v17 Krypton 10 seconds to switch stream, Jarvis 2 seconds
So just a general understanding query, are we completely sure additional "delay" issue only affects HLS streams when using ffmpeg. i.e. Similar issue will not be present moving forward when using latest DASH streams for example?
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2017-04-08, 10:06)MikeKL Wrote: So just a general understanding query, are we completely sure additional "delay" issue only affects HLS streams when using ffmpeg. i.e. Similar issue will not be present moving forward when using latest DASH streams for example?

This problem will happen in any internet stream that has an m3u8 suffix or has mime type application/vnd.apple.mpegurl.
Here is the stream checking code that has been removed from Krypton.
Code:
+  if (m_item.IsInternetStream()
+      && (m_item.IsType(".m3u8") || m_item.GetMimeType() == "application/vnd.apple.mpegurl"))
+  {
+    // get the available bandwidth and  determine the most appropriate stream
+    int bandwidth = CSettings::GetInstance().GetInt(CSettings::SETTING_NETWORK_BANDWIDTH);
+    if(bandwidth <= 0)
+      bandwidth = INT_MAX;
+    selected = PLAYLIST::CPlayListM3U::GetBestBandwidthStream(m_item.GetPath(), bandwidth);

DASH should be better because the inputstream.adaptive addon checks the streams from the header files without trying to retrieve the video segments itself.
It is better in iPlayerWWW anyway.

Even in my mglae patched Krypton Kodi.exe playing the normal iPlayerWWW BBC One live stream took a couple of seconds for the video to catch up with the audio.
It is instantaneous in Jarvis.

So there is still something missing from Krypton that was in Jarvis apart from the GetBestBandwidthStream function.
Thanks for explanation Blush Regarding your krypton video freeze, with audio being heard before both video/audio are in sync.. (1st couple of seconds)

I am NOT seeing this in latest Leia nightly build #0407, when using iplayer www and live akamai streams, but I AM seeing it when using itv player and ITV Live steams?

Just did a couple of rpi2 reboots to convince myself issue occurs and can be repeated consistently, then switched on debugging with ffmpeg, video and audio components enabled in logging

Here is the kodi debug log in case it provides any additional clues to whats going on etc.

Note: onkey select and onkey stop is in log (confirming time to start stream "video/audio synced") once play selected from within TV Fullscreen guide etc
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2017-04-08, 15:56)MikeKL Wrote: Thanks for explanation Blush Regarding your krypton video freeze, with audio being heard before both video/audio are in sync.. (1st couple of seconds)

I am NOT seeing this in latest Leia nightly build #0407, when using iplayer www and live akamai streams, but I AM seeing it when using itv player and ITV Live steams?

Just did a couple of rpi2 reboots to convince myself issue occurs and can be repeated consistently, then switched on debugging with ffmpeg, video and audio components enabled in logging

Here is the kodi debug log in case it provides any additional clues to whats going on etc.

Note: onkey select and onkey stop is in log (confirming time to start stream "video/audio synced") once play selected from within TV Fullscreen guide etc

Thanks. BBC was using mpd dash and ITV was using HLS by the looks of the log. Good news about DASH and inputstream.adaptive. Bad news about HLS.

I can't see either team trying to fix this for a long long time. Probably in a galaxy far far away. Wink

I'm having a look at the ffmpeg code to see if there is something I can do but it gets pretty complicated in there.
(2017-04-08, 16:04)primaeval Wrote: BBC was using mpd dash and ITV was using HLS by the looks of the log.
hmmm thats Blush and interesting about bbc not being akamai.

Here is a screen capture on way I am selecting and then saving what I believe to be specific stream type to be played in TV Fullscreen settings.
(ref recent fix to allow me to do perform this task in krypton & Leia versions of kodi)

Perhaps I need to modify/refresh my underlying selected user options in iplayer www and/or TV Fullscreen settings with recent improvements in both addons?
(2017-04-08, 16:22)MikeKL Wrote:
(2017-04-08, 16:04)primaeval Wrote: BBC was using mpd dash and ITV was using HLS by the looks of the log.
hmmm thats Blush and interesting about bbc not being akamai.

Here is a screen capture on way I am selecting and then saving what I believe to be specific stream type to be played in TV Fullscreen settings.
(ref recent fix to allow me to do perform this task in krypton & Leia versions of kodi)

Perhaps I need to modify/refresh my underlying selected user options in iplayer www and/or TV Fullscreen settings with recent improvements in both addons?

Something is not right but if you look in your log file for "bbc" you will find all the urls have dash and mpd in them.
Code:
DEBUG: CCurlFile::GetMimeType - http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio_video/simulcast/dash/uk/dash_pc/ak/bbc_one_west.mpd -> application/dash+xml
OK, think I have sorted it now to ensure HLS stream, went into iplayer www settings and implicitly request HLS (Highest bitrate etc) Then went into TV Fullscreen guide settings and refreshed addons. (not done this before?)

Then went back into TV guide and tried to play stream which failed so then went into select stream and again selected BBC One North West but this time I do not have (invalid) choices to select Akamai, Limelight and [/I]

Just one channel option with no stream selection options (which appears to be correct, based on setting saved in iplayer www)

For sure I currently am now playing a HLS live stream as audio plays before the video starts, will probably switch back to DASH as generally was working very well.
Here is the complete Windows Krypton Setup Build with mglae's HLS patch.
https://github.com/primaeval/xbmc/releas....1-HLS-fix

The commit is here.
https://github.com/primaeval/xbmc/commit...3824cb4a4a
Exclamation 
There is a new addon in my repo that might help with HLS playlists in Krypton:

HLS Playlist Player

* This should create some of the Jarvis behaviour in Krypton.
* Add multiple playlists containing HLS m3u header links.
* Plays the streams by selecting by a max bandwidth setting.

repo: https://github.com/primaeval/repository....-0.0.2.zip

source: https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.vide...ist.player

FernetMenta's branch of Kodi fixes the video freezing problem when the HLS sub-streams start.
https://github.com/FernetMenta/kodi-agile
There is no official build yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Krypton 10 seconds to switch stream, Jarvis 2 seconds1