• 87(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2017-03-29, 22:58)infinity85 Wrote:
(2017-03-29, 14:47)gurabli Wrote:
(2017-03-29, 13:40)wrxtasy Wrote: The Skip back Freeze issue is a known problem it seems, at least for 64bit LE releases.

Since I'm new to Odroid (it should arrive on Friday), which version should I use? The LE final 32bit (I would prefer Krypton).
I think that @Raybuntus and @wrxtasys (http://forum.odroid.com/viewforum.php?f=144) 32 bit releases are the better choice than official LibreELEC.

Raybuntu 32 bit krypton: Is afaik the most recent krypton (virtually official) version, which has always the most recent official patches from LibreELEC team. So it is mostly more up-to-date than the final from libreelec.tv

wrxtasy 32 bit mediabuild: Is at least the same up-to-date version as the official one from libreelec.tv and contains afaik some cherry picked patches by wrxtasy, so perhaps not completely the same as official libreelec stuff. But wrxtasy does not include patches without purpose, so it likely won't have negative effects compared to official version Wink
Additionaly - as the "media build" title implicates - there are backported DVB drivers inside, in case you want to connect a DVB tuner to the Odroid.

I'd say, currently you won't notice a huge difference between official 64bit, and Raybuntus 32bit or wrxtasys 32bit version. The older the official build gets without a new release, the more I'd look onto the community builds from wrxtasy and raybuntu.

Also... personally I prefer 32bit version, because all the raspberry pi (armhf) addons should work out of the box. These would spotify connect, and DRM things that rely on libwidevine (sky go, amazon video, netflix), as widevine is not possible on 64bit aarch64 builds. On the other hand there is no benefit using the 64bit version that I am aware of.
The other annoying thing that I reverted for the 32bit Media Build version is a random Audio Glitch when stopping video and navigating around the GUI that those with AVR's will notice regularly if using the 64bit version.

That one Audio issue really drove me nuts when watching TV that had channels with PCM and AC3 audio streams in them.

(2017-03-27, 13:33)maeda Wrote: @wrxtasy
Hi, i have a problem with hw acceleration on c2.
Files are local 720p avc, and this only manifest when i try to rewind/skip back a video, goes to 100% buffering and freezes, and i have to stop the playback.

Had a bit of a play with this and decided to increase the Video Cache Buffer, you could try copying this to a advancedsettings.xml file.
Then copy the file to the Userdata Folder once you SMB connect to LibreELEC:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<advancedsettings>

<samba>
  <clienttimeout>20</clienttimeout>
</samba>

<network>
  <buffermode>1</buffermode>
  <memorysize>139460608</memorysize>
  <readbufferfactor>20</readbufferfactor>
</network>

</advancedsettings>

(2017-03-29, 22:58)infinity85 Wrote: wrxtasy 32 bit mediabuild: Is at least the same up-to-date version as the official one from libreelec.tv and contains afaik some cherry picked patches by wrxtasy, so perhaps not completely the same as official libreelec stuff. But wrxtasy does not include patches without purpose, so it likely won't have negative effects compared to official version Wink
Additionaly - as the "media build" title implicates - there are backported DVB drivers inside, in case you want to connect a DVB tuner to the Odroid.

Many thanks. I will flash then wrxtasy's 32bit build to eMMC. I don't need mediabuild, as I have a separate server where all my tunners are connected, I just need the C2 for media playback over LAN (including Live TV). Are there any Krypton 17.1 builds available? if yes, could you send me the link, I think I see only the 17.0 versions.
Are there any downsides of using the mediabuild in case I don't need any tuner support? I guess not.

And I'm fully fine with 32 bit builds, I just need the most stable and reliable version that works really good.
@gurabli,
If you don't want to head down the 32bit route I will post up a 64bit LE 8.0.1 build here with bang up to date Kodi 17.1 & improved Nougat Kernel code very shortly. It's been pretty stable for all my TV viewing and has H264 decoder improvements in it.

(2017-03-30, 09:59)wrxtasy Wrote: @gurabli,
If you don't want to head down the 32bit route I will post up a 64bit LE 8.0.1 build here with bang up to date Kodi 17.1 & improved Nougat Kernel code very shortly. It's been pretty stable for all my TV viewing and has H264 decoder improvements in it.
Interesting! What is this nougat kernel? Sounds like android? I guess it is still v3.xx kernel? Can you point me to a thread/discussion about it? Is a 32bit version with this nougat thing coming, too?

Too many questions Big Grin

I read that many addons are not compatible with 64bit, and that there are no actual benefits of using the 64bit version. Meaning, I'm completely fine with the 32bit version, I just wanted the latest Kodi version and the most stable and "best" possible edition. I will not use h265 for some time, most important is h264 and mpeg2 live tv, and h264 mkv (720p and 1080p), and HD audio passthrough/PCM multi channel audio.
(2017-03-30, 10:05)infinity85 Wrote:
Interesting! What is this nougat kernel? Sounds like android? I guess it is still v3.xx kernel? Can you point me to a thread/discussion about it? Is a 32bit version with this nougat thing coming, too?

