• 24(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
Video 
Really love this MOD Wink used the original Eminence MOD from Guilouz before, also good.

I have a Q:
Is it possible to show Widget Clear art on top of the screen instead of in the widget tile?
Or is it possible to make a on/off switch in de widget skin settings....

And another Q:
In another eminence post I read about Orionics having a new tile shape, but for some reason it isn't possible for me to send him a private message. Anybody knows why that is?
(2017-04-09, 16:44)lusephur Wrote: Bumping up the skin gui will indeed allow the skin to install, but alas that's all. Just tried it on the latest nightly, and the menu items cannot be entered. (Movies, Tv,Settings etc.)
I suspect it might take a bit more than a simple edit of the addons.xml file

Yes, upon looking at the recent changes in the skinning section for Leia, I see that there are several changes that require fixing. The part that's preventing me from going at it now, is that I don't have the time to revisit everything between the nightly builds, and also keep adding new stuff for Krypton.

(2017-04-09, 17:31)manuelriver36 Wrote: Hi everyone, I ask a question, why I can not find a solution, install the Eminence MOD, everything works correctly, but I have problems with the PVR section, the first time I enter everything looks correctly, when I go to a channel, it plays well , The problem is to return to the channel list, only the channel miniature (it is as if it does not load the skin) this happens to me only in the Nvidia Shiled, in the pc walks correctly.

I'm not sure what is going on in the image. It looks as if it's a graphics issue, where the video overlays the skin contents? Can you provide a debug log?

(2017-04-09, 17:32)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: Seems like what caused my party mode crash issues was this mod.

I did some testing, on the same build it crashes when using party mode, it does not when i change the skin.
Looks like it has sth to do with artists slideshow, tho it happened when i just used fanart.

log:
https://pastebin.com/8bsz48rE

I'm unable to reproduce this bug on my PC.

From what I can see inside the log, it would seem that the slideshow isn't able to retrieve the cached thumbnail, which would indicate that it's a caching issue on the device itself. If that's correct, then clearing the cache (the thumbnails folder) might help. It won't delete the artwork itself, only the image cache which is used for faster retrieval. Although, I don't know why this error would cause a crash.

On the other hand, party mode has a troubled history on Android devices. I've read a lot about some issues where the mediaserver locks up on party mode, which seems to have persisted since Isengard. I'm not at all clear on what causes the issue. For many folks it happens when playing a playlist in party mode, but it's fine when playing party mode from the library? Is this also your experience? Does it happen on any other device? Are the log errors always the same?

(2017-04-09, 19:00)Ultimatum Wrote: Really love this MOD Wink used the original Eminence MOD from Guilouz before, also good.

I have a Q:
Is it possible to show Widget Clear art on top of the screen instead of in the widget tile?
Or is it possible to make a on/off switch in de widget skin settings....

And another Q:
In another eminence post I read about Orionics having a new tile shape, but for some reason it isn't possible for me to send him a private message. Anybody knows why that is?

At the moment it's not possible to move the widget art. I'll think about adding in an option after I've seen where some new design elements are going to be.

As for your second query, I think you have too few posts to be able to use the PM.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-04-09, 20:00)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-04-09, 17:31)manuelriver36 Wrote: Hi everyone, I ask a question, why I can not find a solution, install the Eminence MOD, everything works correctly, but I have problems with the PVR section, the first time I enter everything looks correctly, when I go to a channel, it plays well , The problem is to return to the channel list, only the channel miniature (it is as if it does not load the skin) this happens to me only in the Nvidia Shiled, in the pc walks correctly.

I'm not sure what is going on in the image. It looks as if it's a graphics issue, where the video overlays the skin contents? Can you provide a debug log?

Here you go, I can record a video capture, if it is helpful?

https://pastebin.com/8DjVZBaV

Thanks for the help!
(2017-04-09, 20:00)Alanon Wrote: I'm unable to reproduce this bug on my PC.

From what I can see inside the log, it would seem that the slideshow isn't able to retrieve the cached thumbnail, which would indicate that it's a caching issue on the device itself. If that's correct, then clearing the cache (the thumbnails folder) might help. It won't delete the artwork itself, only the image cache which is used for faster retrieval. Although, I don't know why this error would cause a crash.

On the other hand, party mode has a troubled history on Android devices. I've read a lot about some issues where the mediaserver locks up on party mode, which seems to have persisted since Isengard. I'm not at all clear on what causes the issue. For many folks it happens when playing a playlist in party mode, but it's fine when playing party mode from the library? Is this also your experience? Does it happen on any other device? Are the log errors always the same?

