• 5(current)
Mod pkscout's Estuary mod (with Artist Slideshow Support)
Hi Forum and PK,

hope you guys can help me, because I can't find the reason for not seeing anything from AS during playing a song.

What I have done:

1. Installed pk's repro and from there his mod. Estuary-skin as described in his wiki.

If I start musicplayback nothing happens - if I change to another skin like AEON NOX everything works perfect.

2. Debugged Kodi and AS and saw that it does what it should do - seems to run and collect fanart.

3. Compared the log files with Kodi logs from another HTPC (livingroom) and could not find the reason for the failure.

Here you can find my log-files:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/24372539/

Maybe you could find the missing link - I have been looking for it for 3 days now.

Best regards

Mario
(2017-04-13, 14:36)Epikur17 Wrote: Here you can find my log-files:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/24372539/

Maybe you could find the missing link - I have been looking for it for 3 days now.

Nothing looks wrong in the log as far as I can tell. I see AS set the folder for images, so I don't have any idea why my Estuary mod wouldn't be showing them.
Hi PK,

thanks a lot for fast answer and your time for going through my "fog" -

maybe I try to reinstall Kodi or I will use AEON NOX even if I don't like the strukture of the skin.

AS is still one of the greatest addons for KODI so thanks for it too.

Best regards

Mario
Hello pkscout, love your skin, everything works fine, also download in music folder, other skins have probs. With central database on nas. Is it possible to rename in the process the copied/ moved extrafanart with fanart01 - fanartXX
(2017-04-17, 22:25)Acubens Wrote: Hello pkscout, love your skin, everything works fine, also download in music folder, other skins have probs. With central database on nas. Is it possible to rename in the process the copied/ moved extrafanart with fanart01 - fanartXX

I'll be honest, I have no idea what you're asking about. If it's specific to the skin mod, could you ask it here again with some clarification? If it has something to do with the way Artist Slideshow downloads, stores, or names files (i.e. it's an issue with any skin), could you please post that to the AS support thread?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=124880

Thanks.
I am honest too, it was the wrong thread here, I post it again in Artist Slideshow helper

I am sorry
Sorry, wrong thread to ask.
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
@pkscout any chance you plan on updating your mod for v18? I need some of your simple modifications but am using v18 and Estuary Mod v2 is just too cumbersome to work with.
(2017-06-02, 17:44)Hardax Wrote: @pkscout any chance you plan on updating your mod for v18? I need some of your simple modifications but am using v18 and Estuary Mod v2 is just too cumbersome to work with.

Yes please - I second the request for a v18 compatible version.
(2017-06-02, 17:44)Hardax Wrote: @pkscout any chance you plan on updating your mod for v18? I need some of your simple modifications but am using v18 and Estuary Mod v2 is just too cumbersome to work with.

Not right now. I generally don't start working on skin mods until a version is at least at beta, and most often I wait until RC releases. Too much changes with the nightlies to keep up with it, and I don't have 18 on any of my machines.
Just an FYI that there have been some small new things added to this mod, mostly because they were bugging the crap out of me.

v.1.2.2
- fix for conflicting OSD extended info and player process info (this is a fix for a bug I caused in 1.2.0)

v.1.2.1
- if skin.helper.service is installed alternate timer layout also shows TV show poster and plot

v.1.2.0
- fix for 4 digit channel number in PVR OSD Extended Info
- option to show extended video info when PVR OSD is shown

v.1.1.9
- alternate timer layout puts show name as primary in PVR lists and details
Just sharing small changes to pkscout's excellent Estuary mod to make Kodi 17 official skin more AEL friendly

watch gallery

So it has all pkscout's additions including
- ability to reorder and turn off home screen left menu items
- option to use small icons for the categories! Yes, I like that really much (made me like estuary to be honest)!!

plus
- add games to main menu (trade off with music video I am not using)
- add a most played games widget (no fanart displayed)
- add a category menu for AEL (genre / studios / titles / collections / update virtual categories)

What you will need
- install pkscout's Estuary mod
- download this and replace files in AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.estuary.krypton.pkscout.mod
- main menu games button is hard linked a platform category where are all my launchers so you'll probably have to change in include_home.xml
<onclick>ActivateWindow(10001,&quot;plugin://plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/?catID=bdba1b965b306542cbed74346dd1d031&amp;com=SHOW_LAUNCHERS&quot;,return)</onclick>
to whatever you prefer (use favourites.xml to your see the code of your prefered shortcut)

That is all. This does require any additionnal script (like shortcuts / widget etc...).

All kudos to
pkscout
Wintermute0110
New version 1.2.3 available

There's a new version available.

v.1.2.3
- added alternate layout for weather icon on top bar
- added background diffusion percentage to artwork settings
- option to better support 4 digit channels in PVR
- option for narrow channel labels in PVR Guide (requires restart of Kodi after setting is changed)
- tweaks to alternate PVR timer views
- new TV Show plot behavior for PVR timer rules (requires modified skin.helper.service)

Please see post #1 for information on the skin.helper.service mods if you want plot on the PVR timer rules screen.
(2017-01-13, 00:55)pkscout Wrote: I didn't finish all the widget hiding or small icon categories for every single section (like Radio and Music Videos) because I don't use those. But I can finish that if folks want it.

Did this ever get looked at for Music Videos? In my Movies and TV Shows sections, I've removed all category displays completely so clicking on the top level item in the menu takes me straight to the wall of titles. It would be nice if I could set that for Music Videos too for consistency. No biggie if it's not possible, just checking.

Andre
(2017-07-26, 10:04)andrewilley Wrote:
(2017-01-13, 00:55)pkscout Wrote: I didn't finish all the widget hiding or small icon categories for every single section (like Radio and Music Videos) because I don't use those. But I can finish that if folks want it.

Did this ever get looked at for Music Videos? In my Movies and TV Shows sections, I've removed all category displays completely so clicking on the top level item in the menu takes me straight to the wall of titles. It would be nice if I could set that for Music Videos too for consistency. No biggie if it's not possible, just checking.

Andre

No, I never got around to it. But it's not that hard, so let me see if I can get it whipped out in a day or two. I just have to find some music videos to import so I have something with which I can test.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pkscout's Estuary mod (with Artist Slideshow Support)6