New website design
New site looks pretty good/modern

scott s.
(2017-04-01, 22:21)Kib Wrote: Read more about it here:

https://kodi.tv/article/we-have-new-website

@Kib great work on the site...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Hardly mine! Many people did much more on it than me.
Whoever was involved, it looks great.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for the kind words!
I really like the fresh look. Cheers!
The new website looks fantastic. Well done on the redesign.
The site look fantastic! Amazing attention to detail everywhere from visual transitions to clean HTML.

I'd love to know more about the development and technical details. So far we've got Drupal 8, from the post, and I can see jQuery in the source but what about CSS and build tools? Did you use any libraries or other frameworks and is the site available on github? I'd also like to know more about the transition from WP to Drupal and the challenges that might have come from it.

Congrats on nailing the design, content and speed which amounts to a great ux.
The first part of the homepage is so dark and dull. Kodi has always been the exact opposite for me. Removing the dark layer would enhance the experience drastically.
I usually don't have a problem installing koi but with this new web page design I am unable to choose the android logo or any other loge for that matter. It used to be so easy to add it only using my firestick, is there anyway to resolve this issue?
(2017-04-02, 19:54)saint710 Wrote: I usually don't have a problem installing koi but with this new web page design I am unable to choose the android logo or any other loge for that matter. It used to be so easy to add it only using my firestick, is there anyway to resolve this issue?

mentioned a few times before in this thread: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/
Thanks. I tried that link but once I get to the page where the different releases are available it allows me to highlight kodi 17 but when I click nothing happens
So I used the "mirrors" method and it did allow me to download kodi 17 but once it was fully installed it won't open. The new kodi screen shows up and it say preparing for first run and the the screen goes black and kodi closes
Stop posting unrelated stuff in this thread
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-04-02, 14:27)flammon Wrote: The site look fantastic! Amazing attention to detail everywhere from visual transitions to clean HTML.

I'd love to know more about the development and technical details. So far we've got Drupal 8, from the post, and I can see jQuery in the source but what about CSS and build tools? Did you use any libraries or other frameworks and is the site available on github? I'd also like to know more about the transition from WP to Drupal and the challenges that might have come from it.

Congrats on nailing the design, content and speed which amounts to a great ux.

Glad you like the site, it is actually Drupal 7 as it was started before we had a stable Drupal 8 available. I put a lot of thought into the design and UX before the build commenced so good to hear that is appreciated Smile. The general structure is built using common Drupal contrib modules like panels, display suite and context. The theme started of with a blank omega starterkit then the bespoke design applied. CSS is built via SASS/Compass and tried to use SMACCS wherever possible. Only used a couple of JS libraries (slick and magnific) and that was all tied together with some custom JS. Database and configuration updates are managed using features.

There is some custom modules I created to do some more specific things like the addon importer (which uses drupal migrate) and the donation form + donor wall. A migration script was also written to import all the old articles from WP which wasn't overly difficult, In general it was a fairly smooth transition.

The source for the whole site isn't publicly available (for reasons) but we might release the theme at some point.
Author of Chorus

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New website design1