• 16(current)
Win FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement
Hello
My box is a Thermaltake 202H. But when I install the program FIGUER-UI is installed in front of FrontView+. If I uninstall FINGUER-UI I lose the tactile. Any solution?
(2017-03-08, 08:12)jorch2 Wrote: Hello
My box is a Thermaltake 202H. But when I install the program FIGUER-UI is installed in front of FrontView+. If I uninstall FINGUER-UI I lose the tactile. Any solution?

Presumably need the drivers without the software. Can't you just leave it installed (and the drivers) but not run the software?

Somewhat dependant on your hardware - because obviously the issue is how to get touch without running finger-UI.

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone
In the Cd only meeting the software of instalation of FINGER-UI. If give it up the finger-ui sofware i lose the tactil .
I tried to find out the reason for my mentioned problem. As i said, sometimes frontview doesnt display anything after resuming a movie. To be more specific frontview somtimes looks like that:

First i thought it only happens sometimes when resuming a movie. But after some trying i found out that this problem also sometimes occours when i start a already partially watched movie from the beginning. But the problem doesnt follow a logical order. Sometimes it occours, sometimes not...[/php]

A little bit more trying i found out that sometimes, when i try to resume a movie, the movie starts from the beginning. Or the other way round: when i'm starting a movie from the beginning, it resumes at the last watched position. The frontview problem only occours after the mentioned resume/play from beginning problem. So i think the problem isnt wihtin frontview, i think its in kodi (i m using krypton 17.1 rc1 with the plexkodiconnect addon).

Just wanted to keep you informed...

Btw: is the watchdog addon still necessary to use frontview?
(2017-03-08, 22:12)jorch2 Wrote: In the Cd only meeting the software of instalation of FINGER-UI. If give it up the finger-ui sofware i lose the tactil .
I'm afraid thats up to you - as obviously your screen not having touch support in any software or windows isn't really a Frontview problem.
Glenn
(2017-03-09, 00:55)Momo90 Wrote: I tried to find out the reason for my mentioned problem. As i said, sometimes frontview doesnt display anything after resuming a movie. To be more specific frontview somtimes looks like that:

First i thought it only happens sometimes when resuming a movie. But after some trying i found out that this problem also sometimes occours when i start a already partially watched movie from the beginning. But the problem doesnt follow a logical order. Sometimes it occours, sometimes not...[/php]

A little bit more trying i found out that sometimes, when i try to resume a movie, the movie starts from the beginning. Or the other way round: when i'm starting a movie from the beginning, it resumes at the last watched position. The frontview problem only occours after the mentioned resume/play from beginning problem. So i think the problem isnt wihtin frontview, i think its in kodi (i m using krypton 17.1 rc1 with the plexkodiconnect addon).

Just wanted to keep you informed...

Btw: is the watchdog addon still necessary to use frontview?

Thanks for info

1st off - No Watchdog - has never been needed - although I can see why you may have thought that - one of the manual images has it selected - although the text says Enable FrontView Kodi addon.
One other has made that mistake!

Happy to have a look at first issue - regardless of cause - just need debug/trace log of the issue.

Cheers

Glenn
Frontview is driving me crazy.. After reinstalling my Windows on a new SSD, I'm not able to get frontview fullscreen on my 7" touchscreen anymore.. The screen is way to big, and what ever I change to the settings, like resolution etc, it doesn't matter.. The resolution of the screen is 1024 X 768. And this is also the resolution that is configured in Frontview.

Can you please help me??
Again, thanks for this great piece of software. I'm having a bit of an issue which is very frustrating: Whenever I move the mouse over FrontView+ so I can change the settings, it hides the cursor! As such I cannot change anything. Also, the reason for the change is that it doesn't seem to be dimming even though I have it set to dim at 0.3 after 5 seconds. It didn't used to be an issue but I now have an HDR TV and it gets nice and dark in the dark scenes so I need to reduce the brightness of FrontView+ now
(2017-03-25, 23:25)powermarcel10 Wrote: Frontview is driving me crazy.. After reinstalling my Windows on a new SSD, I'm not able to get frontview fullscreen on my 7" touchscreen anymore.. The screen is way to big, and what ever I change to the settings, like resolution etc, it doesn't matter.. The resolution of the screen is 1024 X 768. And this is also the resolution that is configured in Frontview.

Can you please help me??

Hi Sorry must have missed this

Sounds very much like a windows dpi issue. Need the Frontview monitor to have dpi of 100% or 1. Essentially asking Windows to perform no scaling on it.

