• 22(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
(2017-03-30, 16:06)Alanon Wrote: At the moment there is no such option. The only available options are the ones you can see listed in the selector. I'll try add it in for the next batch of updates..

great, thank you!!!
(2017-03-29, 09:36)deadlock Wrote: The title in the blue is actually the label by which the clearlogo is downloaded. The film title along with the plot is determined by the scraper settings. The widgets and titles in the views only display what is scraped. I think that Kodi replaces the labels meant to scrape fanart.tv to the other language. I don't know if they can be forced to display as the title, since all the code used in the Big Wide ClearArt view is ListItem.Label. Perhaps try to replace them with Listitem.Title?

Hi, thank you. After some hours try to find and replace, I was see it (Viewtype_Wide.xml):

- For blue:
Code:
<label>[B]$INFO[ListItem.Label][/B]</label>

- For green + content:
Code:
<label>$VAR[Label_OverlayPlot]</label>
(it is not only the title, include the conten + title)

I want the Spotlight in the Homepage show this one:
Code:

I see the code of the Spotlight here (Includes_Label.xml):

Code:
<value condition="!Container(9001).IsUpdating">$INFO[Container(9001).ListItem.Plot]$INFO[Container(9001).ListItem.Property(Album_Description)]$INFO[Container(9001).ListItem.Property(Addon.Description)]</value>

But I don't know how to replace
Code:
$INFO[Container(9001).ListItem.Plot]
by
Code:

They are different. So hard to edit them same as what I want, should give up! Tongue
The overlay plot uses Skin Helper to retrieve some of its info, but only for movie sets. That's the only case in which plot and title will be together. It's used only in the overlay info feature of the skin, nowhere else, and certainly not in the views. Normally, it's "Label_Plot" the skin uses. This variable also has nothing to do with the titles.

In Kodi, plot is only plot, it doesn't include the item's title. "Label_HomeWidget_Label" is what controls the widget labels, so you can go there and try replacing the code from

Code:
$INFO[Container(9001).ListItem.Label]

to

Code:
$INFO[Container(9001).ListItem.Title]

And see if it works.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Hello Alanon,

Loving the skin learning as I go along but have one issue and am not sure what, if anything I am doing wrong. Having learnt how to create my own icons & saving them in the icon folder to use each time there is an update these icons are deleted. Am I saving them in the right place ?

Thanks in advance
(2017-03-30, 20:35)Ricardo66 Wrote: Hello Alanon,

Loving the skin learning as I go along but have one issue and am not sure what, if anything I am doing wrong. Having learnt how to create my own icons & saving them in the icon folder to use each time there is an update these icons are deleted. Am I saving them in the right place ?

Thanks in advance

Every time the skin updates it will overwrite everything inside the old folders, that's how the repo updates work. The solution is to download the latest zips manually (from the skin archive), and unzip them manually as well. That will keep your files in place.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-03-30, 19:10)Alanon Wrote: The overlay plot uses Skin Helper to retrieve some of its info, but only for movie sets. That's the only case in which plot and title will be together. It's used only in the overlay info feature of the skin, nowhere else, and certainly not in the views. Normally, it's "Label_Plot" the skin uses. This variable also has nothing to do with the titles.

In Kodi, plot is only plot, it doesn't include the item's title. "Label_HomeWidget_Label" is what controls the widget labels, so you can go there and try replacing the code from

Code:
$INFO[Container(9001).ListItem.Label]

to

Code:
$INFO[Container(9001).ListItem.Title]

And see if it works.