It really just happens with your mod, as soon as i change the skin, it plays without crashing.
I tried again, this time deleting thumbnails and textures13.db - same result.
I only use KODI on a Himedia Q10 Pro which has enough oomph to play anything (music is on internal HDD, SATA connected)
Eminence Mod crashes as soon as playback of party mode starts - i reopen Kodi, change skin - party mode plays without issues.
It also only seems to affect party mode playback of playlists, regular album playback didn't cause problems.

latest crash log:
Code:
22:48:54.614 T:18446744071996512544 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: FullscreenDimensions
22:48:55.368 T:18446744071854618912 WARNING: Previous line repeats 3 times.
22:48:55.368 T:18446744071854618912   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting description
22:48:57.622 T:18446744071839418656  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script version 2.0.7 started
22:48:57.622 T:18446744071839418656  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] debug logging set to false
22:49:00.078 T:18446744071829457184  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script version 2.0.7 started
22:49:00.079 T:18446744071829457184  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] debug logging set to false
22:49:00.079 T:18446744071829457184  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script stopped
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
(2017-04-09, 21:35)manuelriver36 Wrote: Here you go, I can record a video capture, if it is helpful?

https://pastebin.com/8DjVZBaV

Thanks for the help!

No video capture is necessary, I know what happens. I believe that the Nvidia Shield has problems handling minimised video windows, and refuses to limit them. I'll try to look into a possible solution.

Have you tried enabling playing video as background? This should remove the small window and place the entire window in the background, which I think might fix your problem. (Skin Settings / Background / Show background video.)

(2017-04-09, 23:04)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: It really just happens with your mod, as soon as i change the skin, it plays without crashing.
I tried again, this time deleting thumbnails and textures13.db - same result.
I only use KODI on a Himedia Q10 Pro which has enough oomph to play anything (music is on internal HDD, SATA connected)
Eminence Mod crashes as soon as playback of party mode starts - i reopen Kodi, change skin - party mode plays without issues.
It also only seems to affect party mode playback of playlists, regular album playback didn't cause problems.

latest crash log:
Code:
22:48:54.614 T:18446744071996512544 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: FullscreenDimensions
22:48:55.368 T:18446744071854618912 WARNING: Previous line repeats 3 times.
22:48:55.368 T:18446744071854618912   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting description
22:48:57.622 T:18446744071839418656  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script version 2.0.7 started
22:48:57.622 T:18446744071839418656  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] debug logging set to false
22:49:00.078 T:18446744071829457184  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script version 2.0.7 started
22:49:00.079 T:18446744071829457184  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] debug logging set to false
22:49:00.079 T:18446744071829457184  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script stopped

After some digging, I was able to get the same error entries, except that everything still works for me in party mode. Which is strange, since all of these are pretty generic errors and shouldn't cause so much trouble. The only difference is I get no GetDirectory error. That error could indicate that some files on your machine can't be retrieved, although this really doesn't mean much, and shouldn't even happen on your set-up. This still wouldn't explain why only this skin.

Have you tried all of the OSD background options, none included? Have you tried the same on the original Eminence? Do you know if this sort of thing happened before, or if it started with a specific skin version? Would you mind removing/resetting the entries that point to the locations of the music and artwork, and trying again? If none of this works, would you mind enabling a full debug log and sending that to me? (System / Logging / Enable debug logging)

I'm sorry for the barrage of questions, I'm really just trying to narrow down the affected area so that I'd have some idea where to start looking into the code. Confused

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Hi Alanon,

A few questions regarding your fantastic kodi skin.

1.) Is there a way to make widgets 'persistent'? I.e not having to load every time you switch menu as I constantly get 'content loading' every time I swtich from Movies, to TV shows, games e.t.c? Not a long load time, but 2-3 seconds with nothing on screen is still annoying even when you flick back and forth between the same slide less than a second apart.

2.) Is there a way to lock or hard code view types for certain slides / menus as it seems not matter which view I select, if I view another menu with a different view it seems to then override the preview view with this one?

Thanks in advanced.
(2017-04-11, 04:00)jdotp Wrote: Hi Alanon,

A few questions regarding your fantastic kodi skin.

1.) Is there a way to make widgets 'persistent'? I.e not having to load every time you switch menu as I constantly get 'content loading' every time I swtich from Movies, to TV shows, games e.t.c? Not a long load time, but 2-3 seconds with nothing on screen is still annoying even when you flick back and forth between the same slide less than a second apart.

2.) Is there a way to lock or hard code view types for certain slides / menus as it seems not matter which view I select, if I view another menu with a different view it seems to then override the preview view with this one?

Thanks in advanced.

1. There is. Just go to Skin Settings / Widgets / Allow widget reloading and uncheck it. This should lock the widgets from reloading constantly. However, there are exceptions to this. Playing a file and returning to home, for example, will still unload them.

