• 104(current)
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
Hello!

I have some trouble with autostarting the version 17 of Kodi. I have a working setup with kodi 16 together with Launcher4kodi. But after i have downloaded the version 17 kodi from Windows App-store, it still boots version 16. I have tried to find upot where Windows put the "app" kodi 17, but I havent been able to find a path to the app.

How can I solve this? The general advise before installing Kodi 16 was not to uninstall before upgrading. Everything works fine, settings are imported and Kodi 17 works when manually started. But I also want my HTPC to autostart into Kodi 17, preferable with launcher4kodi.

Any help would be appreciated!

Kind regards Jens
------------------------------------
Windows 10
Kodi 16/17
I think the app will not work with the launcher. Uninstall the app and download the standard installer from https://kodi.tv/download
The installer will update your Kodi 16.1 and the launcher should work fine.
Hello,

There is a way to disable the shortkey WIN+S (Option to start the GUI) ?
I use WIN+S for another thing.

Thank you
I am having a problem. I am using the latest version of Windows 10 and running Kodi 17.1 (not the app version). I try changing the shell to Launcher4Kodi from within the application but that setting never saves. Whenever I restart the computer, I see explorer instead of Kodi. What am I doing wrong?
Hi

I'm experiencing a problem after upgrading my htpc
I want to use kodi for movies but foobar for music
So I setup foobar 2000.exe in the group 2 of External applications, in order to be launched with kodi
I start with kodi shell

The problem is that a minimized window of foobar appears on the lower left of the screen
And prevent kodi for taking the focus ! !!

What do i miss to do?

Tanks for you help
Also my configuration. I have a problem however because kodi never gets focus back.
I left foobar to open via windows startup. That way kodi has focus and foobar is minimized in the back.
Thanks or your answer
I try this way also but prefer remaining in kodi shell
It prevents from having Windows or other software popup (upgrade, drivers....)
(2017-04-25, 23:27)WolfGeneral Wrote: I am having a problem. I am using the latest version of Windows 10 and running Kodi 17.1 (not the app version). I try changing the shell to Launcher4Kodi from within the application but that setting never saves. Whenever I restart the computer, I see explorer instead of Kodi. What am I doing wrong?

I had this happen before and it worked better NOT using the gui, but from the taskbar. Right click icon in taskbar and try from there.
Using this with windows 10 if I use exploer as the shell I then Kodi uses my advancedsetting XML and connects to MySQL.

If I use Kodi shelll then it over rights my userdata and I can't use my advancedsetting is there something I am missing.
I prefer the Kodi shell as it makes a cleaner boot but I can't connect to MySQL so yeah any advice?[/b]
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Hi

I have a few questions/ ideas for improvements

1) It would be nice to be able to set a delay for external app groups so that it will be settable for each one entered

2) is it possible to control the starting order of external app groups?

3) change the option for xbmconimon to kodi4smartie (the successor of xbmconimon i believe) (https://github.com/vavruska/kodi4smartie) with the option to set a delay for this one too

I'm using kodi on a computer with a antec fusion case witch has a display that works through imon.
This works with launcher4kodi but lcdsmartie (used to be able to use kodi4smartie as a plugin) must be started about 6 sec later as the imonmanager. Otherwise they interfere with each other.

At the moment i use SilentLaunch (http://lars.werner.no/?p=117) that is started by launcher4kodi witch launch a batch script that starts the programs in order with a delay for lcdsmartie.
This works but i'm stuck with command windows at startup witch i don't like. I us cmdow to hide the windows but they are still visible for a moment.

Code:
@echo off
start "" /b "C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab Passkey\DVDFabPasskey.exe"
start "" /b c:\SilentLaunch2\cmdow @ /hid
start "" /b "C:\Program Files (x86)\SoundGraph\iMON\iMON.exe" /startup
c:\SilentLaunch2\sleep.exe 6
start "" /b "c:\LCDSmartie\LCDSmartie.exe"
exit

edit:
With the batch file above everything works great including imon, lcd and ir receiver.
Sleep.exe is part of the server 2003 resource kit tools, witch can be found on the net.
I removed the imon startup entry in the registry:

Code:
(64bit) HKLM\Software\Wow6432node\Microsoft\windows\CurrentVersion\Run
(32bit) HKLM\Software\Microsoft\windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Thanks
Ed
On Windows 10, when I hit the power button on my remote NUC goes to sleep. When I power it back on, I'm sitting at the login prompt for the user even though the system is set to auto login and on the app kodi is set to startup on resume from sleep. The account has no password, so just have to click OK to get past it, but still for the audience not ideal. Thoughts?

Thanks.

JR
i'm having troubles making it work the way i want.

I'm using kodi 17 with win 7 x64, but when booting the system, kodi starts minimized then pop in full screen after a few seconds.
But when i press "enter" to choose a category, let's say "video" for exemple, Kodi gets back minimized, so I'm facing a black empty desktop with a micro kodi windows. Quite annoying...

I tried several delays on the "focus" tab, but got the same result.

Anything works fine when i start with the windows shell and autolaunch kodi.

Any suggestion people?

Thanks
I'm using kodi4launcher and want to be able to Shutdown kodi occasionally thru an automated script and start it up again for various reasons. In using Kod4Launcher, would I just startup the Kodi.exe or do I need to start something else to make sure Kodi stays in the foreground and the like which kodi4launcher provides?

And for that matter, what process should I be killing to shutdown Kodi in the first place. Not doing it thru the GUI, a program that runs will kill the process, do it's thing, and restart Kodi.

Thanks.

JR
Hi, i use Launcher4Kodi to auto start Kodi when the PC boot. But i have a problem because i actually use Wamp for my database. I put Wamp in the app group1 of Launcher4Kodi but Wamp run at the same time of Kodi and then, Kodi don't have the way to the database and i have a empty kodi ...

How can i launch Wamp 5 seconds before Kodi ?

Sorry for my english ... I'm a french guy !

Thank for you support !!
Might be of use for someone. I use the Windows store version of Kodi and a desktop shortcut to run Kodi along with a IR Remote.
The short cut URL uses KODI: to call Kodi to run as there is no Kodi.exe.
You can prove this by using the Start right click Run and type in KODI:
  • 104(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more20