• 88(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
In the log, i went to CV settings, ensured a content path was set, updated that path and then tried to launch a movie
Hey Nick! I just responded to your thread on the CinemaVision website.
(2017-03-09, 01:46)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote: Hey Nick! I just responded to your thread on the CinemaVision website.

Were you not able to have your username changed? I'm sure an admin could do that.
(2017-03-09, 04:52)Charger Hellcat Wrote:
(2017-03-09, 01:46)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote: Hey Nick! I just responded to your thread on the CinemaVision website.

Were you not able to have your username changed? I'm sure an admin could do that.

True story: I had the two accounts merged, but never logged out on my phone. Apparently, that means I can still post with the old account, which somehow still exists. Smile I fixed the phone.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Thanks chaps for the replies.

I though as much. Do we know when kodi 18 will be supported?

Thanks all

Sent while on the move
(2017-03-09, 10:12)nick w Wrote: Thanks chaps for the replies.

I though as much. Do we know when kodi 18 will be supported?

Thanks all

Sent while on the move
No problem at all. We start developing for new versions of Kodi when they're in beta. With early versions of Kodi, especially with the changes they're making this time around, you'll find that a lot of add-ons are broken. If you install 17 and upgrade later, all of your settings will be intact.

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Thanks for the reply
My only issue is i run a couple of kodi 18 instances with a shared/synced library

Am i right in thinking if i downgrade to Kodi 17 (which used Movies DB 107) and leave my 4 other kodi instances on kodi 18 (Movies DB 108) i would then have a split synchronised library?

4 would be updating DB 108 (running Kodi18) while one would be updating DB 107 (running Kodi17)

Is that how it would work?

Thanks
Nick
Ok, with the recent update I can finally use CV again since the trailers work. But playback is not seamless.

For each trailer, and each video bumper on the hard drive (ratings, audio format), the video comes up and then freezes for a couple seconds, often stuck on a frame in mid-fade-in.

Then at the end of each trailer/bumper, it freezes again on a frame close to (but not quite at) the end, and then cuts off abruptly, no smooth stop as the same trailers do elsewhere or as the bumpers do when played on their own in Kodi. Like the audio format video will start to fade to black, then it will freeze on a frame mid-fade, then cut off. The whole thing is just very not-seamless.
(2017-03-09, 16:02)nick w Wrote: Thanks for the reply
My only issue is i run a couple of kodi 18 instances with a shared/synced library

Am i right in thinking if i downgrade to Kodi 17 (which used Movies DB 107) and leave my 4 other kodi instances on kodi 18 (Movies DB 108) i would then have a split synchronised library?

4 would be updating DB 108 (running Kodi18) while one would be updating DB 107 (running Kodi17)

Is that how it would work?

Thanks
Nick

To be honest, I'm not sure how the database differs between 17 and 18. I would imagine there are some changes that have been made, but you'd be better served hitting up the developers to see if the would recommend against having a Kodi 17 box connecting to that synced library that also serves several Kodi 18 boxes. It's possible that the database would be different between the two installs, but that essentially would mean you're maintaining two instances of Kodi, which kind of sucks for you. You might look into doing a shared database and seeing if 17 and 18 can both pull from it.

(2017-03-11, 19:46)jubilex Wrote: Ok, with the recent update I can finally use CV again since the trailers work. But playback is not seamless.

For each trailer, and each video bumper on the hard drive (ratings, audio format), the video comes up and then freezes for a couple seconds, often stuck on a frame in mid-fade-in.

Then at the end of each trailer/bumper, it freezes again on a frame close to (but not quite at) the end, and then cuts off abruptly, no smooth stop as the same trailers do elsewhere or as the bumpers do when played on their own in Kodi. Like the audio format video will start to fade to black, then it will freeze on a frame mid-fade, then cut off. The whole thing is just very not-seamless.

Hey there! What hardware are you running? Are you streaming trailers or playing from the local Kodi library? Can you get me a debug log to review showing the issue?

Hey
Any change to make the genre limit work with German genres?
I'm using CV only to play iTunes trailer before my movie starts. Can the content database for iTunes trailers be kept up to date without manually start the cv editor (or press the refresh content button in settings) from time to time?
(2017-03-23, 04:24)horstepipe Wrote: Hey
I'm using CV only to play iTunes trailer before my movie starts. Can the content database for iTunes trailers be kept up to date without manually start the cv editor (or press the refresh content button in settings) from time to time?

No additional support for other languages just yet, but that is coming. I'm not sure how we'll handle other ratings systems from anywhere other than the local Kodi database, but we'll work that out soon enough. Right now we're focused on finishing a huge new feature that will allow us to specify Sequences to use based on library data. Smile

(2017-03-28, 02:11)Ragnarok Wrote:
(2017-03-23, 04:24)horstepipe Wrote: Hey

No additional support for other languages just yet, but that is coming. I'm not sure how we'll handle other ratings systems from anywhere other than the local Kodi database, but we'll work that out soon enough. Right now we're focused on finishing a huge new feature that will allow us to specify Sequences to use based on library data. Smile

Thank you!
And what's about the automatic content refresh, is there any workaround for it? Maybe execute some commands on Kodi start in autoexec.py or something like this?
As far as I can tell, the limit volume option does not work most of the time (possibly when skipping modules?), resulting in eardrum-blasting levels of sound.

Also, how do I prevent the streaming of non-trailers from iTunes? Half the time I get a 60 second clip of a movie, with no mention of a title, director, etc. It's just a random scene from an upcoming movie.
I've not tried it myself, but could it be that you have DTS or AC3 passthrough enabled? Kodi probably won't be able to control the volume in those circumstances.

If that's so, maybe CV needs to check if those settings are enabled, and temporarily disable them while it's running, restoring the settings before playing the main feature (or any shorts — not sure of the best way to detect those…)
(2017-04-12, 11:21)Tiny Clanger Wrote: I've not tried it myself, but could it be that you have DTS or AC3 passthrough enabled? Kodi probably won't be able to control the volume in those circumstances.
This is true. I'm not sure I want to let my PC handle the DTS decoding (I think it sounds better when my AVR does it), so I will probably just work the volume on the remote between the bumpers/feature.
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5