• 61(current)
IARL - Deprecated
(2017-03-24, 01:22)cchocas Wrote:
(2017-03-23, 00:10)zachmorris Wrote:
(2017-03-22, 09:19)cchocas Wrote: https://paste.ubuntu.com/24187157/

Setup for Saturn needs tweaking. Change IARL to use the Mednafen Saturn core. I see the IARL wizard still points to Yabuse as the default core, which I'll have to fix in the next update.

Command for Dreamcast appears correct, so likely an issue with your setup. For that I suggest following the steps in the FAQ here. Specifically, the FAQ says:
Code:
In a nutshell this is how IARL works:
- Grabs the required files you requested from the archive
- Processes those files (if necessary) to get them ready to launch (unzip for example, some others have config files automatically generated).
- Executes a command line command to launch the game. This would in theory be the same exact command you would use to launch the game from the command line.

Troubleshooting:
Assuming the game downloads from IARL correctly. Start Retroarch and launch the game directly from the emulator (i.e. start retroarch and try and launch the game file that IARL downloaded). If that doesn't work, then the problem lies with your setup or the emulator (hint: It's probably a BIOS file issue).

You can turn on debug logging in Kodi, attempt to launch your game, it will still fail, but then you can review the log and see what command is sent. Review the command, or even better, copy and paste it into the command line for your computer and see what error you get.

The debug log you provided shows the command was sent as follows:
Code:
"E:\Jogos\Retroarch\retroarch.exe"  -L "E:\Jogos\Retroarch\cores\reicast_libretro.dll" "E:\Jogos\Roms\Sega Dreamcast\Capcom_vs_SNK\Capcom vs. SNK (USA).gdi"

Which looks like what I would expect it to. You can paste that command into a cmd prompt (and maybe add "-verbose" to the end of the command) to see what the emulator is complaining about.

Hi zach Thanks for your reply. Finally I can run reicast and mednafen saturn! Thanks for you help. Unfortunatly mednafen saturn has some issues on sound and performance. So i Wonder if its possible to add yabause(has better performance) and epsxe to IARL( non retroarch) just like you did with project 64. Is possible to add those in some future update? Thanks and keep the good work.
PS: is it possible to use a gamepad on Dosbox? Cheers

Glad you got it working.
Regarding other emulators. You can use any emulator you want provided it can accept command line commands. See info here.

I've personally got a gamepad working in DOSBox, but it depends on the game and the keyboard setup. You can open up the 'quick menu' in Retroarch after you start a game and go to Options and you can define keys for each gamepad button. I'm no expert for Retroarch though. I'm currently working on it to get controls working for my setup, and I agree it can be super confusing.
(2017-03-24, 04:24)marcusdurco Wrote: I have gamestarter installed on Libreelec Kodi 17. I configured the IARL as described on the github page, but when I launch a game the system reboots.

I have a question, since I am running Libreelec on Raspberry Pi and I have the Gamestarter addon installed, should I choose Libreelec x86 or the OpenElec Gamestarter option as a external launch?

Gamestarter you should select OpenElec Gamestarter (RPi) - The setting was named before it worked for LibreElec, but it works on my RPi. I'll add renaming the setting for the next release.

After you've setup your system, you should be able to select a particular game archive and select 'Review Launch Command'. It will give you a preview of the command IARL will send, and it should be the same command Gamestarter expects. Here's the list of commands that IARL uses.

The 'reboot' is typically an attempt to launch Retroarch, but then Retroarch is failing to launch for whatever reason:
I believe Gamestarter generates logs you can review to see what the error is:
Code:
LOG_FILE=/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.gamestarter/gamestarter.log
LOG_FILE_RA=/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.gamestarter/gamestarter_retroarch.log

Suggest trying an easy game archive like NES to see if you can get it working, and then work from there on the other systems.
(2017-03-24, 04:29)zachmorris Wrote:
(2017-03-24, 01:22)cchocas Wrote:
(2017-03-23, 00:10)zachmorris Wrote: Setup for Saturn needs tweaking. Change IARL to use the Mednafen Saturn core. I see the IARL wizard still points to Yabuse as the default core, which I'll have to fix in the next update.

Command for Dreamcast appears correct, so likely an issue with your setup. For that I suggest following the steps in the FAQ here. Specifically, the FAQ says:
Code:
In a nutshell this is how IARL works:
- Grabs the required files you requested from the archive
- Processes those files (if necessary) to get them ready to launch (unzip for example, some others have config files automatically generated).
- Executes a command line command to launch the game. This would in theory be the same exact command you would use to launch the game from the command line.

