• 10(current)
Release WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state
(2017-02-18, 12:37)schapplm Wrote: The only possibility for the WatchedList addon to recognize the media is for you to set the uniqueid-field in such a way, that the imdbnumber entry of the JSON-query is set.
You could for example
  • set the id-field in the tvshow.nfo and rescrape or
  • rescrape discarding the nfos or
  • set the uniqueid manually in the video library (not in the view but in the database tables) (I would not recommend this).

OK. After reading all this again, I decided to try something. I deleted the blank <uniqueid></uniqueid> "line" from the tvshow.nfos, leaving the ones in my episode nfos intact.
Things worked from there.

The JSON-RPC query :

Code:
http://localhost:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.GetTVShows", "params": {"properties": ["title", "imdbnumber"], "sort": { "order": "ascending", "method": "title" } }, "id": 1}

now gives expected results, with an imdbnumber that is set.

From what I understand (which might not be much) if you have a blank uniqueid tag set in your tvshow.nfos, kodi loads that tag as a blank value for the imdbnumber. If you do not have the uniqueid tag in your tvshow.nfos, kodi loads the ID tag as the imdbnumber. I may be wrong since I have no clue of the internal workings of any of this!

Now to edit all my NFOs....

For people running into the same thing as me, who can run a windows batch file on their nfos, can use this little batch file to remove the uniqueid tag from their tvshow.nfos. Just place in your collection root and run.

Code:
for /r %%G in (tvsho*.nfo) do if exist "%%~dpnG.nfo" (
        rename "%%~dpnG.nfo" "%%~nG0123.nfo"
        type "%%~dpnG0123.nfo" | findstr /v uniqueid > "%%~dpnG.nfo"
        del "%%~dpnG0123.nfo" /q
)

BE ADVISED, if you have uniqueids set in your tvshow.nfos, they will be deleted. This batch will simply rewrite ALL the tvshow.nfo without the WHOLE line containing the string "uniqueid". I am aware that none of my tvshow.nfos have the uniqueid tag set to any value.

Disclaimer : I don't know if this is a "proper" solution for this problem (maybe schapplm can chime in), but it seems to work on my test setup. I have yet to try on my complete collection. I have only done so on a few shows to test its functionality.

Be careful when running automated stuff that edits stuff on many stuffs.

Use at own risk.
Always backup first!!

If anyone has anything to add or correct, please do so.

Thanks schapplm for this great addon that I can't live without!Blush

CSC
This Addon is awesome and super helpful, thanks for creating it.

I installed Kody 18, and I cannot set up Dropbox Synchronization, it gives me an error, any ideas?
(2017-02-21, 20:32)abescalamis Wrote: I installed Kody 18, and I cannot set up Dropbox Synchronization, it gives me an error, any ideas?
hard to tell without a debug log. Please set high verbosity for logging, enable debug logging in WatchedList addon and post the log e.g. on pastebin.
I will look further into this however, if Kodi 18 is on Release Candidate status. Before it will be a waste of time, since they can change the interfaces in beta status.
Just a friendly update on the situation that I ran into.

After removing all the uniqueid tags from my all my tvshow.nfo files. I scanned everything in Kodi 17.0, ran WatchedList and everything went without a hitch. I then exported the nfos with overwrite and got brand new shiny nfos with a "functional" uniqueid.

All is well. Thanks again schapplm for your work on this excellent addon!

CSC
Should one be able to use WatchedList to migrate videos marked as watched in Exodus from FreeTelly 16.1 to Kodi 17.1?
If no, how to get previously watched in Exodus into newer version of Kodi?

Background:
win7 local htpc device, WatchedList mysql enabled in both v16 and v17, watched flags toggled in Exodus persist across kodi program restarts, json requests suggested earlier in this topic to webserver return empty on both v16 & 17

16.1 excerpt freetelly.log:
10:42:20 T:10544 NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Update Library Manual Run.
10:42:21 T:10544 NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Notification. WatchedList: 0 movies and 0 episodes read from WL.
10:42:21 T:10544 NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Notification. WatchedList: 0 movies and 0 episodes read from Kodi-DB.
10:42:21 T:10544 NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Notification. Addon movie database: 0 watched new. 0 updated
10:42:22 T:10544 NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Notification. Addon episode database: 0 watched new. 0 updated
10:42:22 T:10544 NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Notification. Kodi-movie database: 0 movies marked as watched
10:42:22 T:10544 NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Notification. Kodi-episode database: 0 episodes marked as watched
10:42:22 T:10544 NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Notification. WatchedList: update com
17.1 excerpt kodi.log:
10:53:14.162 T:11328 NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Update Library Manual Run.
10:53:14.259 T:11328 NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Notification. WatchedList: 0 movies and 0 episodes read from WL.
10:53:15.207 T:11328 NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Notification. WatchedList: 0 movies and 0 episodes read from Kodi-DB.
10:53:15.644 T:11328 NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Notification. Addon movie database: 0 watched new. 0 updated
10:53:15.900 T:11328 NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Notification. Addon episode database: 0 watched new. 0 updated
10:53:16.156 T:11328 NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Notification. Kodi-movie database: 0 movies marked as watched
10:53:16.419 T:11328 NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Notification. Kodi-episode database: 0 episodes marked as watched
10:53:16.669 T:11328 NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Notification. WatchedList: update complete.plete.
(2017-04-12, 19:01)magicsmoke Wrote: Should one be able to use WatchedList to migrate videos marked as watched in Exodus from FreeTelly 16.1 to Kodi 17.1?
[...] json requests suggested earlier in this topic to webserver return empty on both v16 & 17

