• 173(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
@3dbuff: that only works when that offset is constant, but offset seems to be drifting here. So after a seek offset is perfect but slowly starts to drift.

Feels like something (ie gpu driver) is reporting slightly different framerate back than it actually is.

As I could check so-far it is mainly mvc files, other files seem to play fine.

Doubt whether it is some sort of miscalculation due to framepack as it also happens for mvc streams converted back to tab.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Yes indeed Intel gpu. Will try latest drivers & latest kodi mvc build.

Another hint:
I have seen one movie where sync is OK when movie started from beginning. Stays OK until seek is performed, from then on drift occurs.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
(2017-03-23, 09:42)afedchin Wrote:
(2017-03-23, 09:21)kalima Wrote: for hardware accelaration with 3d, it's only Intel GPU and Nvidia gpu ?
Intel only.

Thank you, Kodi build MVC is compatible with HDR files when windows 10 creator update out (hdr support) ?

And thank you for your job, it's really apprecied. If you need tester for futur build with feedback : i'm here.
Philips 65OLED804 (4K HDR10+/Dolby Vision) / Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro with Kodi 20 Nexus Marven for DV / Onkyo TX-NR474 + Jamo 809 Pack 5.0 + Sub Jamo 912
(2017-03-22, 18:22)p750mmx Wrote:
(2017-03-19, 16:19)3DBuff Wrote:
(2017-03-16, 18:30)p750mmx Wrote: So just test setting 3840x2160@30Hz on Kaby Lake 1.4 port and watch CPU load when playing? I do that later today when the wife is out of the picture Wink
I'm really curious about this. Did you get a chance to test it? From your previous post: HDMI 2.0 3D interlaced really good picture but the same on 1.4 port stuttered frame and heavy CPU load. Can you just double check on second system.
Got some time today, so just tested this with above setting (with same Kodi build as before, not the last one).

No issues when playing thru HDMI 1.4 port on Kaby Lake system. Smooth playback, good 3D picture, very low CPU.

Thanks for testing this.
Here is summary of various test down to the important stuff that counts. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Using Kaby Lake you are getting very good picture 3D and low CPU interlaced mode on both ports HDMI 2.0 and 1.4.
On port 1.4 you could easily switch within Kodi to 3D Hardware (frame packing) or interlaced (3D upconverted to 4K by PC).
From your observation picture is better when interlaced mode is selected. This will apply only to 4K TV sets with passive glasses.
(2017-03-23, 13:57)3DBuff Wrote: Thanks for testing this.
Here is summary of various test down to the important stuff that counts. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Using Kaby Lake you are getting very good picture 3D and low CPU interlaced mode on both ports HDMI 2.0 and 1.4.
On port 1.4 you could easily switch within Kodi to 3D Hardware (frame packing) or interlaced (3D upconverted to 4K by PC).
From your observation picture is better when interlaced mode is selected. This will apply only to 4K TV sets with passive glasses.
That sums it up. Output with Interlaced setting is at least equal to hardware based setting on the 1.4 HDMI port, but I prefer the 4k resolution setting as standard for desktop and Kodi by using Displayport > HDMI 2.0a, it gives me the best "overall" picture with 3D and (4k) media.

I would like to point out that my experience is only based on the hardware in my footnote and this is not a "general" Kaby Lake NUC and TV setup.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2017-03-23, 03:14)3DBuff Wrote: Gentlemen, I don't know what is causing your lip sync issue but a quick fix is to adjust audio offset unless the delay is progressing. Just press letter "A" on the keyboard and you get access to audio offset. I use it all the time with headphones. My projector has long video processing time specially using frame interpolation causing image out of sync compared to audio.

This is very handy feature when you don't use HDMI receiver. Too bad PS3 doesn't have it. A lot of people is complaining abut latency when using Bluetooth headphones. All you really need is this "Audio Offset" to fix all lip sync problems Wink

Thank you for your reply but audio advance will not help in this instance. Audio sync starts off fine but slips further out of sync as time passes. It is not off by a set amount so cannot be corrected by advancing or retarding the audio. As audio sync is corrected when switching off and then on pass through and stays corrected whilst the progress bar is displayed this is not a hardware issue, rather Kodi seems to loose track of timing with progress bar removed from the screen. As a work around would it be possible to somehow have the progress bar stay active but hidden? Just a thought.
Just want to say thanks to @3DBuff and @pf750mmx. You guys gave me a great insight regarding 3D playback with Kodi.
Quick question.. I used to run @afedchin build side by side with a kodi nightly build, both saved in different areas. I ran into trouble one day with a beta skin and ended up having to wipe everything and start again. Currently I only have the stable RC1 build. My question, can I just install @afedchin build straight over the top with no issues (I'm thinking particularly with stored backups etc) or do I really need to have one or the other? Thanks!
Hi,

I just try the two builds on the first post (17 and 17.1 versions), when I start an ISO 3D, the playback starts, I have sound and the TV goes in 3D mode but I have no picture, I stay on the menu.
Do you have an idea?
I see nothing in the log. I have Windows 10 with an AMD R7 240 card. No problem with PowerDVD.

Thnaks for your help and for the work!
Intel only as stated in thread title. Can you provide more info about your HTPC? If it has integrated Intel HD graphics, MVC build may work with that.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Ok, I have a Pentium G620T so not enough to play 3D with it...
(2017-03-25, 11:52)chocco Wrote: Quick question.. I used to run @afedchin build side by side with a kodi nightly build, both saved in different areas. I ran into trouble one day with a beta skin and ended up having to wipe everything and start again. Currently I only have the stable RC1 build. My question, can I just install @afedchin build straight over the top with no issues (I'm thinking particularly with stored backups etc) or do I really need to have one or the other? Thanks!

The answer is yes.
Hello community,

I have a NUC DN2820FYKH. At least with the last two builds I have problems playing 3D ISO files, particulary if I try to play them in 2D (in 3D it's also visible, but far less noticeably).
In 2D, the file starts fine for a few seconds, than begins to stutter, than interupts, then the sound drops completely and the picture is more or less a very fast slideshow of photos.

The funny thing is, that if I press "o" to show the player process info, the same file playes fine and smooth.

Windows 10 and the Intel Graphic drivers are up to date.

I wouldn't swear on the bible, but I'm pretty sure, that 3D ISO files have played fine with a november release ...
This just my opinion and observation has kodi 17 progress the celeron chip seem to have trouble handling the demand. I have a I5 and i7 system which has no problem playing back files but the the dell 3050 celeron always has issue with lip sync stutter and overall poor performance. So if you have a build that works stay on it or upgrade your machine just my 2 cents could be wrong but check to see who is having the most problems not i3 and I5 system good luck.
Does anyone has an older (October/November 2016) build still available so I can give it a try?
  • 173(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10