v17 17.1 doesnt't show the last track's length in case of file+.cue
Can't see the last track time of the CUE sheet album with the default KODI 17.1 setup.

Just empty space instead of the last track's time data for every file+.cue CD rip.

UPD: It has taken to download/install/activate the Confluence skin to ensure myself that my CUEs are correct as Confluence shows the last track's length. When Estuary skin was activated again it began to show the last tracks length either. But as soon as Kodi is uninstalled and installed again from the scratch it continues to hide the last track's timing for each CUE album.

I think it is a bug. Detected on Windows setup.
I think I may have fixed this issue with changes to cuesheet handling for v18 Leia. My work has not been merged into the nightlies yet, but there is a test version based on my repo that you could try. It would be helpful for users with cuesheets to do this.

It can be downloaded from 391b8893c3-CueSheets.

This is a pre-alpha version, so please take backups of your system first. I also suggest that you use portable mode, install clean, adding music sources to test etc.

Are you saying in your other post that "REM DISCNUMBER" is not working?
(2017-04-07, 11:46)DaveBlake Wrote: I think I may have fixed this issue with changes to cuesheet handling for v18 Leia. My work has not been merged into the nightlies yet, but there is a test version based on my repo that you could try. It would be helpful for users with cuesheets to do this.

It can be downloaded from 391b8893c3-CueSheets.

This is a pre-alpha version, so please take backups of your system first. I also suggest that you use portable mode, install clean, adding music sources to test etc.

Are you saying in your other post that "REM DISCNUMBER" is not working?

Thanks for your responce, DaveBlake. It is really great that I have been heard and the bug is going to be fixed, thanks a lot!

I can't say if it was me saying that "REM DISCNUMBER" is not working without the link to the post, but most likely you are right, it really was me.

May I explain my position regarding "REM DISCNUMBER" and other Kodi's problems with cuesheet handling further in this post?

First of all, in all my cases "REM DISCNUMBER" is always ignored by Kodi when it deals with file+cue combination. It is not great because I always have multi-disc CD rips in inappropriate order. May be I'm doing something wrong, so a working example of the correct cuesheet would be great in this case.

I have also some suggestions regarding Kodi's cuesheet handling with multiple CDs of the same album of the same artist.

For example, US edition of the Depeche Mode's album "Black Celebration" have different tracklist comparing to its European edition. As it is not a multi-disc release, and also because it is quite hard to think up which edition should be considered as the first disc, "REM DISCNUMBER" is not appropriate solution in this case.

But if Kodi would just handle every cuesheet file as a separate album, it would solve the problem of multiple repeatings of the same track within what Kodi interprets as music album, immediately.

Developing this suggestion further I would also ask to invent the support for CATALOG tag of the cuesheet, or any other tag, that would allow to separate different editions of the same titles.

This will be extremely useful in case of dealing with rips of CD singles.

Continuing giving examples based on Depeche Mode, there are 8 editions of their single "Precious" I have in my collection. I have ripped all of them into the same folder in form of file+cue.

Of course I still can to divide them by just adding their catalog numbers to their titles, but it it not a good practice by many means.

It would be much more easy and convenient to add a tag to the cuesheet that will describe every specific edition of the same title of the same artist. CATALOG one is great in my opinion. In case this solution is integrated into Kodi's cuesheet handling, I would have Depeche Mode's single "Precious" look like

Depeche Mode / Precious

CD BONG 35
01. Precious (album version)
02. Precious (sasha’s spooky mix single edit)

LCD BONG 35
01. Precious (sasha’s gargantuan vocal mix edit)
02. Precious (misc. full vocal mix)
03. Free

PRO-CD-101656
01. Precious (radio version)
03. Waiting For The Night (bare)

which is correct, instead of

Depeche Mode / Precious
01. Precious (album version)
01. Precious (sasha’s gargantuan vocal mix edit)
01. Precious (radio version)
02. Precious (sasha’s spooky mix single edit)
03. Free
03. Waiting For The Night (bare)

which is certainly absolutely incorrect and quite unusable.

And, finally, using the jpg/png of the same name as the cuesheet as the album art would help those multiple editions to look much better in the library, because in case of the singles that all have different album arts.

If it is not too much I would also ask to make it possible to hide the repeated songs if they belong to the same artist and album. This function will immediately allow to listen to the complete playlist of remixes without repeated ones, for example.

Also it may appear handy to make it possible to consider Precious (album version), Precious (radio version), Precious (misc. full vocal mix), Precious (whatever) as just a song called Precious. So that if I want to listen just to this song I could immediately chose its version.

Too much for the answer if it was me asking about "REM DISCNUMBER" is not working, I know.

Sorry for that! Angel
(2017-04-07, 11:46)DaveBlake Wrote: I think I may have fixed this issue with changes to cuesheet handling for v18 Leia. My work has not been merged into the nightlies yet, but there is a test version based on my repo that you could try. It would be helpful for users with cuesheets to do this.

I can confirm the time of the last tracks have appeared in the library after upgrading Kodi to the test version you've provided.
(2017-04-07, 15:06)garfield Wrote: Thanks for your response, DaveBlake. It is really great that I have been heard and the bug is going to be fixed, thanks a lot!
Well that happens sometimes Smile
Everyone would like it to happen more often, but the active team of volunteer devs is small and there are only so many hours in a day.

(2017-04-07, 15:30)garfield Wrote: I can confirm the time of the last tracks have appeared in the library after upgrading Kodi to the test version you've provided.
Thanks for that testing and feedback. I don't use cuesheets personally at all, so it really does help to have those that do try out any changes I make to their handling.

