• 95(current)
Beta Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton)
(2017-03-25, 10:28)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-03-22, 12:25)spinecho Wrote: I'm running latest beta on libreelec Krypton 17.1 (Raybuntu build on Week Play 2) and showcase mode is definitely not fixed focus!!
Maybe we both have a different understanding of fixed focus. With the showcase view the middle/center poster is focused and the other posters are not. So, I'm not sure exactly what you mean. What is your expectation of "fixed focus" ?

(2017-03-22, 12:25)spinecho Wrote: Also...How can i uninstall this skin? There's no option? I wish to uninstall and reinstall fresh.

Install fresh will not do much as your settings are kept. Unless you're missing files or manually messed with skin files, there is generally no need to install fresh. If you really want that, you must first switch to another skin, after that you can uninstall from the addons section.
Better is to just reset all setings to defaults, that will refresh the entire skin.
Skin settings --> Backup and restore --> Reset to default settings
Hi marcelveldt.

Thanks for the replies.
I think we do have crossed wires over fixed focus!
I think i mean fixed list as in Showcase view with Aeon Nox skin (Silvo).

With this skin, fixed list stops the wraparound of posters, so my last movie does not show in front of first movie.
(Probably not explaining it well, can't take screenshot at mo [emoji20])

I'd like this type of behaviour...No wraparound...Is this possible?

I've sorted all the other problems, thanks.

Sent from my SM-G903F
(2017-03-26, 17:18)chrisjenks35 Wrote: the option to set background in home menu editor seems to have vanished. i previously had it set to display fanart from widget 1. but the whole option has gone now.

0it looks like the select background option is there now?? very wierd. but within that there is no option to select widget fan art? help would e great as i love the feature and finishes of my setup look
(2017-03-26, 22:55)spinecho Wrote:
(2017-03-25, 10:28)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-03-22, 12:25)spinecho Wrote: I'm running latest beta on libreelec Krypton 17.1 (Raybuntu build on Week Play 2) and showcase mode is definitely not fixed focus!!
Maybe we both have a different understanding of fixed focus. With the showcase view the middle/center poster is focused and the other posters are not. So, I'm not sure exactly what you mean. What is your expectation of "fixed focus" ?

(2017-03-22, 12:25)spinecho Wrote: Also...How can i uninstall this skin? There's no option? I wish to uninstall and reinstall fresh.

Install fresh will not do much as your settings are kept. Unless you're missing files or manually messed with skin files, there is generally no need to install fresh. If you really want that, you must first switch to another skin, after that you can uninstall from the addons section.
Better is to just reset all setings to defaults, that will refresh the entire skin.
Hi marcelveldt.

Thanks for the replies.

With this skin, fixed list stops the wraparound of posters, so my last movie does not show in front of first movie.

Sent from my SM-G903F (typie typie)
Here's Fixed Focus in Showcase view with Aeon Nox Silvo:
ImageImage
There is no wraparound.

You have this Fixed List view for Netflix style:

Is this possible with showcase view?
Many thanks.

Sent from my SM-G903F
(2017-03-27, 09:01)spinecho Wrote:
(2017-03-26, 22:55)spinecho Wrote:
(2017-03-25, 10:28)marcelveldt Wrote: Maybe we both have a different understanding of fixed focus. With the showcase view the middle/center poster is focused and the other posters are not. So, I'm not sure exactly what you mean. What is your expectation of "fixed focus" ?

Hi marcelveldt.

Thanks for the replies.

Here's Fixed Focus in Showcase view with Aeon Nox Silvo:
ImageImage
There is no wraparound.

You have this Fixed List view for Netflix style:

Is this possible with showcase view?
Many thanks.

Just wanted to add: a full removal short of manual deleting of the addon and userdata items for the skin is as marcel suggested - reset skin but you can also uninstall the addon from the addon settings menu once you have switched to another skin. You cannot uninstall an active skin. Then download and reinstall the addon once again from the repo if you think that the skin itself may be corrupted - I've had it happen when an addon update was in process and Kodi crashed.

Krypton changes the addon update behavior so that should not happen anymore. now Kodi will move an active skin to a temp dir and if necessary forcibly close the texture files once the update is downloaded unzipped and ready to be installed and swapped in by triggering a reload of the new skin.

Regarding fixed focus and fixed list.