Earlier posts describing - with some links - which I dig up when can - but need to set windows dpi to 1 for best compatibility (different versions of windows have different ways to do the same)

For Windows 10
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2953978/d...setup.html

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-03-28, 13:13)allanmb Wrote: Again, thanks for this great piece of software. I'm having a bit of an issue which is very frustrating: Whenever I move the mouse over FrontView+ so I can change the settings, it hides the cursor! As such I cannot change anything. Also, the reason for the change is that it doesn't seem to be dimming even though I have it set to dim at 0.3 after 5 seconds. It didn't used to be an issue but I now have an HDR TV and it gets nice and dark in the dark scenes so I need to reduce the brightness of FrontView+ now

Hi
Thanks for feedback

There is a Mousemode setting to hide mouse which you can unclick (if touch screen) or edit in settings.xml file

The dim of 0.3 is amount of dim applied - so that is not much - would test with larger amount and see whether functioning
(Doesn't dim if audio muted or paused) (which has caught me out a few times when testing)

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-03-29, 07:28)GlennNZ Wrote:
(2017-03-25, 23:25)powermarcel10 Wrote: Frontview is driving me crazy.. After reinstalling my Windows on a new SSD, I'm not able to get frontview fullscreen on my 7" touchscreen anymore.. The screen is way to big, and what ever I change to the settings, like resolution etc, it doesn't matter.. The resolution of the screen is 1024 X 768. And this is also the resolution that is configured in Frontview.

Can you please help me??

Sounds very much like a windows dpi issue. Need the Frontview monitor to have dpi of 100% or 1. Essentially asking Windows to perform no scaling on it.

Earlier posts describing - with some links - which I dig up when can - but need to set windows dpi to 1 for best compatibility (different versions of windows have different ways to do the same)

For Windows 10

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)
Thanks for your reply. I have played around already with the dpi settings, but it does not solve the problem. The monitor that runs frontview is a 7" touchscreen on my case with a resolution of 1024 x 768 and the scaling is 100%. I'm also having a 4k display with scales 150% and a full HD TV (also 100%).

Any other suggestions?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5 met Tapatalk
(2017-03-29, 22:59)powermarcel10 Wrote:
(2017-03-29, 07:28)GlennNZ Wrote:

Can you please help me??

For Windows 10

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)
Thanks for your reply. I have played around already with the dpi settings, but it does not solve the problem. The monitor that runs frontview is a 7" touchscreen on my case with a resolution of 1024 x 768 and the scaling is 100%. I'm also having a 4k display with scales 150% and a full HD TV (also 100%).

Any other suggestions?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5 met Tapatalk

Probably need debug/trace log and/or start with photos as not completely sure what you mean.

And meanwhile try selecting/unselecting "force screen resolution"

Glenn
Hello,

I dont have a PC case with a built in 2nd LCD screen. My primary LCD for viewing the content is a 52" Samsung Smart TV. My setup is as follows :

Dell Studio Hybrid 140G
Intel C2D T9600
4 GB RAM
256 Gb SSD,
BroadCom CrystalHD MiniPCIE decoder.
Windows 7 32-Bit Professional
Kodi 16.1 Jarvis.

Can someone guide what could be a working model to have a second LCD screen to be able to use FrontView. Does this screen needs to be a fully functional LCD (Like a TV or a Monitor) or a basic USB LCD like (http://www.lcdmodkit.com/lcd/U204GMB-B1.html) or (http://www.goverlay.com/content/lcdsysinfo/) can work as well.

On the first post I can see all the features of the FrontView with the change logs, but there is no installation and setup guide, can someone share that information as well.

Appreciate your responses.

Thanks.
(2017-04-02, 12:46)HyperEscape Wrote: Hello,

I dont have a PC case with a built in 2nd LCD screen. My primary LCD for viewing the content is a 52" Samsung Smart TV. My setup is as follows :

Dell Studio Hybrid 140G
Intel C2D T9600
4 GB RAM
256 Gb SSD,
Kodi 16.1 Jarvis.

Can someone guide what could be a working model to have a second LCD screen to be able to use FrontView. Does this screen needs to be a fully functional LCD (Like a TV or a Monitor) or a basic USB LCD like (http://www.lcdmodkit.com/lcd/U204GMB-B1.html) or (http://www.goverlay.com/content/lcdsysinfo/) can work as well.

On the first post I can see all the features of the FrontView with the change logs, but there is no installation and setup guide, can someone share that information as well.

Thanks.

Yes the 2nd screen needs to be a fully functional LCD screen or monitor with optional touch if wish to control/press buttons on it.
On the first page or with the install there is a manual that includes the installation and setup guide.

If there are specific questions when get to install stage feel free to ask.

Glenn
(2017-04-02, 12:48)GlennNZ Wrote:
(2017-04-02, 12:46)HyperEscape Wrote: Hello,

Dell Studio Hybrid 140G
Intel C2D T9600
4 GB RAM
256 Gb SSD,
Kodi 16.1 Jarvis.

Thanks.

Yes the 2nd screen needs to be a fully functional LCD screen or monitor with optional touch if wish to control/press buttons on it.
On the first page or with the install there is a manual that includes the installation and setup guide.

If there are specific questions when get to install stage feel free to ask.

Glenn

Thanks for the reply and clarification.

I understand from the context that a second monitor needs to be connected to the same PC via available display ports. For example the PC i have has HDMI and DVI outputs, so the main TV is connected via HDMI and a second LCD needs to be connected via DVI at the same time to use Front View.

Can you share some examples for a small touch screen LCD monitor with DVI input, so I can start searching for it.

Thanks.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement3