• 103(current)
Beta Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton)
Sorry guys, been busy lately with some other stuff at home.
I'll take care of the various reports within the next days. Thanks for the patience.
(2017-04-10, 19:34)prateek33 Wrote:
(2017-04-10, 05:14)oattes Wrote:
(2017-04-10, 04:30)prateek33 Wrote: I have it turned off. The problem is only in the BANNER style widget. If I switch it to Landscape then the title disappears from the top of the thumbnail. I wonder how to remove it from Banner style too. Any advice?

I'm not sure just where you are having problems: the sidebar can be used to control labels in library views; to control the labels on widgets you use the configuration of the widget (it's one of the settings when you configure the widget itself in the configure shortcuts dialog).

Yes, I figured that you. But the issue is that even though I have disabled the label on the widget, it doesnt work for Banner style widget but when I change it to Landscape then I dont see the label. So is there a bug with the Banner style?

I changed one of my widgets to banner style -- and I see what you are seeing now. These are not 'tags'. This is, I believe by design (Marcel would have to confirm when he has time), as Banners don't typically provide the title of the item. The skin provides the title as an overlay. You'll see this consistently in the widgets and the banner (plex) views (in libraries). Not a bug. You could ask Marcel for a feature request to be able to toggle the overlay.
(2017-04-10, 22:39)oattes Wrote:
(2017-04-10, 19:34)prateek33 Wrote:
(2017-04-10, 05:14)oattes Wrote: I'm not sure just where you are having problems: the sidebar can be used to control labels in library views; to control the labels on widgets you use the configuration of the widget (it's one of the settings when you configure the widget itself in the configure shortcuts dialog).

Yes, I figured that you. But the issue is that even though I have disabled the label on the widget, it doesnt work for Banner style widget but when I change it to Landscape then I dont see the label. So is there a bug with the Banner style?

I changed one of my widgets to banner style -- and I see what you are seeing now. These are not 'tags'. This is, I believe by design (Marcel would have to confirm when he has time), as Banners don't typically provide the title of the item. The skin provides the title as an overlay. You'll see this consistently in the widgets and the banner (plex) views (in libraries). Not a bug. You could ask Marcel for a feature request to be able to toggle the overlay.

Thanks for confirming. I thought I was doing something wrong. It's no biggie, I switched to using landscape small but yes @Marcel it would be nice to have a toggle for this. Thanks!
When On Kodi 16.1 and using the Titan Skin, The widgets never refreshed on their own after
Kodi was up and running. Now on Kodi 17.1 using the 3.7.59 Beta skin, every time I play a movie,
the widgets refresh again. I don't mind waiting on the Kodi initials load for the widgets to load, but
if they refresh every time I play a movie it becomes unusable for me. I have about 8 widget rows.

I did see a setting to force widget refresh but it is not checked. I tried checking an unchecking to
see if it would have an effect but it did not. Is this a bug?

The other issue I have seen is with any dialogue box that just has an "OK" button. Example, I clear my cache
from an addon and then get a message it has been done and to press "OK". the ok should be displayed
in red due to my color scheme but it is darkened out. If I hit my Firetv back button I can return to where
I was was. I also see a spinning wheel when I get the darkened out "OK" button. I have seen this
behavior with any addon that has an "OK" button in it's dialogue.

I am using the Netflix Large Poster view.

Thanks.
(2017-04-10, 22:46)tphillip1120 Wrote: When On Kodi 16.1 and using the Titan Skin, The widgets never refreshed on their own after
Kodi was up and running. Now on Kodi 17.1 using the 3.7.59 Beta skin, every time I play a movie,
the widgets refresh again. I don't mind waiting on the Kodi initials load for the widgets to load, but
if they refresh every time I play a movie it becomes unusable for me. I have about 8 widget rows.

I did see a setting to force widget refresh but it is not checked. I tried checking an unchecking to
see if it would have an effect but it did not. Is this a bug?

The other issue I have seen is with any dialogue box that just has an "OK" button. Example, I clear my cache
from an addon and then get a message it has been done and to press "OK". the ok should be displayed
in red due to my color scheme but it is darkened out. If I hit my Firetv back button I can return to where
I was was. I also see a spinning wheel when I get the darkened out "OK" button. I have seen this
behavior with any addon that has an "OK" button in it's dialogue.

I am using the Netflix Large Poster view.

Thanks.