This may help you communicate your desires and definitions of fixed/focus layout and control elements of the view / list

"The fixed list container is one of several containers used to display items from file lists in various ways. The fixed list container is the same as the List Container, with one exception: the focused item is fixed. Thus, moving up or down scrolls the items, not the focused position. As with all container controls, the layout of the items within the control is very flexible."

http://kodi.wiki/view/Fixed_List_Container

Replicating every view from Skin X, Y & Z is not as easy as you think.

I know that link is terribly technical - sorry.

But if you look at it and even partially understand it and then consider the layouts using the various control options etc you may see a view that no one has thought of yet.

I work with programmers, IT & technical folks all the time but have had some of the most inspirational and OMG moments come from a non technical person who I've asked to sit in on a project and just observe and comment - it's amazing to watch a non tech person have that light bulb moment and just blow away everyone in the room.

Hope this helps :-)

Ps

Forgot to add this link:

http://kodi.wiki/view/XBMC_Skinning_Manual

Specially in addition to the list and fixed list are the panel containers and as you mention the wrap lists.

Views / lists / containers - on my! Lol

Again - sorry very boring and technical I know - just throwing it out there... you never know you could be the next Kodi skin dev and not yet know it - hehe
(2017-03-23, 06:29)Kataliyst Wrote: Ever since the latest Titan Skin Update (3.6.120) as well as Titan 3.7.55+ when I use the "Video Source" as a widget, ALL files in the folder show up across the screen. Meaning if I have a .JPG for a video, it shows up, and so does the poster art associated with the video. If I have a .NFO file, it will also show up. So an example, if I have 4 files for a movie of differing file extensions, I will see 4 posters for the same move across the screen, with the file name below it.

I can verify that 3.7.23 is GOOD - so this was fine before the change to the multi-widget stuff...

Could you please help to restore how it used to function when using a folder location for Video Source as a widget?

It used to only show one poster for the actual video or tv show.

*UPDATE*

I was able to figure this out for ANYONE that is experiencing this. Make a playlist and filter by path. Then use the Playlist you created instead of the "Sources" option. Use path contains

If you specify a file path as widget source it will display all files in that path. This is out of control of the skin. The skin just displays whatever Kodi is feeding into the widget-container.

So, it's simply not true when you say that this was different in a previous version, trust me.

There is a general Kodi setting to hide any hidden items in the file listings.
Maybe you had that setting enabled before and your additional files like artwork and nfo were all set as hidden files on disk ?

Your solution with the playlists is indeed the valid way to solve this.
(2017-03-23, 07:51)htpcmac Wrote: When I hit the Play With shortcut (Y) the menu is not fully visible.

I'm sorry but I do not fully understand what you mean. Also, the screenshot doesn't clear up the confusion.
What steps do I have to take to reproduce the issue ?
(2017-03-23, 20:45)Rastan Wrote: First of all this is a beautiful skin and I love how versatile it is. Everything is perfect except I am getting a crash every time I try to browse my movies. The movie artwork starts disappearing almost like the skin can't keep up. Sometimes an error message pops up like this.

I can browse the TV shows and music ok. The crash only happens in movies. I can browse my movies in Estuary without it crashing. I have run out of ideas on how to fix it and was hoping I could find an answer here Confused

This skin, with all bells and whistles enabled can be heavy for your system. It should't crash Kodi though.
Maybe one of the many settings is causing the crash.

Please reset the skin to defaults: Skin Settings --> Backup and Restore --> Reset to defaults

After that, check if the crashing is gone. If so, enable the more advanced skin settings to your liking one-by-one untill the crashing returns again.

A few notes:

1) Animated artwork is REALLY heavy for your system. If you have a low spec device, disable it.
2) Automatic widget rotation is both really heavy and a buggy feature. Disable it if it causes issues on your device.
3) The link to the logfile doesn't work.
Hi again, after hours more of trying different things. I stumbled upon and realised that it was the settings under Media library views --> Prefer animated posters (if available) setting as you mentioned. My PC is not the fastest in the world. But I think it has more than enough horse power for Kodi and a heavy skin. I'm no coder but I think its the way the animated artwork is called on the fly. When scrolling through movies so many things are being checked and looked for, then displayed at the same time the skin is scrolling and showing the different artwork which overloads kodi. I think I read somewhere that Kodi has a limit on the amount of RAM it can use because it is coded in 32 bit.

I also found it is not just in Titan. Aeon Madnox has the same problem for me. I have just disabled animated artwork in the meantime. Automatic widget rotation works fine for me, although it occationally shows a grey square instead of artwork, but I can live with that.