Troubleshooting:
Assuming the game downloads from IARL correctly. Start Retroarch and launch the game directly from the emulator (i.e. start retroarch and try and launch the game file that IARL downloaded). If that doesn't work, then the problem lies with your setup or the emulator (hint: It's probably a BIOS file issue).

You can turn on debug logging in Kodi, attempt to launch your game, it will still fail, but then you can review the log and see what command is sent. Review the command, or even better, copy and paste it into the command line for your computer and see what error you get.

The debug log you provided shows the command was sent as follows:
Code:
"E:\Jogos\Retroarch\retroarch.exe"  -L "E:\Jogos\Retroarch\cores\reicast_libretro.dll" "E:\Jogos\Roms\Sega Dreamcast\Capcom_vs_SNK\Capcom vs. SNK (USA).gdi"

Which looks like what I would expect it to. You can paste that command into a cmd prompt (and maybe add "-verbose" to the end of the command) to see what the emulator is complaining about.

Hi zach Thanks for your reply. Finally I can run reicast and mednafen saturn! Thanks for you help. Unfortunatly mednafen saturn has some issues on sound and performance. So i Wonder if its possible to add yabause(has better performance) and epsxe to IARL( non retroarch) just like you did with project 64. Is possible to add those in some future update? Thanks and keep the good work.

Glad you got it working.
Regarding other emulators. You can use any emulator you want provided it can accept command line commands. See info here.

I've personally got a gamepad working in DOSBox, but it depends on the game and the keyboard setup. You can open up the 'quick menu' in Retroarch after you start a game and go to Options and you can define keys for each gamepad button. I'm no expert for Retroarch though. I'm currently working on it to get controls working for my setup, and I agree it can be super confusing.

Hello again Smile I can get epsxe run through IARL but i still need to open the downloaded rom manually after epsxe is open. I entered my path to the emulator in the "Manually entered command line" (E:\Jogos\HD ePSX\epsxer1699.exe) in my case. Can you tell me what am i doing wrong or missing so that the emulator starts with the downloaded rom? thanks again and sorry for my noob questions.
Ps: I have already learned alot thanks to you Big Grin
(2017-03-26, 06:22)cchocas Wrote:
(2017-03-24, 04:29)zachmorris Wrote:
(2017-03-24, 01:22)cchocas Wrote: Hi zach Thanks for your reply. Finally I can run reicast and mednafen saturn! Thanks for you help. Unfortunatly mednafen saturn has some issues on sound and performance. So i Wonder if its possible to add yabause(has better performance) and epsxe to IARL( non retroarch) just like you did with project 64. Is possible to add those in some future update? Thanks and keep the good work.

Glad you got it working.

Hello again Smile I can get epsxe run through IARL but i still need to open the downloaded rom manually after epsxe is open. I entered my path to the emulator in the "Manually entered command line" (E:\Jogos\HD ePSX\epsxer1699.exe) in my case. Can you tell me what am i doing wrong or missing so that the emulator starts with the downloaded rom? thanks again and sorry for my noob questions.
Ps: I have already learned alot thanks to you Big Grin

Many emulators unfortunately expects a different filetype to launch. By default, the PS archive points to an automatically generated M3U file which Retroarch can accept. I imagine epsxe doesn't like M3U files, so you can change the postdl command to point to a filetype that epsxe can handle.
There's no automatic way to do this yet (a future addon update will let you do this from Kodi), so you'll have to manually edit the xml file. Change this line in the archive xml file:
Code:
<emu_postdlaction>convert_zip_m3u</emu_postdlaction>
to
Code:
<emu_postdlaction>convert_zip_cue</emu_postdlaction>
Thanks for the addon is awesome.
Testing windows version.
I have one question.