Thank you Smile I was try to replace it:

Code:
<variable name="Label_HomeWidget_Label">
        <value condition="Container(9001).IsUpdating">$LOCALIZE[31090]...</value>
        <value condition="[StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(widget),Weather) | [IsEmpty(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(widget)) + StringCompare(Skin.String(home.fallbackwidget),Weather)]] + !IsEmpty(Skin.String(weather.fanart.path))">$INFO[Weather.Temperature,,  ]$INFO[Weather.Conditions]</value>
        <value>$INFO[Container(9001).ListItem.Property(NextNumber),,. ]$INFO[Container(9001).ListItem.Label]</value>
</variable>

to

Code:
<variable name="Label_HomeWidget_Label">
        <value condition="Container(9001).IsUpdating">$LOCALIZE[31090]...</value>
        <value condition="[StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(widget),Weather) | [IsEmpty(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(widget)) + StringCompare(Skin.String(home.fallbackwidget),Weather)]] + !IsEmpty(Skin.String(weather.fanart.path))">$INFO[Weather.Temperature,,  ]$INFO[Weather.Conditions]</value>
        <value>$INFO[Container(9001).ListItem.Property(NextNumber),,. ]$INFO[Container(9001).ListItem.Title]</value>
    </variable>

I'm very happy when you always try to help me, but may be something can not edit like what I want, thank you very much!
I'd like to add a few minor feature requests for this very nice MOD of an already beautiful skin:

1.) Option to disable/hide the spinning CD (Music OSD)
2.) Change the order in which title information is displayed (Music OSD). Now it's Artist (very big and bold) - Album (blue and italic) - Title. If it was possible to have an option for Title (big and bold) - Artist (blue) - Album that would be perfect.
3.) A way to display additional information (album info, artist bio) from 'Artist Slideshow' add-on.
4.) With the original skin there was an option to display a transparent gradient below the Home Header to make it easier to read on bright backgrounds. I thought that was a useful feature.

Thank you for sharing your work with us!!!
Widget reloading is really doing a number on Linux (system grinds to a halt). Unsure what it is like on other systems as I only use Kodi in Linux and LibreELEC. This wasn't always the case but can't remember what version this started to happen (it might even be a bug in Kodi for Linux and has nothing to do with the skin).

EDIT#

Also not a big fan of how the hub images load. They used to load instantly. Now you get a blank screen for about half a seconded while the image loads. This is probably done for performance, but if anything it makes the hub slower as it seems to only get one image at a time. If you don't want it to download the hub images in batches you might be able to make it grab the next 2 or 3 images so it doesn't keep starting with a blank hub when it scrolls.

Would also be nice if the hub widgets also reload as I have content in them that does update. I normally have a few item menus in the hub so I can switch between them to force the hub to reload. That doesn't seem to work any more.
(2017-03-31, 00:08)Alanon Wrote:

Thanks in advance

Every time the skin updates it will overwrite everything inside the old folders, that's how the repo updates work. The solution is to download the latest zips manually (from the skin archive), and unzip them manually as well. That will keep your files in place.

Or just save the icons the userdata folder
(2017-03-31, 18:44)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2017-03-31, 00:08)Alanon Wrote:

Thanks in advance

(2017-04-01, 23:20)Ricardo66 Wrote:
(2017-03-31, 18:44)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2017-03-31, 00:08)Alanon Wrote: Every time the skin updates it will overwrite everything inside the old folders, that's how the repo updates work. The solution is to download the latest zips manually (from the skin archive), and unzip them manually as well. That will keep your files in place.

Many thanks for both answers.

How do I access the userdata folder as I can't seem to find that option when trying to change the icon.

Thanks again.
(2017-04-01, 23:27)Ricardo66 Wrote:
(2017-04-01, 23:20)Ricardo66 Wrote:
(2017-03-31, 18:44)jdig4240 Wrote: Or just save the icons the userdata folder

Many thanks for both answers.

How do I access the userdata folder as I can't seem to find that option when trying to change the icon.

Thanks again.

Im currently using Win10... You have to make sure that you have access to hidden files and folders.You'll find what you need here: Control Panel/Appearance and Personalization/ View Tab. Once that is handled, you can access the userdata folder here... C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.eminence.2.mod.krypton\extras\icons

If you arent on Windows, sorry I wasnt any help.
Welcome back everybody. I'm glad we are up and running. Can anyone assist me?