Too many questions Big Grin
Most parts of the Kernel Code we use for AMLogic Linux / LibreELEC are common with the AMLogic Android Kernel code.

We have actually been using a Linux-amlogic Marshmallow based Kernel for a while now with LibreELEC and just this week have been testing parts of the Nougat Kernel (aka Cherry Picking). It is still v3.14.

There are also a WIP Baylibre v4.1 Kernel and AMLogic v4.9 Kernels getting about those will get further testing as we move along. These will have great benefits for external Peripheral connectivity with AML S9xx Linux devices as we move forward.

Another 32bit Media Build - Nougat version is next on the list...

(2017-03-30, 10:13)gurabli Wrote:

I read that many addons are not compatible with 64bit, and that there are no actual benefits of using the 64bit version. Meaning, I'm completely fine with the 32bit version, I just wanted the latest Kodi version and the most stable and "best" possible edition. I will not use h265 for some time, most important is h264 and mpeg2 live tv, and h264 mkv (720p and 1080p), and HD audio passthrough/PCM multi channel audio.

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.0.1.Nougat.img.gz

Compatible with Official LE 64bit versions:

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.0.1.Nougat.tar

Question: with Odroid C2 and latest version of Libreelec. Is it possible to install chromium as a web-browser? if not, what are other alternatives? Thank you so much.
Hopefully they will deliver the C2 tomorrow and I will be able to test it. Very much looking forward to see how does the C2 performs, especially compared to Intel and even the Rpi2.

I think I will also have to use the 32 bit version if Spotify addon is not working on 64 bit. If I use the 64 bit version then I will loose most of the addons?

Sent from Tapatalk from my Z5 Compact
(2017-03-30, 20:59)gurabli Wrote: Hopefully they will deliver the C2 tomorrow and I will be able to test it. Very much looking forward to see how does the C2 performs, especially compared to Intel and even the Rpi2.

I think I will also have to use the 32 bit version if Spotify addon is not working on 64 bit. If I use the 64 bit version then I will loose most of the addons?

Sent from Tapatalk from my Z5 Compact
I'd say most of the addons have already been recompiled for the 64bit version, so actually you won't loose most of the addons.

THOUGH, addons that rely somehow on DRM (widevine: Amazon, Netflix, SkyGo and perhaps others) and addons that depend on closed source libs or so, like spotify connect addon, will likely never work on aarch64 builds. At least in case of spotify it is quite certain, unless spotify doesn't release something for their new API or so. But anyway... there is absolutely no reason to prefer the 64Bit version...

Using 32Bit version you just have to keep in mind, that you have to choose RPi2/3 addons instead of Odroid C2 addons. Because only the RPi2/3 ones will work on the Odroid 32bit libs builds.
(2017-03-30, 23:51)infinity85 Wrote: THOUGH, addons that rely somehow on DRM (widevine: Amazon, Netflix, SkyGo
These are still a WIP for Kodi Leia v18 - and will only be finalised if and when Kodi Leia gets released with DRM support. Provided the DRM streaming providers don't lock out use of such addons in the mean time.

You cannot use them with Kodi Krypton v17.
So that leaves 32bit Spotify.

@menell, No Chromium browser LibreELEC addon for AMLogic and RPi - ARM chipset based platforms. Intel only.
Alternatives, use a Tablet or PC/Mac.

@wrxtasy Just curious, how much closer are we to ironing out all the "creases" for the C2 builds? I'm a bleeding edge user, and am happy to go diving in head first (as I have), but I'm somewhat hesitant to recommend that friends go with the C2. Mostly due to little things, like the rewind freezing issues, the audio pops/clicks, the very occasional random system crash/freeze.

Only reason I'm setting anyone up with these now is due to the wonderful HEVC decoding support, and sub $100 price tag. Else, I'm putting them onto Pi3's.
Not sure if Audio Clicks and Pops will get resolved in official 64bit AML LE releases to be honest. LE and now Kodi project coding politics has gotten involved and the original AML audio developer will have to sort it out.

Luckily community builds like mine can bypass all that, so anything I release will have problematic Audio reverted.
Raybuntu's releases still had the buggy Audio code in them last time I looked.

I could not get skip back freezing to show itself after playing with advancedsettings.xml yesterday on the Nougat release. See one of the posts above.

(2017-03-31, 06:51)wrxtasy Wrote: Not sure if Audio Clicks and Pops will get resolved in official 64bit AML LE releases to be honest. LE and now Kodi project coding politics has gotten involved and the original AML audio developer will have to sort it out.

Politics Sad

Bit of a shame - I feel like support may end sooner rather than later on the official fork. Maybe the RPi 4/5 will natively support HEVC, gigabit ethernet one day. Doubt it, but hopeful Smile
  • 87(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610