other views.

2) Will also be fixed in next update

3) The delay is just a few ms so that should not be noticable with the human eyes if the info is in the cache.
Do you see that delay on all items or just some ? Please also test with the next update as I fixed something to speed up the processing.
As for your question, no that image can not be set into the database. This might change in the future as I plan to contibute some code to the Kodi source to move some of the skinhelper stuff to Kodi itself.

Note, be aware that these changes will be in the beta version first and pushed to stable after a small period of time.
(2017-03-22, 14:07)tamc91 Wrote: Hi could anyone help me out here been using titan windows 10 set up for some time now but it updated and now all my widgets have been replaced by 2 spinning cogs.
Any ideas on how to sort this

The latest update has some major changes to the widget code. In some circumstances this means that you will have to re-do your widget setup, sorry.
I do not have enough free time to write some hassle free auto migration.
Best is to reset your shortcuts to defaults to make sure there is no leftover garbage.
(2017-03-22, 19:14)badkarmaboy Wrote:
(2017-03-22, 13:20)peajay18 Wrote: 1 - is there a way to turn off the IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes etc ratings in the Netflix view? or even select which one(s) are displayed? I can remove them by editing the XML file, but of course the next update puts them back.

+1 to make all of the above optional, but in all views, please.

It is already optional. In the Skin settings - Media library views you can enable those ratings.
(2017-03-26, 14:57)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-03-22, 19:14)badkarmaboy Wrote:

+1 to make all of the above optional, but in all views, please.

It is already optional. In the Skin settings - Media library views you can enable those ratings.

What I mean is make it optional to display the critique of a movie in movie information view. The text displayed below the movie details, in the field where the media path is displayed (if enabled) and the "Nominations" and "Wins". Isn't that the same peajay18 is asking for?
Photo 
the option to set background in home menu editor seems to have vanished. i previously had it set to display fanart from widget 1. but the whole option has gone now.
(2017-03-24, 00:25)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-03-21, 19:16)jasn Wrote: Glad to see I wasn't missing something. Thanks Marcel. If you could also enable the keyboard "Pg Up/Pg Dwn" ratings assignment, also in Estuary, that would be a grand slam for me.

Sure, also a small fix. Available in next update

Marcel, I auto-DL'd an update yesterday and now see star ratings displayed when viewing info for songs. Great! However, I am still not seeing stars displayed when viewing songs under Fullscreen.

Am I getting ahead of your efforts?

Thx, jasn
(2017-03-23, 04:15)brazen1 Wrote: Poster.gif (.gifs are no longer in userdata folder animatedgifs. I remember you said you moved them but this problem existed when they used to be located there too. Maybe gifs themselves are the underlying problem? I disabled Prefer Animated Poster if available. That setting only disables gifs pulled in from the database, where ever that is. CUSTOM gifs I have manually added (because they are not in the database, although I submitted them to someone who said they maintained it and would add them) reside in the title folders with all the artwork. THESE are spinning up drive(s) to access.

Hmmmm, I am getting somewhere now. I added CUSTOM gifs to Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.module.metadatautils and to Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.module.skin.helper.artutils. This is no longer accessing HDD's. Fixed now, sort of. That one is my own fault and anyone else doing the same.
*EDIT*
A day has went by and now HDD's are being called for gifs again. I'm lost at this point. I do know it is accessing drives for animated poster .gifs and nothing else because logo is disabled in skin. With logo enabled, it too accesses drives.
There is your issue... You placed animated art within your media folders which is NOT supported. The texture cache is skipped for animated gifs so you really need to make sure that you place the animated gifs on a local drive drive that is always on.
That's the reason that by default the animated gifs are placed in the addon_data folder on the local drive.

(2017-03-23, 04:15)brazen1 Wrote: logo.png is the only problem now. This is still being accessed from HDD's.
If I disable Show Clear Logo if available top center, logo.png is no longer accessed and all is well. I have custom logo but nothing custom being accessed. These are in database scraper.
I would like to use logo and clearlogo if possible but will turn off for now. Maybe you can help with this and check skin code? I don't think it's me? Thank you for the hints. Happy!

I discovered a small bug in the skin. For the clearlogo, it wasn't requesting the clearlogo with the backgroud property (load in background). Somehow I suspect that this also forced it to grab the local copy and not the one in texture cache.
I'll post new update (beta) later today or tomorrow, please give that a test drive.
(2017-03-26, 13:32)Mario S. Wrote: I have a problem when i press the trailer button nothing happens!
Latest Krypton and latest Titan beta!!
In othere skins trailer works fine i use lokal trailer!

I think I found the Problem , when TV Tunes is activated and the movie have a theme then I can press the stop
button on my remote and the when I click the trailer button it plays fine.
Why can I press stop during the payback of a theme?
I think that's the problem !!
  • 94(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton)6