2. First off, I'm not sure if I understand what preview view is? In the view selector itself you'll find a button that can lock views based on their content type, for example "Lock View (Episodes)". Clicking on that button will produce a separate window that you can select the view-type from. This should lock the view for the given content type. In my experience this works just fine, because a different content type will have a different setting, so there isn't any mix-up. In practice, this should mean that all your episode windows will have the same view. Almost all content types are available to be locked.

There are some add-ons that can force-lock a view-type based on content irrespective of a skins' own settings. That type of setting can sometimes apply to the library, and sometimes onto the entire skin. When this happens, you can still change the view in the skin, but go to the add-on and back, and it will re-set the view over and over. If you've locked different views in the add-on and in the skin, then we're talking about even more unpredictable behaviour. In such situations it's best to clear the add-on settings and use the skin values exclusively.

(2017-04-10, 10:15)Alanon Wrote: After some digging, I was able to get the same error entries, except that everything still works for me in party mode. Which is strange, since all of these are pretty generic errors and shouldn't cause so much trouble. The only difference is I get no GetDirectory error. That error could indicate that some files on your machine can't be retrieved, although this really doesn't mean much, and shouldn't even happen on your set-up. This still wouldn't explain why only this skin.

Have you tried all of the OSD background options, none included? Have you tried the same on the original Eminence? Do you know if this sort of thing happened before, or if it started with a specific skin version? Would you mind removing/resetting the entries that point to the locations of the music and artwork, and trying again? If none of this works, would you mind enabling a full debug log and sending that to me? (System / Logging / Enable debug logging)

I'm sorry for the barrage of questions, I'm really just trying to narrow down the affected area so that I'd have some idea where to start looking into the code. Confused

Time permitting, i'll try those one by one.
I'll also backup my current setting and rescan everything from scratch.

OSD background options ddin't affect it, i tried every one of them.
It was definitly a problem with every Krypton version and this skin, i tried multiple Krypton versions and evey version of this skin available at that time.

At first i thought it was an issue with the migrated library from Kodi 16.1 to 17, but now i'm just confused. ^^
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
Really good skin, my favorite so far! Good job!

But, please update the installation guide for newbies, I had to reinstall/purge Kodi many times before having a clean theme without bugs.

With the 2 Repo (Alanon & Marcelveldt), the installation was fast, easy & clean. And, this is not very well explained how to do it this way...
Can you add arial font ?
Thanks
Heart 
So I installed EMINENCE 2 last night. I was like damn this got a lot better sense 1.0. After fiddling around a little I thought. I wish it had this and that due Huh
TODAY, I find this mod and it's like I've died and arrived at heaven Angel

show time remaining for custom shutdown at homescreen and OSD, then its perfect.
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?
(2017-04-12, 11:06)TeeVy Wrote: Really good skin, my favorite so far! Good job!

But, please update the installation guide for newbies, I had to reinstall/purge Kodi many times before having a clean theme without bugs.

With the 2 Repo (Alanon & Marcelveldt), the installation was fast, easy & clean. And, this is not very well explained how to do it this way...
Certainly! I'll change it as soon as I can to emphasize the need for Marcel's repo.
(2017-04-13, 09:09)srgstore Wrote: Can you add arial font ?
Thanks
Arial font is already present? You can find it in the Interface section.

(2017-04-13, 16:08)Blackkatt Wrote: So I installed EMINENCE 2 last night. I was like damn this got a lot better sense 1.0. After fiddling around a little I thought. I wish it had this and that due Huh

show time remaining for custom shutdown at homescreen and OSD, then its perfect.

Hello and welcome to the skin! Glad you like it! What do you mean by the time remaining feature? I've never used it before? Where is it currently displayed?

(2017-04-13, 21:01)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-04-13, 16:08)Blackkatt Wrote: So I installed EMINENCE 2 last night. I was like damn this got a lot better sense 1.0. After fiddling around a little I thought. I wish it had this and that due Huh

Hello and welcome to the skin! Glad you like it! What do you mean by the time remaining feature? I've never used it before? Where is it currently displayed?

from the power menu for example, set a custom shutdown. (not sure if i had to add it first) In Kodi's default skin you see time remaining on some places, very useful. As show in these images

https://goo.gl/photos/FEeZjRZF1Mr7snS96
Do you understand?
(2017-04-13, 21:26)Blackkatt Wrote: from the power menu for example, set a custom shutdown. (not sure if i had to add it first) In Kodi's default skin you see time remaining on some places, very useful. As show in these images

https://goo.gl/photos/FEeZjRZF1Mr7snS96

Ah, I see! I'll see about adding it in when I have some time! Wink

hope you can fix this too, look at the two last images there are comments as well https://goo.gl/photos/FEeZjRZF1Mr7snS96

First image you see overlapping on the bottom left. Second image time is shown twice.
Do you understand?
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21