The file "settings.xml" located at "...\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.iarl" contains general setting like:

Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="iarl_additional_emulator_1_path" value="" />
    <setting id="iarl_additional_emulator_1_type" value="Disabled" />
    <setting id="iarl_additional_emulator_2_path" value="" />
    <setting id="iarl_additional_emulator_2_type" value="Disabled" />
    <setting id="iarl_additional_emulator_3_path" value="" />
    <setting id="iarl_additional_emulator_3_type" value="Disabled" />
    <setting id="iarl_enable_login" value="Disabled" />
    <setting id="iarl_enable_netplay" value="Disabled" />
    <setting id="iarl_external_launch_close_kodi" value="Disabled" />
    <setting id="iarl_external_user_external_env" value="Windows" />
    <setting id="iarl_netplay_IP" value="" />
    <setting id="iarl_netplay_frames" value="Disabled" />
    <setting id="iarl_netplay_hostclient" value="Player 1 Host" />

So... Is there any similar file to set "manually" all the config stuff for each single emulator.
I mean , I want to test atari 2600 and even I have my retroarch path set and external emulator set yet I have to manually choose "stella libretro" from kodi.
I think that could be great if I just can edit some xml with my text-editor.
Can I do this?What file controls this settings?
Thanks another time.
(2017-03-26, 19:03)qqplayer Wrote: Thanks for the addon is awesome.
Testing windows version.
I have one question.

The file "settings.xml" located at "...\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.iarl" contains general setting like:

Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="iarl_additional_emulator_1_path" value="" />
    <setting id="iarl_additional_emulator_1_type" value="Disabled" />
    <setting id="iarl_additional_emulator_2_path" value="" />
    <setting id="iarl_additional_emulator_2_type" value="Disabled" />
    <setting id="iarl_additional_emulator_3_path" value="" />
    <setting id="iarl_additional_emulator_3_type" value="Disabled" />
    <setting id="iarl_enable_login" value="Disabled" />
    <setting id="iarl_enable_netplay" value="Disabled" />
    <setting id="iarl_external_launch_close_kodi" value="Disabled" />
    <setting id="iarl_external_user_external_env" value="Windows" />
    <setting id="iarl_netplay_IP" value="" />
    <setting id="iarl_netplay_frames" value="Disabled" />
    <setting id="iarl_netplay_hostclient" value="Player 1 Host" />

So... Is there any similar file to set "manually" all the config stuff for each single emulator.
I mean , I want to test atari 2600 and even I have my retroarch path set and external emulator set yet I have to manually choose "stella libretro" from kodi.
I think that could be great if I just can edit some xml with my text-editor.
Can I do this?What file controls this settings?
Thanks another time.

Settings for each archive list can be manually edited. Most of the settings stuff in the xml files can be changed in Kodi directly, but you can also edit it with any text editor. See info here.
(2017-03-21, 00:14)zachmorris Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 20:10)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 20:02)lefty420 Wrote: Yes, but it doesn't work with special addresses.Try using the full path c:\....... yadda yadda. I packaged everything into personal package for my brother to install so it does work.
Yea, but that defeats the purpose, since my path is gonna be different than another PCs path because of the User. C:/Users/XXXX/appdata/roaming/Kodi. The XXXX name is gonna be different on every computer. (Unless you guys happen to have the same user name) So the path would still need to be manually set for their pc in IARL settings, if it was a special path it wouldnt matter

I think adding support for special paths in the settings is possible, I'll add it to my list of things to change. Mind you that would still require a manual edit of the settings since I don't believe there's a way to set special paths via the GUI.

Any luck getting this to work?
(2017-03-29, 14:39)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2017-03-21, 00:14)zachmorris Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 20:10)jdig4240 Wrote: Yea, but that defeats the purpose, since my path is gonna be different than another PCs path because of the User. C:/Users/XXXX/appdata/roaming/Kodi. The XXXX name is gonna be different on every computer. (Unless you guys happen to have the same user name) So the path would still need to be manually set for their pc in IARL settings, if it was a special path it wouldnt matter

I think adding support for special paths in the settings is possible, I'll add it to my list of things to change. Mind you that would still require a manual edit of the settings since I don't believe there's a way to set special paths via the GUI.

I've added a change to the addon and it's available from github - it would actually be good if someone tested it. I haven't pushed a new release to my repository yet though.
(2017-03-29, 21:12)zachmorris Wrote:
(2017-03-29, 14:39)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2017-03-21, 00:14)zachmorris Wrote: I think adding support for special paths in the settings is possible, I'll add it to my list of things to change. Mind you that would still require a manual edit of the settings since I don't believe there's a way to set special paths via the GUI.

I've added a change to the addon and it's available from github - it would actually be good if someone tested it. I haven't pushed a new release to my repository yet though.