While Marcel is away from the scene for a bit, I'll take a shot:

1) Widgets based on library items will definitely refresh (necessarily IMHO) when the database is updated (this happens for lots of reasons including watching an item and thus updating the watched status). This can be a bit time consuming on slow platforms especially if you have a lot of widgets on the screen at the same time -- the netflix home screen is very problematic in this regard.

2) Force refresh option only applies to widgets that are not based on library items. For these widgets there is not any notification mechanism to let the widget know when it needs to refresh so the force option will cause the widget to refresh periodically (every 4 hours if I recall correctly).

3) The skin has color control over its dialog boxes, but unless the addon is somehow 'skin aware' it is probably controlling its own color on its own dialog boxes. Similarly the 'spinning' wheel could be the addon -- try changing the busy animation for titan and see if the spinning wheel changes. It it does not follow the titan configuration then its probably controlled by the addon.

hope this helps
(2017-04-10, 05:26)oattes Wrote:
(2017-04-09, 12:33)Mr Cellophane Wrote: I notice that when in TV Series I no longer seem to get information as to when the next episode is due to be broadcast anymore, it used to appear near the codec information. This is on 2 systems yet on my Firestick system it does show this information, is there a setting somewhere that needs to be enabled or has this feature gone now please?

I'm still seeing this data (status-continuing, next expisode nxnn), but it might be dependent on the view you are using -- I'm using the horizontal panel with details enabled and it appears in the details panel.

Hi thanks for the suggestion, my standard view type is List and that seems to have lost the status, next episode information. I tried all of the other views and only horizontal panel with details enabled seems to show the status information.

If possible could you do me a favour and test to see if this information is shown on the List view (or any other view if you have time to check) please? I can then work out if it is my systems in some way or something else has changed.
Thanks once again for the suggestion.
(2017-04-06, 15:10)Joe123 Wrote:
(2017-04-04, 23:05)disaacso Wrote:
(2017-04-04, 21:19)Joe123 Wrote: Did some more testing. Changed to several different skins and did not experience any of these issues. I have to conclude that current beta version of Titan skin does not yest support newest Kodi.
Before I go back to Kodi 17 RC are there any plans to support 17.1?

Thanks

I don't think that would be something specific to 17.1. I've run both rc and final with no issues ( Ubuntu, so different os). Have you tried using a different view? How about backing up the skin and doing a fresh install? Also a debug log may show something out of the ordinary

Ok I found the problem. When using the switch "Use Extra Fanart" the backgrounds fail.
Turn off switch it works perfect.

This behavior was not evident while using the exact same setup on Kodi 17 RC
Only appears (for me) on Kodi 17.1

CONFIRMATION OF ISSUE -

Ok so I very carefully slowly did a complete rebuild. I wiped all traces of Kodi off the AFTV box, downloaded a fresh copy of 17.1 and rebuilt using ONLY specto (to get stuff in library), and Titan beta including whatever addons the skin wanted to add.

First tests the TV Show backgrounds worked as intended...and then I added "extra fanart" and BAM! Same old problem back again. Also same issues of settings not sticking after a reboot, or refresh or even a theme color change.
The only test I haven't run is reverting back to 17 RC1 where I had NONE of these issues. I dont really want to go back as I will lose the new HTTPS feature of Kodi 17.1

So there you have it. Tested, re-tested and confirmed. Still my favorite skin though...

Thanks Marcel. Hope you get some time to look into this.
(2017-04-11, 13:39)Mr Cellophane Wrote:
(2017-04-10, 05:26)oattes Wrote:
(2017-04-09, 12:33)Mr Cellophane Wrote: I notice that when in TV Series I no longer seem to get information as to when the next episode is due to be broadcast anymore, it used to appear near the codec information. This is on 2 systems yet on my Firestick system it does show this information, is there a setting somewhere that needs to be enabled or has this feature gone now please?

I'm still seeing this data (status-continuing, next expisode nxnn), but it might be dependent on the view you are using -- I'm using the horizontal panel with details enabled and it appears in the details panel.

Hi thanks for the suggestion, my standard view type is List and that seems to have lost the status, next episode information. I tried all of the other views and only horizontal panel with details enabled seems to show the status information.

If possible could you do me a favour and test to see if this information is shown on the List view (or any other view if you have time to check) please? I can then work out if it is my systems in some way or something else has changed.

I don't see the info in the list view. Moreover, I definitely remember this did (at one point) appear in the Thumbs Details view but it does not appear now (see green box in image below). I think it's a bug!