Thanks for your time and thankyou so much for the beautiful skin, the family are enjoying it too! Big Grin
(2017-03-24, 01:04)Simograndi Wrote: 1) I'm sure, I've always used this skin, and I use the Surface almost daily
2) It worked fine until beta 3.7.52 for sure, maybe .53
3) Yes, one of main reasons for using your skin without keyboard plugged in

I finally had time to test this on a Windows 10 tablet and it's working fine.
I'm afraid this is somehow related to your setup.

Maybe you changed something in Kodi that casuses this ?
I've tested with Kodi 17.1 both stable and beta version is working fine.

Maybe you can also test it with a clean setup ?
I am on Kodi 17 and on the newest Titan Skin using Netflix style v2.

1. When I want to continue a movie within the home screen it displays the options continue and start from the beginning not visible in the left corner, see here:

2. Mark as (un-)watched doesn't work:

3. I don't know exactly if this is an add-on issue not related to Titan skin but the title logos for movies work while for tv series it is not reliable enough. What I mean is I wait minutes without updating the title to a logo. This was not an issue before.

Other than these Titan skin with Netflix style v2 is the best skin ever! Smile

Edit: issue #3 has been 'fixed', it takes longer than the movie covers but only 3-5 seconds longer.

But I have another problem.

4. The covers in the home screen are english (this is what I want) but when I play a movie the cover is in German (I am German but I want all covers be the same not a mix of homescreen-englisch and movie playing-german cover)

Moana (english cover)

Vaiana (german cover)
(2017-03-25, 03:02)doik Wrote: Titan is my favorite skin, it's the best. My request would be even more options for lists, sorting, sizing media... Titan already has more any any other.
Well, you have to be a bit more specific about your request because this is a little bit vague.

(2017-03-25, 03:02)doik Wrote: Please do something about the default repo download, the old Titan that installs seems ok then corrupts and fails. When I downloaded Kodi for a new install, 17 is 'the download' so I figured it was smoother then before.... but same thing happened. I had more time to look into it and found this thread with the download link... thanks. But I think anyone else that comes along is going to have this issue, maybe a warning or updated version should be put in place.

If you're on Kodi 17.1 this should be more smooth than ever as the kodi devs have recently put some work in making skin updates more failsafe.
(2017-03-25, 11:48)berkhornet Wrote: Marce
I just noticed a possible small bug when using vertical home screen layouts with sub menus.

When using Simple Confluence Style Homescreen Vertical the sub menu panel size is not adjusted to the number of sub menu items. It looks like 6 sub menu items could be accommodated. This results in a large area of colour on the screen if there are only 2 or 3 sub menu items.

This issue will be fixed in the next update of the skin, thanks
(2017-03-26, 08:51)nexus7 Wrote: OK.I hoped it would because Kodi 17 does support multi aspect ratio now.
But I see that it would be a very big challenge to adapt all the many layouts within Titan.
Kodi supports that for a very long time already but the difference between 16:9/16:10 and 4:3 is way too much
BTW: Images should not be stretched when using a 4:3 monitor (but just misaligned) so I suspect you're opening Kod on one monitor and than switch to another ? Make sure to open Kodi on the correct monitor and it won't be stretched. It will however not look perfect as the skin simply isn't build for 4:3 aspect ratio.

(2017-03-26, 08:51)nexus7 Wrote: There is a Kodi setting to enable adding of sources. I believe it's hidden somewhere in settings --> appearance --> file lists
It already is, but is not my problem. I cannot find a menu entry or button (like in estuary), to start the filemanager, anymore!

Submenu of Settings --> Filemanager
You also add your own shortcut to the filemanager with the shortcuts editor
(2017-03-26, 13:32)Mario S. Wrote: I have a problem when i press the trailer button nothing happens!
Latest Krypton and latest Titan beta!!
In othere skins trailer works fine i use lokal trailer!

This happens when something is already playing (like tvtunes or music).
Will be fixed in next update
(2017-03-26, 15:42)badkarmaboy Wrote: What I mean is make it optional to display the critique of a movie in movie information view. The text displayed below the movie details, in the field where the media path is displayed (if enabled) and the "Nominations" and "Wins". Isn't that the same peajay18 is asking for?

OK, I've added your request on my todo list. Once I start working on it I'll give you a heads up.

https://trello.com/c/zqjP74kY/72-rotten-...-videoinfo
  • 95(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton)6