I think this is not possible, since in the installation notes for Exodus it says "Library integration is not supported, but the following are: [...]".
So since it does not use the Kodi video library, the json queries return empty and WatchedList does not work.
The problem here is the addon Exodus, not FreeTelly itself (which seems to be just a Kodi fork).

(2017-04-12, 19:01)magicsmoke Wrote: If no, how to get previously watched in Exodus into newer version of Kodi?
This is not possible unless you do some coding yourself, e.g.
  • write python scripts to loop through the Exodus data and feed this to the watchedlist database (look at the code of WatchedList)
  • script or addon to go through the data of one of the addons supported with Exodus (like trakt.tv). I would not recommend to use an online service to keep track of watched pirated movies though.
  • write an addon for integrating Exodus into the Kodi video library (would be blacklisted like Exodus)
  • write an addon for integrating Exodus into the WatchedList addon (would be blacklisted like Exodus)

Since Exodus is banned from the official Kodi team due to support of piracy, we can not give any support on this forum. You have to go to the Exodus/FreeTelly forum.
What's a good way to import the watchedlist.db ?

I have one PC and it's writing a DB to a shared NAS. I'd like to replace it with a new PC, and import the .db file so I still have the same list of watched / unwatched files.
(2017-04-19, 06:05)Bebop_Man Wrote: What's a good way to import the watchedlist.db ?

I have one PC and it's writing a DB to a shared NAS. I'd like to replace it with a new PC, and import the .db file so I still have the same list of watched / unwatched files.
If this is just importing one time for replacing the PC, you can just copy the file watchedlist.db to the userdata-folder of the addon
  • ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.watchedlist/watchedlist.db (by default on Linux)
  • %APPDATA%\Kodi\... (on Windows)
Or you can select the NAS path for the db file in the addon settings to permanently access the NAS for the database.
hi
since the update of openelect 8.01 with kodi 17.1 on my raspberry 2, the addon whatched list v1.1.3 crashes. it's unable to open the database (it find an error) and it's unable to send a report.
In the stracktrace i see a message about a line: 557 in-get-whatched-xbmc? ? ? 'Not all arguments covered during strings formatting' and other things that i don't understand.
Bug or not ?
please help me, i can't marked my movies as whatched.
thanks for your reply
oracle7
Hi,
I seem to have the same problem (running Kodi 7.1 on Ubuntu 16.04)
Quote:NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Notification. WatchedList: running observation of changes of watched states
NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Notification. WatchedList: 893 movies and 1049 episodes read from WL.
ERROR: service.watchedlist: get_watched_xbmc: error getting the xbmc database : <traceback object at 0x7f0d0dd67488>
ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
ERROR: File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/service.watchedlist/service.py", line 557, in get_watched_xbmc
ERROR: if not silent: utils.showNotification( utils.getString(32101), utils.getString(32297)%(item['title'], tvshowId_xbmc), xbmc.LOGINFO)
ERROR: TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting

As mentioned in the previous post, I am also unable to send a retport

Thanks!
(2017-04-23, 09:17)oracle7 Wrote: In the stracktrace i see a message about a line: 557 in-get-whatched-xbmc? ? ? 'Not all arguments covered during strings formatting' and other things that i don't understand
(2017-04-24, 05:23)MicTie Wrote: I seem to have the same problem (running Kodi 7.1 on Ubuntu 16.04)
Thanks for point out this bug. This should be updated automatically with my pull request (it was an error in the English language file on all platforms due to wrong syntax).

(2017-04-24, 05:23)MicTie Wrote: As mentioned in the previous post, I am also unable to send a retport
The bug report addon is broken quite a long time now. I will try to fix this occasionally.
Thank you! The error-messages are gone with the new version
Thanks. Addon working again.
How do I import my watchedlist into another Kodi install? I don't see an import button?
(2017-05-04, 19:46)chumbo Wrote: How do I import my watchedlist into another Kodi install? I don't see an import button?

(2017-04-19, 09:03)schapplm Wrote: If this is just importing one time for replacing the PC, you can just copy the file watchedlist.db to the userdata-folder of the addon
[...]
Or you can select the NAS path [=network share] for the db file in the addon settings to permanently access the NAS for the database.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state3