Note: this data is still working in the stable version of Titan.
(2017-04-11, 17:13)Joe123 Wrote: CONFIRMATION OF ISSUE -

Ok so I very carefully slowly did a complete rebuild. I wiped all traces of Kodi off the AFTV box, downloaded a fresh copy of 17.1 and rebuilt using ONLY specto (to get stuff in library), and Titan beta including whatever addons the skin wanted to add.

First tests the TV Show backgrounds worked as intended...and then I added "extra fanart" and BAM! Same old problem back again. Also same issues of settings not sticking after a reboot, or refresh or even a theme color change.
The only test I haven't run is reverting back to 17 RC1 where I had NONE of these issues. I dont really want to go back as I will lose the new HTTPS feature of Kodi 17.1

So there you have it. Tested, re-tested and confirmed. Still my favorite skin though...

Thanks Marcel. Hope you get some time to look into this.

I can confirm the same issue of the background losing sync with the selected library item. I think this problem is exacerbated by the slowness of your platform. I have to do much more navigating before the problem becomes apparent. Also, the loss of sync seems to be temporary and sync returns after about half a minute (for me). It will get 'lost' again though if you continue to navigate.

Note: this problem does not occur in the current stable release of titan.
Hi Marcel,

Another minor issue with the latest beta: some of the settings don't stick when changed and reset to default after a restart of kodi. Two that I noticed are:

1) Enable skin helper artwork lookups for addons under general skin settings. I turn it off, but after a restart, it is set back to on

2) Auto show OSD infopanel on video playback start. I set it to 0 seconds because I don't want it to be displayed. Until a restart, the setting is off and no infopanel is displayed when playback starts. But after a restart of kodi, it is set to the default 4 seconds again

Thanks
(2017-04-11, 23:04)oattes Wrote:
(2017-04-11, 13:39)Mr Cellophane Wrote:
(2017-04-10, 05:26)oattes Wrote: I'm still seeing this data (status-continuing, next expisode nxnn), but it might be dependent on the view you are using -- I'm using the horizontal panel with details enabled and it appears in the details panel.

I don't see the info in the list view. Moreover, I definitely remember this did (at one point) appear in the Thumbs Details view but it does not appear now (see green box in image below). I think it's a bug!

Note: this data is still working in the stable version of Titan.

Hi thank you so much for testing that, I agree it must be a bug that has been introduced in the latest beta version, Marcel can you please take a look when you get a chance.
Hi Marcel, Trying to set background for Music tile. The option Random music artist Background does not work anymore. This option is gone?
I've just done a completely clean install (remove all old Kodi directories etc) and for some reason the shortcuts under TV Shows (Recently Added Episodes, In Progress TV Shows etc.) don't work. Selecting any of them drops me into the top level of the Videos structure with options such as "Movies", "TV Shows" etc. I have to select the "TV Shows->In Progress TV Shows" from that top level menu. This is only a problem for TV Shows, Movie and Music sub-menus all work as expected.

BTW, this is the latest version of the skin installed from the repo today (4/12/17)
(2017-04-12, 00:19)aptalca Wrote: Hi Marcel,

Another minor issue with the latest beta: some of the settings don't stick when changed and reset to default after a restart of kodi. Two that I noticed are:

1) Enable skin helper artwork lookups for addons under general skin settings. I turn it off, but after a restart, it is set back to on

2) Auto show OSD infopanel on video playback start. I set it to 0 seconds because I don't want it to be displayed. Until a restart, the setting is off and no infopanel is displayed when playback starts. But after a restart of kodi, it is set to the default 4 seconds again

Thanks
Did further testing. On a box that has been updated from older beta versions, where those two settings were already changed before, everything's fine.

But on fresh installs (tried windows and libreelec) these settings revert back to default after a restart
New problem here

Had a problem with my tv box so installed a custom firmware rom on it. Had to start again with my apps and kodi.

H96 pro plus android tv box with kodi 17.1 installed. No libraries in play. Using addon which I won't mention with trakt.

Anyway, all setup how I usually like but every so often the widgets go transparent on the home pages.
I can just about make out what's what.if I press up and go into the widgets the background images change ok and info pops up to but actual widget itself is transparent.

If I refresh titan it's ok but eventually goes transparent.

Might be a setting ive clicked on,not to sure
  • 103(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton)6