• 32(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
beginning to think that my hd 6000 igpu (nuc i5) isn't nearly enough horsepower to take advantage of what madvr has to offer, other than the absolute bare minimum, which is difficult to perceive... is this a correct assessment or am i doing something wrong? for testing i have a video file open on one screen (full screen) with ctrl+j enabled, and the madvr control panel opened on another (dual monitors), which allows me to see in real time if enabling a given madvr setting produces dropped frames.... unfortunately i'm finding that dropped frames immediately kick in on most of the available madvr settings... the thing is, cpu and memory usage never rises above 50%... but frames drop, often at a rapid rate depending on what setting i try, and the video stream stutters... i'm using windows/64, anniversary, i5 hd 6000, 16 gb memory, latest graphics drivers... is my hardware just too weak for madvr to make much of a difference?
(2017-03-21, 16:03)aeneas1 Wrote: beginning to think that my hd 6000 igpu (nuc i5) isn't nearly enough horsepower to take advantage of what madvr has to offer, other than the absolute bare minimum, which is difficult to perceive... is this a correct assessment or am i doing something wrong? for testing i have a video file open on one screen (full screen) with ctrl+j enabled, and the madvr control panel opened on another (dual monitors), which allows me to see in real time if enabling a given madvr setting produces dropped frames.... unfortunately i'm finding that dropped frames immediately kick in on most of the available madvr settings... the thing is, cpu and memory usage never rises above 50%... but frames drop, often at a rapid rate depending on what setting i try, and the video stream stutters... i'm using windows/64, anniversary, i5 hd 6000, 16 gb memory, latest graphics drivers... is my hardware just too weak for madvr to make much of a difference?

Your GPU is too weak. That doesn't mean you can't enjoy madVR with its default settings. The picture quality will still be superior to Kodi VideoPlayer.
(2017-03-21, 18:55)Warner306 Wrote: Your GPU is too weak. That doesn't mean you can't enjoy madVR with its default settings. The picture quality will still be superior to Kodi VideoPlayer.
"enjoy" may be a bit of stretch, "perhaps see a slight improvement" seems to be more accurate, at least that's been my disappointing experience so far with settings set to default, or when using variations of very low settings... especially when you compare default (or low) settings to the incredible (imo) results you get when using some of the better/advanced settings... even tho i can't get my system to stream video without stuttering and dropping a ton of frames when using better/advanced settings, i can easily see the improved picture quality, it's very impressive, something that the default (or low) settings can't touch, or come close to imo, at least based on the eyeball comparison tests i've done so far...

thing is, as i mentioned before, my system appears to still have plenty of headroom when using some of the more advanced settings, never above 50%, often below 30%, yet streams still stutter horribly as tons of frames are dropped... i would have thought exhausted system resources, i.e. cpu and memory usage at 90%+ would cause this, but apparently not...

anyway thanks a ton for all of the extremely valuable and helpful madvr information you've provided in your posts, just an excellent job!
madVR is mainly using GPU not CPU.

Maybe you've been watching just CPU load?!
Cheers everyone!

Just stumbled on this build after learning about SVP, and it works like a charm! I've got some problems with the setup though...

I want to use ffdshow raw video (for SVP) and the ffdshow audio decoder (mostly because of normalization). Choosing "Internal filters" and adding both as additional filters, only the ffdshow raw video filter is loaded. Choosing "System filters (DirectShow merits)" loads the audio decoder, but not the raw video decoder.
Thus I came to the conclusion: I need to use "Media rules and Filters configuration", but for the life of me, I can't get it to work! Videos won't start to play at all or result into an error message, whatever way I set these rules up...

Can anyone help me out?
(2017-03-31, 08:07)Turnspit Wrote: Cheers everyone!

Just stumbled on this build after learning about SVP, and it works like a charm! I've got some problems with the setup though...

I want to use ffdshow raw video (for SVP) and the ffdshow audio decoder (mostly because of normalization). Choosing "Internal filters" and adding both as additional filters, only the ffdshow raw video filter is loaded. Choosing "System filters (DirectShow merits)" loads the audio decoder, but not the raw video decoder.
Thus I came to the conclusion: I need to use "Media rules and Filters configuration", but for the life of me, I can't get it to work! Videos won't start to play at all or result into an error message, whatever way I set these rules up...

Can anyone help me out?

Try this starter kit. You need to add ffdshow raw and ffdshow audio. But, otherwise, it should play back all of your media.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2LAr9I...sp=sharing
Hello I have a question in regards to audio. Why is the audio volume so low while using Kodi with dsplayer. I have to turn my volume all the way up to have decent volume. When I switch to default kodi player it is back to what it should be.