Zach, Its working PERFECTLY with special paths on PC. THANK YOU.
Can you help me brainstorm how I can add Retroarch for Android from the Special folder userdata, so I can package it up as one download with the cores folder?
(2017-03-30, 18:07)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2017-03-29, 21:12)zachmorris Wrote:
(2017-03-29, 14:39)jdig4240 Wrote: Any luck getting this to work?

Can you help me brainstorm how I can add Retroarch for Android from the Special folder userdata, so I can package it up as one download with the cores folder?

Unfortunately, i don't think that will work on stock Android. Android has super strict rules about executables in the right directory. I've fought with that for a while trying to get 7zip to work. Unless the user has root access you're probably SOL. If it's an Android box (S905) with LibreElec installed, then there's already an addon for that.
(2017-03-30, 21:08)zachmorris Wrote:
(2017-03-30, 18:07)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2017-03-29, 21:12)zachmorris Wrote: I've added a change to the addon and it's available from github - it would actually be good if someone tested it. I haven't pushed a new release to my repository yet though.

Unfortunately, i don't think that will work on stock Android. Android has super strict rules about executables in the right directory. I've fought with that for a while trying to get 7zip to work. Unless the user has root access you're probably SOL. If it's an Android box (S905) with LibreElec installed, then there's already an addon for that.

I figured you would know, thanks!
Version 1.6.1 is available in the repository, changes include:
- A few code improvements and small bugfixes
- Added support for special paths in addon settings
- Added advanced settings to allow for post download function editing (a wiki update is needed to doc when this is used)
- Fix for github issue #27 - should resolve issues with locally saved files not correctly recognized
- Added post dl function for MESS2014
- Fix divide by zero bug in downloading
- Setting name changes for clarification (email and gamestarter)
- Added PCE CD Archive (328 Games)
- Added wizard setting for PCE CD
- Rescraped Final Burn Alpha (0.2.97.39), added additional metadata (1479 Games Filtered, 4134 Games Unfiltered)
- Rescraped SNES, added additional metadata, inline with IADB (2243 Games Filtered, 3641 Games Unfiltered). All images should load as fast as possible now with SNES.
- Updated some images for archive listings that were not available
- Added new viewtypes by adding setcontent in addon
- Added advanced setting to change addon content type (default to TVShow for most viewtypes currently, will eventually default to games)

I had a little epiphany with the last two changes. I was playing around with Estuary and realized only two viewtypes were available for some reason. After some digging, I found that if I set the content type for IARL (to tvshows or movies), it allowed the skins to show many more different views than previously. It's like a whole new addon looks wise (at least for me). A few quick screenshots below:
watch gallery
Yes Zack! awesome stuff. Thanks for unlocking the viewtypes great stuff. I noticed you added a patch to Escalade's build to support amiga thanks man I've been using a dirty fix. Awesome work as per usual man.
I was wondering if there were any plans to update the c64 list to support a vice compatible gameset? instead of using mame softlist.
Thanks for all your work man if you ever need any help with anything just drop me a pm.
After 1.6.1 update, broke my setup on Android and Windows. Will not let me set it up and run the wizard. I even started with a fresh install of Kodi with only your Repo. Installed only IARL from repo and attempted to set up Retroarch app location, and system folder, tried running Setup wizard and errors out. This log shows everything from fresh start, installing repo, Installing IARL, then attempting to use the Setup wizard, no luck. Everything was running fine before the update on both Android and my Windows setup, now nothing.

Kodi Log: http://jed.one/Other%20stuff/kodiIARL.log

ImportError: No module named resources.lib.webutils

Please help, thanks!!
(2017-04-06, 04:19)jdig4240 Wrote: After 1.6.1 update, broke my setup on Android and Windows. Will not let me set it up and run the wizard. I even started with a fresh install of Kodi with only your Repo. Installed only IARL from repo and attempted to set up Retroarch app location, and system folder, tried running Setup wizard and errors out. This log shows everything from fresh start, installing repo, Installing IARL, then attempting to use the Setup wizard, no luck. Everything was running fine before the update on both Android and my Windows setup, now nothing.

Kodi Log: http://jed.one/Other%20stuff/kodiIARL.log

ImportError: No module named resources.lib.webutils

Please help, thanks!!

Bummer, looks like a bad copy paste error. Although this bug is not seen on my tests OSX or Linux or Windows... Maybe it's a Kodi/python version thing? Python I don't think i fully understand.

Anyway, I've updated github, i'll create a repo update soon. In the meantime, the error is fixed with changing this one line.
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10