• 95(current)
Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
(2017-03-23, 10:31)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: The latest Krypton update (17.1) changes the remote button......

Thank you very much for the info.

JVC-X7000
Projector: JVC-X7000 MediaPlayer: PopCornHour A410, HIMEDIA Q10 PRO
(2017-03-03, 11:14)tmihai20 Wrote: @JJMKK: where did you read that? I rooted my Q10 Pro on Lollipop and now on Nougat. It is very easy to do since adb server is running as root on it already. You really do not need root unless you want to use a backup app like Titanium Backup. Everything you can apply (mods and stuff) do not need root. I am backing up mine with Titanium Backup and this is why I am rooting it.

I received an email from HiMedia. They said the Q10 running Nougat can not be rooted.

李秋芳
Feb 24

to me
Sorry, just rechecked with engineer, 7.0 couldn't root,you could only root on 5.1
(2017-03-24, 02:37)JJMKK Wrote:
(2017-03-03, 11:14)tmihai20 Wrote: @JJMKK: where did you read that? I rooted my Q10 Pro on Lollipop and now on Nougat. It is very easy to do since adb server is running as root on it already. You really do not need root unless you want to use a backup app like Titanium Backup. Everything you can apply (mods and stuff) do not need root. I am backing up mine with Titanium Backup and this is why I am rooting it.

I received an email from HiMedia. They said the Q10 running Nougat can not be rooted.

李秋芳
Feb 24

to me
Sorry, just rechecked with engineer, 7.0 couldn't root,you could only root on 5.1

There may be differences in software between Q10 and Q10 Pro. I have Q10 Pro and I can tell you for sure it can (and it is) rooted.
Gadget enthusiast
Kodi player on an oDroid N2 4 GB with latest stable CoreElec
Sony Bravia KD-55XF9005
Help!
Kodi doesn't ask for smb password, so I get "permision denied" when wanting to connect to my shared folder on Windows 10.

How do I get to type in the smb username and password in Kodi 17?

Now I use:
smb://Main-PC/Videofiles/ but the folder requires to have an username and password.
Firmware 2.0.3 has been released for Q10 Pro http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=1865.0
Gadget enthusiast
Kodi player on an oDroid N2 4 GB with latest stable CoreElec
Sony Bravia KD-55XF9005
(2017-04-15, 14:34)tmihai20 Wrote: Firmware 2.0.3 has been released for Q10 Pro http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=1865.0

And how does it work?
Kodi Mediaplayer; Sony KD-55A89 4K Android TV
hello
i would like your help with the HiMedia q10 pro

1. first of all is there a difference between this player and popcorn hour players ?
2. it is recommended to install the new firmware - my uses on the player will be only whatc movie bluray and mkv 1080P and 4k
3, can i install liberelec on the HiMedia q10 pro ?

tnks so much for the help ' it will realy help to decide if to buy this player
Big tip, for what you want Avoid Android all together and just get a no nonsense LibreELEC S905 Kodi box.
Why put an Androud OS noose around your neck if you do not have to. Android just gets in the way.

Android will come with limitations like no Auto Resolution switching from 1080p <<--2160p(4K) plus more...

A simple fix has been posted for the remote control remapping issue introduced with Kodi 17.1:
Disable "Joystick Support" from Add-ons / My add-ons / Peripheral libraries / Joystick Support / Disable

Details courtesy of @pcristi on Futeko forum: http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=1849.0

So far (without video testing) 2.0.3 firmware appears ok but has changed HDD ID's (and kept the drive names) for internal and USB attached drives. This meant new content scans to the Kodi library.
NAS drives and libraries were not affected.
(2017-04-16, 03:01)wrxtasy Wrote: Big tip, for what you want Avoid Android all together and just get a no nonsense LibreELEC S905 Kodi box.
Why put an Androud OS noose around your neck if you do not have to. Android just gets in the way.

Android will come with limitations like no Auto Resolution switching from 1080p <<--2160p(4K) plus more...

tnks for the reply my friend

you have any idea what streamer to choose ?
Work out what Audio and Video features (and Apps) are most important to you, make a list:

Then read through this Q & A:

START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated April 2017)

(2017-04-07, 12:35)trykkertor Wrote: Help!
Kodi doesn't ask for smb password, so I get "permision denied" when wanting to connect to my shared folder on Windows 10.

How do I get to type in the smb username and password in Kodi 17?

Now I use:
smb://Main-PC/Videofiles/ but the folder requires to have an username and password.

If password is required when loading NAS, SMB server, please input account and password and then click OK to save. Otherwise, it is unable to playback videos and directly black screen. If the permissions not correctly set, please turn off password protection;
(2017-04-15, 21:51)big27 Wrote: hello
i would like your help with the HiMedia q10 pro

1. first of all is there a difference between this player and popcorn hour players ?
2. it is recommended to install the new firmware - my uses on the player will be only whatc movie bluray and mkv 1080P and 4k
3, can i install liberelec on the HiMedia q10 pro ?

tnks so much for the help ' it will realy help to decide if to buy this player

It is better to update to the latest version of firmware. Currently the official one is 2.0.3. It fixed the 23.976 frame jetter issue. and ad some new features such as wallposter. The latest firmware of Q10 Pro has preloaded liberelc 17.1 KODI.
Question 
Hi!

This is my setup:
Samsung UHD HDR TV
HiMedia Q10 Pro

I am trying to play a 4K HDR videofile with format HEVC h265 and the only players that plays it are HimediaVideoPlayer, VideoPlayer and MX Player Pro. I tried Kodi and VidON but none of them can handle it.

HimediaVideoPlayer: Always have audio out of sync, no matter what file format or codec you play. How can that not have been fixed by now?

Videoplayer: Have no audio sync problems and plays fine.

MX Player Pro: Can´t handle Dolby Atmos with DTS and AC3 codec installed. I suppose that is normal? Correct me if I´m wrong!
When I play the file in the player I get washed out colors, like de-saturated colors. That is not happening in the other players when playing the same file. If I play a 1080p none HDR file, colors seems to be the same in all players.

So is there anyone here that can sort this out for me cause I am very confused right know. Why is the picture looking so washed out in MX Player Pro?
All true UHD video file are playback fine http://demo-uhd3d.com/, the others fake video "4k HDR" are bad encoding file.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
  • 95(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8