no maintenance anymore?
On older versions of kodi I had a maintenance tool, which cleared the cache and deleted thumbnails, but now, in libreelec 8 on my pi3 I noticed that tool fails to load. I presume that it's not supported in live 8.0 as I tried uninstalling / reinstalling updating etc.

I need this tool because YouTube for example isn't updating thumbnails if a channel changes it's avatar. I figured out the only way to refresh them was to delete the thumbnail folder in kodi then restart ; even YouTube maintenance tool; clear cache etc, won't refresh thumbnails.

Also I want to be able to make sure my kodi is tweaked optimally for the pi3. Is there no longer a tool for all of the above?
That is a 3rd party addon.
(2017-03-31, 13:33)redkoatz Wrote: I figured out the only way to refresh them was to delete the thumbnail folder in kodi then restart ; even YouTube maintenance tool; clear cache etc, won't refresh thumbnails.

Never manually delete the Thumbnails folder without also deleting Textures13.db, otherwise you will have a database still pointing to missing thumbnails.
Ok,textures 13 db. Where is that located?

What's the name of the 3rd party addon
Given your other post about banned addons (wiki), I would safely suggest that you've been using a wizard or third-party build that includes the maintenance stuff as well as the usual piracy stuff. Not here, please.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
(2017-03-31, 20:21)Prof Yaffle Wrote: Given your other post about banned addons (wiki), I would safely suggest that you've been using a wizard or third-party build that includes the maintenance stuff as well as the usual piracy stuff. Not here, please.

What's the one got to do with the other?,nothing I'm,looking for a general maintainance add-on. Don't try to be a smart ass
If you just took 30 seconds to search, couple of posts below your question....

307919 (thread)
(2017-04-02, 00:00)redkoatz Wrote:
(2017-03-31, 20:21)Prof Yaffle Wrote: Given your other post about banned addons (wiki), I would safely suggest that you've been using a wizard or third-party build that includes the maintenance stuff as well as the usual piracy stuff. Not here, please.

What's the one got to do with the other?,nothing I'm,looking for a general maintainance add-on. Don't try to be a smart ass
There IS no general maintenance addon other than from banned repos so don't ask again. Clear?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-04-02, 00:11)nickr Wrote:
(2017-04-02, 00:00)redkoatz Wrote:

There IS no general maintenance addon other than from banned repos so don't ask again. Clear?

No. And I just got that dudes anyway
If what I said is unclear you may need a break from the forum. Up to you.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
What's KCleaner (post #7) if not a general maintenance addon?

That's where his confusion arises / why it's unclear.
(2017-04-02, 00:46)trogggy Wrote: What's KCleaner if not a general maintenance addon?

That's where his confusion arises / why it's unclear.

Be careful that's a politically incorrect question
I dunno what kcleaner is. It's not in the official repo.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
(2017-04-02, 00:50)nickr Wrote: I dunno what kcleaner is. It's not in the official repo.

Sent from my Nexus 6P (typie typie)
It's linked to in post #7.
So, let's be very clear...

Kodi comes with no maintenance tool. If one was installed, you're using a build, and we don't support those.

You have previously had a post binned for using banned addons. So that supports that view.

There is KCleaner, which is not in the repository, and not installed by default, and you may find other utilities on this forum. Those are okay, but, again, not installed by default and at your own risk.

So, follow up the link, and see. Or search some more, or perhaps take a recommendation. But there is no "maintenance utility" that anyone can give you as something that was, but isn't any more - it's purely whatever you had installed, however you did it.

Oh, and please remember the forum rules (wiki), specifically about conduct. You've been a member long enough to know better.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no maintenance anymore?0