1.Wasn't there an option for a background image overlay on the main home screen? If there wasn't, is there a way to do this?

2.How can I leave the Header text and Home Tile text blank? It always reverts to "Home" and "Media Center" if I leave it blank.

Thanks. M
hello love this skin ... on mane menu i just use text labels ( no icons ) ... is there a way to make the font bigger for this view ....... also would love to see a vertical home menu ... but bigger font would do thank you
(2017-03-31, 09:51)xbmosx Wrote: I'd like to add a few minor feature requests for this very nice MOD of an already beautiful skin:

1.) Option to disable/hide the spinning CD (Music OSD)
2.) Change the order in which title information is displayed (Music OSD). Now it's Artist (very big and bold) - Album (blue and italic) - Title. If it was possible to have an option for Title (big and bold) - Artist (blue) - Album that would be perfect.
3.) A way to display additional information (album info, artist bio) from 'Artist Slideshow' add-on.
4.) With the original skin there was an option to display a transparent gradient below the Home Header to make it easier to read on bright backgrounds. I thought that was a useful feature.

Thank you for sharing your work with us!!!

1. I'll probably add it in soon enough.
2. I can't move the entries, because the Artist uses the Artist Logo if available, so it has to stay on top and be the largest.
3. I'll need more info as to what you mean?
4. That still exists, it's a skin setting called Dim Home. Wink

(2017-03-31, 17:40)pinguy Wrote: Widget reloading is really doing a number on Linux (system grinds to a halt). Unsure what it is like on other systems as I only use Kodi in Linux and LibreELEC. This wasn't always the case but can't remember what version this started to happen (it might even be a bug in Kodi for Linux and has nothing to do with the skin).

EDIT#

Also not a big fan of how the hub images load. They used to load instantly. Now you get a blank screen for about half a seconded while the image loads. This is probably done for performance, but if anything it makes the hub slower as it seems to only get one image at a time. If you don't want it to download the hub images in batches you might be able to make it grab the next 2 or 3 images so it doesn't keep starting with a blank hub when it scrolls.

Would also be nice if the hub widgets also reload as I have content in them that does update. I normally have a few item menus in the hub so I can switch between them to force the hub to reload. That doesn't seem to work any more.

I did a rework of the Hub widgets in order to boost performance, this is probably a consequence of that. Really, the widgets should now work as any widget in Kodi. In order for the widgets to actually be faster, they all have to be loaded and kept in memory. This is achieved by giving every hub widget its own identifier. Previously, they all occupied the same space, which caused the reloads, and really wasn't the proper way of making widgets. The new implementation causes slightly longer load times, but only for the very first time you open the Hub. The whole point of the affair is that after the initial load, all other switches between the widgets ought to be instant, just like in the Home menu. That's the main benefit of the whole overhaul. I don't understand why Linux seems to have so much problems with such Kodi operations.

As far as widgets updating, there is already a hard-coded cycle of (I think) four hours that performs these updates. Generally speaking, aside from reloading the skin (that also reloads the widgets), there's no other way of forcing widgets to update before that cycle is complete. It's just the way Kodi was built. I presume that I can unload the widgets when you leave the hub. That should force a reload when you re-enter, and update your stuff. However, that will dampen the performance achieved with the new code.

In my experience, the images all load instantly as before, regardless of the widgets? The widgets, if set, take a few seconds to load on my old PC, and during that time there is a blank space instead of the widget content, but if I switch to a menu item with an image, it loads instantly. I can fill this blank widget space with one of the fall-back images, to stay until the widget loads. Though, if the images aren't loading for you, then it wouldn't make a difference. The only occasion in which nothing works is when my PC has low free memory even before starting Kodi. In that case, no widgets will load, since that's the price paid for the good performance everywhere else. Usually, restarting the computer and then Kodi will fix this.

• 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21