Should I be using some audio filter to amplify the sound? Or any other settings change that I should try out? I am using Kodi 17.0 Dsplayer with MadVR with default settings on Windows PC. Apologies if this question was already asked and answered. I haven't found an answer though.
(2017-04-16, 18:31)nikhil48 Wrote: Hello I have a question in regards to audio. Why is the audio volume so low while using Kodi with dsplayer. I have to turn my volume all the way up to have decent volume. When I switch to default kodi player it is back to what it should be.

Should I be using some audio filter to amplify the sound? Or any other settings change that I should try out? I am using Kodi 17.0 Dsplayer with MadVR with default settings on Windows PC. Apologies if this question was already asked and answered. I haven't found an answer though.

Install Sanear or Reclock and choose it as the audio renderer. Links for both are provided in the filters section of the guide.
(2017-03-31, 18:12)Warner306 Wrote:
(2017-03-31, 08:07)Turnspit Wrote: Cheers everyone!

Can anyone help me out?

Try this starter kit. You need to add ffdshow raw and ffdshow audio. But, otherwise, it should play back all of your media.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2LAr9I...sp=sharing

Thank you, but I fear I cant follow you?

Replaced these two files, still mkv and other files wont play when selecting media rules...

EDIT:

got it working with the internal filters! just added the ffdshow audio to the internal filtersconfig xml file and edited the internal mediaconfig xml to use ffdshow audio instead of lav. wohoo
Hey !

So i just installed the Kodi DSPlayer + Smooth Video Project to watch my series in 60 fps. Everything working except the audio :

I have multiple audio devices on my PC and in the Kodi settings i have the desired device selected but the audio is coming out of the wrong device. Even in the DSPlayer settings i have selected for audio renderer the desired device but nothing change it kept streaming the audio in my other device. If I change the default device in Windows it's working but I don't want to change this every time i'm watching a series. Any ideas to solve this ?

PS: Sorry for the bad English Smile
(2017-05-03, 17:11)Yaaa Wrote: Hey !

So i just installed the Kodi DSPlayer + Smooth Video Project to watch my series in 60 fps. Everything working except the audio :

I have multiple audio devices on my PC and in the Kodi settings i have the desired device selected but the audio is coming out of the wrong device. Even in the DSPlayer settings i have selected for audio renderer the desired device but nothing change it kept streaming the audio in my other device. If I change the default device in Windows it's working but I don't want to change this every time i'm watching a series. Any ideas to solve this ?

PS: Sorry for the bad English Smile

Are you using ReClock or Sanear? Choose WASAPI output as stated in the guide.
(2017-05-03, 19:19)Warner306 Wrote: Are you using ReClock or Sanear? Choose WASAPI output as stated in the guide.

I'm using ReClock. I tried to change to Wasapi but nothing change.
(2017-05-04, 11:32)Yaaa Wrote:
(2017-05-03, 19:19)Warner306 Wrote: Are you using ReClock or Sanear? Choose WASAPI output as stated in the guide.

I'm using ReClock. I tried to change to Wasapi but nothing change.

I don't know what the problem could be. You should be able to set your device in ReClock (or set it to default) and get sound from that device.
(2017-05-04, 19:30)Warner306 Wrote: I don't know what the problem could be. You should be able to set your device in ReClock (or set it to default) and get sound from that device.

Oh okay i couldn't find the settings tab of ReClock, so I thought there was no such tab. So I just found it but still have one last question : why should i use WASAPI instead of directsound ? Because when i use WASAPI i have this error message and no sound at all :

And i have an another problem : I have some random freeze that I don't have in MPC-HC.
EDIT : I just found the solution for the freeze, i didn't patch the "4GB Patch" from SVP.
(2017-05-04, 20:20)Yaaa Wrote:
(2017-05-04, 19:30)Warner306 Wrote: I don't know what the problem could be. You should be able to set your device in ReClock (or set it to default) and get sound from that device.

Oh okay i couldn't find the settings tab of ReClock, so I thought there was no such tab. So I just found it but still have one last question : why should i use WASAPI instead of directsound ? Because when i use WASAPI i have this error message and no sound at all :

And i have an another problem : I have some random freeze that I don't have in MPC-HC.
EDIT : I just found the solution for the freeze, i didn't patch the "4GB Patch" from SVP.

Install Sanear. Once installed and selected in DSPlayer settings, minimize Kodi and select the Sanear tray icon during playback. Set to WASAPI Exclusive and bitstream.
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR7