• 20(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
Hey guys, a couple of questions (hope they haven't been already asked):

1) is there a way to show a real "in progress tv shows" hub widget , as i used to do with eminence in isengard? I mean, if for example i'm looking at E.R. 2x01 and i stop it, i'd like to resume it with a click on the widget. Or, if i just have finished that episode, i want to be able to go to 2x02 through the hub widget.

2) i'm getting a lot of delay when showing videos duration in HH:MM, and it's mostly annoying when it happens in the home. Is there a way to cache it or to disable it? By the way, what do those circlet icons at the bottom right of the widget tile mean?

Thanks
(2017-03-28, 15:55)golgoth Wrote: Hey guys, a couple of questions (hope they haven't been already asked):

1) is there a way to show a real "in progress tv shows" hub widget , as i used to do with eminence in isengard? I mean, if for example i'm looking at E.R. 2x01 and i stop it, i'd like to resume it with a click on the widget. Or, if i just have finished that episode, i want to be able to go to 2x02 through the hub widget.

2) i'm getting a lot of delay when showing videos duration in HH:MM, and it's mostly annoying when it happens in the home. Is there a way to cache it or to disable it? By the way, what do those circlet icons at the bottom right of the widget tile mean?

Thanks

1. The Hub widget capabilities are exactly the same as for the Home menu, so when selecting a Hub widget or individual Hub item widgets, you should be presented with identical choices as for the home widgets. Among those there's a widget, I believe it's called "Recommended episodes" (could be wrong) that does exactly what you're looking for. If I am wrong, one of the other Library widgets in the Episode category is definitely the one. The circles at the bottom of the widget represent the watched/unwatched/resume status of the focused item. There's a setting that switches them off, and also colour settings to customize the indicators a bit.

2. If you're experiencing delay, then you're probably using Skin Helper to convert the durations, which is the fall-back system the skin uses. The Skin Helper should automatically cache the values, precisely in order to improve the speed of retrieval, but for many users it simply doesn't do much. You can increase performance greatly by installing the "script.duration_axbmcuser". It has a buggy repo, so you can't install it automatically, but you can find the link for it in the add-on list in the OP. Once installed and Kodi is restarted, everything should automatically switch to using the add-on, so no additional tinkering is required. If that still doesn't help the performance, there's a setting in the skin that completely disables the HH:MM duration.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-03-28, 16:09)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-03-28, 15:55)golgoth Wrote: 2) i'm getting a lot of delay when showing videos duration in HH:MM, and it's mostly annoying when it happens in the home. Is there a way to cache it or to disable it? By the way, what do those circlet icons at the bottom right of the widget tile mean?

2. If you're experiencing delay, then you're probably using Skin Helper to convert the durations, which is the fall-back system the skin uses. The Skin Helper should automatically cache the values, precisely in order to improve the speed of retrieval, but for many users it simply doesn't do much. You can increase performance greatly by installing the "script.duration_axbmcuser". It has a buggy repo, so you can't install it automatically, but you can find the link for it in the add-on list in the OP. Once installed and Kodi is restarted, everything should automatically switch to using the add-on, so no additional tinkering is required. If that still doesn't help the performance, there's a setting in the skin that completely disables the HH:MM duration.

I also experience the delay when showing durations and I have both addons (skinhelper and duration_axbmcuser) installed. I doesn't bother me much ... but if we can squash a bug I'm in... Smile
1) Found it, thanks! Pardon me, but where is the option to remove the circles? I did find "Indicators: none" for the library, but what about the home widget?

2) Actually i already installed script.duration_axbmcuser, but i didn't notice any change. Again, i could remove HH:MM for the library, but I didn't find any option for the home widget. Probably i'm missing something Smile

Thanks for your help!
(2017-03-28, 16:14)GuRu23 Wrote: I also experience the delay when showing durations and I have both addons (skinhelper and duration_axbmcuser) installed. I doesn't bother me much ... but if we can squash a bug I'm in... Smile

(2017-03-28, 16:29)golgoth Wrote: 1) Found it, thanks! Pardon me, but where is the option to remove the circles? I did find "Indicators: none" for the library, but what about the home widget?

2) Actually i already installed script.duration_axbmcuser, but i didn't notice any change. Again, i could remove HH:MM for the library, but I didn't find any option for the home widget. Probably i'm missing something Smile

Thanks for your help!

The indicators for the widgets are located in the Widgets settings. Wink You can disable them there.

The difference in performance I'd mentioned goes for the library items durations. Hopefully, you fellas aren't experiencing delay troubles there?

The Widget HH:MM durations aren't part of the library duration set-up at all. They are meant to be refreshable and don't always retrieve the duration, simply because it's not present in all widget sources data. Simply put, some widgets are library-based, and can use the scraped value in minutes without any delay. In those cases the duration script should also work to convert them instantaneously. Other widgets, like Trending, In Cinemas, etc, that aren't library items can't use either, since there are no scraped values in the database.

The way the widgets are meant to be used and their potential means that I can't properly distinguish library and non-library content, since there are many types of relative paths. Whenever I tried to use the standard duration values, all durations simply ceased to display. The only thing that works for all types of widgets is the Skin Helper duration look-up. Sadly, whether the format is HH:MM or just minutes, it will always have delays. Caching seems to be problematic in the widgets, and it looks like it always retrieves the duration data from scratch. So at the moment, the widgets duration is fixed at what it is. Confused

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-03-28, 17:06)Alanon Wrote: The indicators for the widgets are located in the Widgets settings. Wink You can disable them there.

Mmh, these are my settings

But i still see this, even after reloading kodi

(2017-03-28, 17:20)golgoth Wrote: Mmh, these are my settings

A misunderstanding. Smile

When I said the indicators, I meant the watched/unwatched indicators (the little circles you mentioned). They can be disabled in the Widget settings but it's tied with the poster settings (I'll correct that soon).

At the moment, there is no way of disabling the Year / Duration / rating that's in the bottom. I'll add it in as soon as possible, then forward the new strings to the translators. When all is done, you'll be able to shut off just the duration. Wink

(2017-03-28, 17:06)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-03-28, 16:14)GuRu23 Wrote: I also experience the delay when showing durations and I have both addons (skinhelper and duration_axbmcuser) installed. I doesn't bother me much ... but if we can squash a bug I'm in... Smile

The difference in performance I'd mentioned goes for the library items durations. Hopefully, you fellas aren't experiencing delay troubles there?

The Widget HH:MM durations aren't part of the library duration set-up at all. They are meant to be refreshable and don't always retrieve the duration, simply because it's not present in all widget sources data. Simply put, some widgets are library-based, and can use the scraped value in minutes without any delay. In those cases the duration script should also work to convert them instantaneously. Other widgets, like Trending, In Cinemas, etc, that aren't library items can't use either, since there are no scraped values in the database.

The way the widgets are meant to be used and their potential means that I can't properly distinguish library and non-library content, since there are many types of relative paths. Whenever I tried to use the standard duration values, all durations simply ceased to display. The only thing that works for all types of widgets is the Skin Helper duration look-up. Sadly, whether the format is HH:MM or just minutes, it will always have delays. Caching seems to be problematic in the widgets, and it looks like it always retrieves the duration data from scratch. So at the moment, the widgets duration is fixed at what it is. Confused

Ok .. that explains a lot .. the delay is only visible on hubs and widgets .. within the library it works smoothly. Too bad it cannot be fixed ...

(2017-03-28, 14:06)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-03-27, 18:38)GuRu23 Wrote: Hey Alanon,

I did some research on my own regarding the WEB-DL icon showing on hubs. Turns out that line 456 in Includes_Furniture has to be changed to

Code:
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(furniture.showflags) + String.Contains(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,web)</visible>

and it works fine. Not sure whether the "Container(9500)" makes the difference here (or for any other indicator icon in this section)...

Also the visibility conditions for sdtv and hdtv in this section seem broken (all combined with + makes no sense) .. maybe you have a look yourself?

That shouldn't have been the issue, the container does house the images... Huh But as long as it fixes it, then it probably is. Anyway, I've removed the container entries from all the flags code, and simplified the sdtv hdtv code in turn. Hopefully, it should all work now. Please let me know, and thank you for sticking with this!

This works like a charm .. thanks for this!

Another question regarding indicators: would it be possible to show a fallback everytime no specific indicators of a type is shown? So, if no mediatype (or video codec, or audio codec, or...) can be evaluated it just shows a fallback indicator. This would reduce the horizontal swapping of the indicators when browsing through a list.

Also I would vote to move indicators for ranking and rating to the left of the list. My preferred indicator order would be (from left to right): ranking, classification, media type, aspect ratio, resolution, video codec, audio resolution, audio codec, duration, end time
(2017-03-28, 18:39)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-03-28, 17:20)golgoth Wrote: Mmh, these are my settings

A misunderstanding. Smile

When I said the indicators, I meant the watched/unwatched indicators (the little circles you mentioned). They can be disabled in the Widget settings but it's tied with the poster settings (I'll correct that soon).

At the moment, there is no way of disabling the Year / Duration / rating that's in the bottom. I'll add it in as soon as possible, then forward the new strings to the translators. When all is done, you'll be able to shut off just the duration. Wink

Understood, thank you very much for your kind help Smile
Hi alanon, I can not write private messages in the forum. I do not know why.
Here is the updated translation file.
A greeting.
sorry for my English.

Lenguage
Can the RightList view be added to the default view modes for Music Videos. It doesn't appear to be in the list at the moment.

Have your tried the RightList with the Image and DiscArt layout horizontal instead of vertical and the text box below rather than to the right. Would make the text box only a few lines deep but much wider and might look better when there isn't much text (Maybe this could become the Alternate View if you didn't want it to be the default)
(2017-03-28, 18:47)GuRu23 Wrote: Another question regarding indicators: would it be possible to show a fallback everytime no specific indicators of a type is shown? So, if no mediatype (or video codec, or audio codec, or...) can be evaluated it just shows a fallback indicator. This would reduce the horizontal swapping of the indicators when browsing through a list.

Also I would vote to move indicators for ranking and rating to the left of the list. My preferred indicator order would be (from left to right): ranking, classification, media type, aspect ratio, resolution, video codec, audio resolution, audio codec, duration, end time

I can add the fallback images easily, but many are simply not there. There are some solutions - for example, the "no audio" icon could be used for when audio is not yet detected. But for some things such as no codec or no resolution, new images would have to be fashioned, and that's gonna take some time, since I suck at such things.

As far as the order is concerned, I have no personal stake in that, since I always turn off the flags. So, whatever works for you guys?

(2017-03-28, 18:55)golgoth Wrote: Understood, thank you very much for your kind help Smile

No problem! Wink

(2017-03-28, 19:32)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-03-28, 18:47)GuRu23 Wrote: Another question regarding indicators: would it be possible to show a fallback everytime no specific indicators of a type is shown? So, if no mediatype (or video codec, or audio codec, or...) can be evaluated it just shows a fallback indicator. This would reduce the horizontal swapping of the indicators when browsing through a list.

I can add the fallback images easily, but many are simply not there. There are some solutions - for example, the "no audio" icon could be used for when audio is not yet detected. But for some things such as no codec or no resolution, new images would have to be fashioned, and that's gonna take some time, since I suck at such things.

As far as the order is concerned, I have no personal stake in that, since I always turn off the flags. So, whatever works for you guys?

when I look to media\indicator I see some fallback images for audio, channels, ratio, resolution.. this would be a good starting point.. I could provide whatever is missing..
(2017-03-28, 19:42)GuRu23 Wrote: when I look to media\indicator I see some fallback images for audio, channels, ratio, resolution.. this would be a good starting point.. I could provide whatever is missing..

Well then, we can get crackin'! Big Grin The missing images would need to be the size of their actual folder counterparts, and done in a clean white colour. That's about all the requirements I can think of. As far as the available fallbacks you see, which are those? I've looked round a bit myself, and didn't see anything that's readily applicable?

(2017-03-28, 19:02)reforo Wrote: Hi alanon, I can not write private messages in the forum. I do not know why.
Here is the updated translation file.
A greeting.
sorry for my English.

Lenguage

I think it has something to do with the number of posts... I've added your update, many thanks!

(2017-03-28, 19:17)cruachan Wrote: Can the RightList view be added to the default view modes for Music Videos. It doesn't appear to be in the list at the moment.

Have your tried the RightList with the Image and DiscArt layout horizontal instead of vertical and the text box below rather than to the right. Would make the text box only a few lines deep but much wider and might look better when there isn't much text (Maybe this could become the Alternate View if you didn't want it to be the default)

Sure, I'll give it a go! Currently, there's no content indicator for the music videos in the view itself, so I'll also have to check how the videos behave in RightList, and which configuration would be the most appropriate for it.

Hello Alanon !

Thank you very much one more time for the update of the movies RightList view Wink
To my mind, even when the plot text is rather short it looks still pretty. Anyways, most of the times the movie plot given by e.g. a TMDB scrape is long enough to fill the text box.

I found another problem today... After I added some new movies to my lib, I recognized that no extrafanart was loaded for those, although the images have been downloaded into the correct folder before. The skin showed me extrafanarts of another movie instead. Reloading the skin didn't help, nor did restarting Kodi.
Seems that extrafanart pictures aren't found for library items without a corresponding .nfo file in which these are defined.
Assuming that this is the reason, I will now export my whole library into separate files in order to solve this, because you cannot create .nfo files for the new movies only. Having to do that for the complete lib each time new content is added would be kind of annoying...
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21