Win upgrade from kodi 16.1 to 17.1 and it crashes
HI!!

I'm running on windows 7 32 bits. I've been running kodi 16.1 for a while. Today i've decided to upgrade to 17.1. Once done, kodi was not starting! So i've deleted addons27, as suggested in other post. It worked, but like for 5-10 seconds! 17.1 kept on crashing non stop! Even after restarting my pc, the problem kept on going. Now i've went back to 16.1, but all of a sudden, i cant acces some of kodi setting, like chaging video ratio and all!!!!!

And by the looks of all the post, 17.1 seems to have a lot of not starting issues and or crashing issues on start up! But, and this is not to downgrade the programmers job, nothing seems to be getting fixed? Has anyone really got any clues how to fix this?

Oh and i'm really not a pc wise! So getting the crash log you be a pain in the arse for me!!!

But thank you in advance for those who are goig to take the time and try and help me out!
Addons27.db is a common issue, but other than that one there's very little that happens commonly. Usually crashing issues are down to either video/audio drivers or dodgy third party party addons, none of which the kodi developers can fix.

As far as helping you specifically goes, we would need a debug log and more detail, eg. Error message etc.
ok. can you explain to me like in baby steps what to do? please?
i could add some more! but i think this is more than enough!!!
Hey guys I've been trying for about 2 1/2 hours with no luck. I just installed and deleted Kodi 17.1 about ten times and restarted my Windows 10 computer. It will not open. I cannot find the addon27 that everyone has been talking about. I am not very computer smart when it comes to this so if you could explain in grandma terms that would be helpfulSmile TIA
Post a Debug log (wiki).
(2017-04-05, 19:17)luc1275 Wrote: i could add some more! but i think this is more than enough!!!
Please don't post logs (wiki) in the forum, use a public pastebin like "pastebin.com" and link that URL back to this thread. Your snippets' are now located here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=311490 for the future ensure your log is complete and unbroken (no edits)
(2017-04-05, 19:20)bmosca92989 Wrote: Hey guys I've been trying for about 2 1/2 hours with no luck. I just installed and deleted Kodi 17.1 about ten times and restarted my Windows 10 computer. It will not open. I cannot find the addon27 that everyone has been talking about. I am not very computer smart when it comes to this so if you could explain in grandma terms that would be helpfulSmile TIA
Grandma would be proud if you checked out Userdata (wiki) to find the place your userdata folder lived in your operating system and located the "Database" folder and deleted the file "Addons27.db" within and tried to launch Kodi.

But image her surprise when you took the initiative to visit Log file/Advanced (wiki) and roll the page down until your reached the heading 1.2 Turn on debugging using a file (advancedsettings.xml) and in a common text editor using cut & paste techniques that you so skillfully learned in a literacy class created a file called advancedsettings.xml and put the contents of this code

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <loglevel>2</loglevel> <!-- Change this to "1" to hide the on-screen debug log text -->
</advancedsettings>

inside that very file and copied it to that very same userdata folder.... Then you tried to start Kodi again!.

Grandpa on hearing that you discovered that a log file was created in Log file/Advanced (wiki) 3.1 Location, and using that high skill of cut&paste; copied that log file to your clip board and using incredible initiative, visited www.pastebin.com and copied your clip board to the place it says 'paste' and then posted. Noting the URL at the top so your could use your skill once more to copy it and paste it into this thread with a message that you are so proud. Grandma now offers to bake you a apple pie after you launch Kodi!

Alas Grandpa murmured, he hijacked a thread.. not his own post.... make it a cherry pie.
Hello. I have problem too regarding the upgrade...
I have upgraded Kodi 16.1 to 17.1 on a windows 10 pc and now it seems that it crushes immediately as I double click it ,for a few seconds the mouse pointer shows the circle that it is loading but then nothing happens. I upgraded Kodi 16.1 to 17.0 on another pc running windows 7 just to check what will happen and got the same results. Kodi doesn't start at all !! 16.1 worked with no problems so far.
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but with no luck ! Even tried other releases , it doesnt start at all !
Any suggestions?
@bill.79

Seems to be a pie day for everyone... Check out message #8 and see if you can get a pie from the pie truck before it leaves.
Apologies, but I'm unable to find "addons27" to delete it.
New Kodi works fine on my android device but still unable to boot on my laptop running Windows 10.
Here's what worked for me. (For Windows 10 machines)

1. Uninstall previous or current version of KODI completely using the uninstaller.

2. Go to File Explorer. Click on the empty section of the address bar such that you can type the following command
C:\Users\Your Username\%AppData%

3. Find the Kodi folder.

4. Delete the whole Kodi folder. (Dont be alarmed if it says 8000+ files will be deleted!)

5. Close File Explorer.

6. Restart system.

7. Download and Install KODI from http://kodi.tv/download

8. Reinstall all addons from scratch

These steps worked for me!
(2017-04-06, 10:55)rsxshovon Wrote: 2. Go to File Explorer. Click on the empty section of the address bar such that you can type the following command
C:\Users\Your Username\%AppData%

Yeah, good luck with that.
Got Kodi working. That's what matters....
(2017-04-06, 13:52)rsxshovon Wrote: Got Kodi working. That's what matters....
With all settings, addons and library gone. Then share that as a "fix" with incorrect file path, which will cause further confusion.

But hey, at least your kodi works, right?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
upgrade from kodi 16.1 to 17.1 and it crashes0