I will take a look at your comments about disc number and multi-disc albums later.
(2017-04-07, 15:06)garfield Wrote: I can't say if it was me saying that "REM DISCNUMBER" is not working without the link to the post, but most likely you are right, it really was me.

May I explain my position regarding "REM DISCNUMBER" and other Kodi's problems with cuesheet handling further in this post?

First of all, in all my cases "REM DISCNUMBER" is always ignored by Kodi when it deals with file+cue combination. It is not great because I always have multi-disc CD rips in inappropriate order. May be I'm doing something wrong, so a working example of the correct cuesheet would be great in this case.
The older thread you posted on about DISCNUMBER was http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=261954 but discussion here is fine.

In my testing "REM DISCNUMBER N" in a cue sheet is handled by Kodi, with the tracks of that file being given disc number N. But the implicit assumption is that a music file only contains the music from one CD, so the last "REM DISCNUMBER" statement in a .cue is taken as the disc number for all the tracks.

There are a few issues that could confuse matters:
  1. Estuary skin does not show disc number on song info dialog - I suggest using Confluence, it shows more of the music information generally, so do other skins.
  2. Sorting. Users sometimes forget to sort by track number rather than (file) name. Sort by track number does take into account disc number too, name does not and you see 01, 01, 02, 02 etc.
  3. If the file also has a discnumber tag then this gets added to the disc number from the .cue - so don't have an embedded disc number in the music file as well a disc number in the .cue

My test .cue files looks like this:
Code:
REM GENRE Test
REM DATE 2017
REM DISCNUMBER 2
REM PERFORMER "A Test Artist"
TITLE "Album Test Double Disc"
FILE "testcuedouble01.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "State of Grace"
    PERFORMER "A Test Artist"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Red"
    PERFORMER "A Test Artist"
    INDEX 00 01:50:61
    INDEX 01 01:55:54

If that does not clarify things for you, then please provide an example of the .cue that isn't working.

Quote:I have also some suggestions regarding Kodi's cuesheet handling with multiple CDs of the same album of the same artist.

For example, US edition of the Depeche Mode's album "Black Celebration" have different tracklist comparing to its European edition. As it is not a multi-disc release, and also because it is quite hard to think up which edition should be considered as the first disc, "REM DISCNUMBER" is not appropriate solution in this case.

But if Kodi would just handle every cuesheet file as a separate album, it would solve the problem of multiple repeatings of the same track within what Kodi interprets as music album, immediately.
Kodi's use of the word "album" equates to what Musicbrainz would call a "release". In your example the US edition and EU edition are different releases. For Kodi to differentiate these you need to either use Musicbrainz Release Id tags (something you can't do from cue sheets), or just give each a slightly different album name e.g. "Black Celebration - US edition", "Black Celebration - EU edition"

Quote:Developing this suggestion further I would also ask to invent the support for CATALOG tag of the cuesheet, or any other tag, that would allow to separate different editions of the same titles.
Too much for the answer if it was me asking about "REM DISCNUMBER" is not working, I know.

Sorry for that! Angel
It seems that my response in fixing the last track duration bug has got you over excited Smile

What you ask for here is more than just a bit of cue sheet fixing, but a reworking of how singles are managed generally, let alone when they are in cue sheets. I'll split it out as a feature request, but more than that is unlikely at this time, I have too much else to do.
(2017-04-09, 11:38)DaveBlake Wrote: The older thread you posted on about DISCNUMBER was http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=261954 but discussion here is fine.

It is not my thread, but it contains my answer, yes

I have set the following template to show tracks from the multiple-discs albums: %S / %N. %T. Along with REM DISCNUMBER X it somehow does the trick.

I would prefer continuous numbering, but as there is no other choice (and seems will never be), then

01 / 01. Track Name
01 / 02. Track Name
02 / 01. Track Name
02 / 02. Track Name

is ok.

(2017-04-09, 11:38)DaveBlake Wrote: just give each a slightly different album name e.g. "Black Celebration - US edition", "Black Celebration - EU edition"

It is the worst practice ever. Big Grin
Yes, it would allow to separate different editions of the same music album, but it will also add another kind of annoying mess into the library. Dividing different editions of the same music album by an approved attribute would be the best choice, I believe.

As for my preferences, then I would like the library to handle different editions of the same name somehow like that:

Depeche Mode
- Black Celebration
- - Approved Attribute Value 1
- - Approved Attribute Value 2
- - Approved Attribute Value X

Does this feature require much of extra logic beyond existing?

(2017-04-09, 11:38)DaveBlake Wrote: Kodi's use of the word "album" equates to what Musicbrainz would call a "release".

What prevents to continue the same practice but in terms of every single .cue file or approved attribute? Cool
(2017-04-09, 16:24)garfield Wrote: Yes, it would allow to separate different editions of the same music album, but it will also add another kind of annoying mess into the library. Dividing different editions of the same music album by an approved attribute would be the best choice, I believe.

As for my preferences, then I would like the library to handle different editions of the same name somehow like that:

Depeche Mode
- Black Celebration
- - Approved Attribute Value 1
- - Approved Attribute Value 2
- - Approved Attribute Value X

Does this feature require much of extra logic beyond existing?
Yes, substantially.

The majority of users don't have multiple editions/releases of the same album, nor many versions of the single in the way that you do. The majority also don't use cue sheets. You clearly have a substantial music collection where these features would be useful, but I don't see anything happening to accomodate them. There are a long list of features requested that are much more mainstream than this, and no volunteers with the time to work on them. Just how it is.

So by all means express your preferences, but don't be disappointed if nothing happens.
(2017-04-09, 17:59)DaveBlake Wrote: So by all means express your preferences, but don't be disappointed if nothing happens.

It is normal, Kodi is a free software.Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
17.1 doesnt't show the last track's length in case of file+.cue0