• 41(current)
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware
Hi,

I'm also one of the happy owners of a beebox-s kaby lake. I'm reading that some people have some HDR issues but I'm stuck at some audio issues regarding DTS-HD , DTS-X and TrueHD

It seems like my receiver (Onkyo TX-NR646) continously freaks out when I use Audio Passthrough in combination with one of the audio streams above. This happens only when I activate the feature Videos -> playback -> Adjust display refresh rate "always" or "on start /stop".

When I disable this feature The newest HD codecs are working just fine. So I'm sure it has something to do with this Kodi option. Since Kodi is performing some corrections for smoother playback it seems logical that my receiver could freak out about this I guess.

But Tthis raises some questions for me:

- DTS audio passthrough is working fine with the refresh rate setting enabled. I find it odd that only the HD lossless streams are not working.
- Why does other people don't need to use the refresh rate adjustment? Is this because of my television? Should a new television be an option? The one I use now supports Full HD at 60hz. Or do they just don't care that the video stutters sometimes.

Other options are
- Don't use audio passthrough, I will probably don't hear the difference so much with my 5.1 setup? I need to verify this myself
- Use Audio passthrough and disable the DTS-HD and TrueHD .
- Since DTS is working just fine maybe I can ask Kodi to look into this issue?

Best regards,
Stijn
(2017-04-17, 20:11)stinuz Wrote: Hi,

I'm also one of the happy owners of a beebox-s kaby lake. I'm reading that some people have some HDR issues but I'm stuck at some audio issues regarding DTS-HD , DTS-X and TrueHD

It seems like my receiver (Onkyo TX-NR646) continously freaks out when I use Audio Passthrough in combination with one of the audio streams above. This happens only when I activate the feature Videos -> playback -> Adjust display refresh rate "always" or "on start /stop".

When I disable this feature The newest HD codecs are working just fine. So I'm sure it has something to do with this Kodi option. Since Kodi is performing some corrections for smoother playback it seems logical that my receiver could freak out about this I guess.

But Tthis raises some questions for me:

- DTS audio passthrough is working fine with the refresh rate setting enabled. I find it odd that only the HD lossless streams are not working.
- Why does other people don't need to use the refresh rate adjustment? Is this because of my television? Should a new television be an option? The one I use now supports Full HD at 60hz. Or do they just don't care that the video stutters sometimes.

Other options are
- Don't use audio passthrough, I will probably don't hear the difference so much with my 5.1 setup? I need to verify this myself
- Use Audio passthrough and disable the DTS-HD and TrueHD .
- Since DTS is working just fine maybe I can ask Kodi to look into this issue?

Best regards,
Stijn

nothing to do with Kodi, it's a Linux kernel/driver issue with any device with the same Megachips DP->HDMI converter chip. HD audio streams aren't passing thru properly, so we just have to wait until there's an upstream fix/patch. It's being worked on / tested daily, I can tell you that
(2017-04-12, 20:47)p750mmx Wrote:
(2017-04-12, 20:41)movie78 Wrote: Can you send the link for that driver (22.20.16.4629)?
Of-course .. [click], this should be manual installed, there is no "setup.exe".
Mind sharing a working link as the one mentioned appears to be down.

Sent from my HTC 10
(2017-04-20, 16:07)fmedrano1977 Wrote:
(2017-04-12, 20:47)p750mmx Wrote:
(2017-04-12, 20:41)movie78 Wrote: Can you send the link for that driver (22.20.16.4629)?
Of-course .. [click], this should be manual installed, there is no "setup.exe".

Sent from my HTC 10 (typie typie)
Google give you no answer on that? Wink http://members.iinet.net.au/~michaeldd/I...20WHQL.rar
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
Don't use that GFX driver, it cause flickering and pixelation
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2017-04-20, 16:22)p750mmx Wrote:
(2017-04-20, 16:07)fmedrano1977 Wrote:
(2017-04-12, 20:47)p750mmx Wrote: Of-course .. [click], this should be manual installed, there is no "setup.exe".

Google give you no answer on that? Wink http://members.iinet.net.au/~michaeldd/I...20WHQL.rar
Google gave me something but em, I have trust issues. [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my HTC 10
(2017-04-20, 16:25)movie78 Wrote: Don't use that GFX driver, it cause flickering and pixelation
No flickering and (more) pixelation visible with my setup, but HDCP 2.2 seems to be broken with 22.20.16.4629, so I use the final 21.20.16.4627 (WDDM 2.1) drivers.
Still no official WDDM 2.2 drivers from Intel for 7th generation iGP's.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
I'm getting an annoying flicker or signal drop, when using HDMI 2.0 and setting res to 4K@60Hz on my Beebox-S 7100. Dropping the refresh rate to 30Hz or removing the Intel drivers and setting res to 4K@60Hz and everything is fine. My AVR x2300 and UN65JS8500 both support 4K@60Hz so I can't figure it what's the issue.

Sent from my HTC 10
(2017-04-21, 21:21)fmedrano1977 Wrote: I'm getting an annoying flicker or signal drop, when using HDMI 2.0 and setting res to 4K@60Hz on my Beebox-S 7100. Dropping the refresh rate to 30Hz or removing the Intel drivers and setting res to 4K@60Hz and everything is fine. My AVR x2300 and UN65JS8500 both support 4K@60Hz so I can't figure it what's the issue.

We should wait for the official installable update from Intel. Version .29 is even somewhat older then the .27 which is released as an stand-alone update where .29 is a package that came by Windows update and that could be a Insider driver, not for the Final release of the Creators Update. I suspect that Intel will release an CU WDDM 2.2 version soon.
This flickering is driving me mad.

What Driver version has the most stability?
in Feburary I had an NUC and i was not able to passthrough some DTD HD stuff to my AVR. Some stuff worked once i set HDMI to main out in BIOS. Wondering if that will work now ... I heard that the bios of that HDMI 2.0 thing fixed it. There were some threads at Intel support which came to the point that the issue was resolved. Can someone test with my new nightly of Libreelec:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ar_eIBtD4lGqg85_iDGvRCjP6xkc7g
PowerDVD 17 playes most of the HDR video i have on my NUC7i3

The challange i have is it woudnt play the associated audio attached to the video! the audio option greys out in settings while playing a HDR video. for normal non HDR 4K video i dont have any such challange.

My LG oled tv shows the HDR logo when power dvd goes fullscreen so i am sure it sending the metadata to the tv. i tried connecting the NUC directly to tv as well as through my AVR but same issues, no audio.

just seeking out if anyone else is on the same boat as mine.

i jave tried the latest driver for HD620 as well as the beta driver couple of page back

any help would be highly appreciated!
(2017-04-25, 08:53)sajib Wrote: PowerDVD 17 playes most of the HDR video i have on my NUC7i3

The challange i have is it woudnt play the associated audio attached to the video! the audio option greys out in settings while playing a HDR video. for normal non HDR 4K video i dont have any such challange.

My LG oled tv shows the HDR logo when power dvd goes fullscreen so i am sure it sending the metadata to the tv. i tried connecting the NUC directly to tv as well as through my AVR but same issues, no audio.

i jave tried the latest driver for HD620 as well as the beta driver couple of page back

Have you updated the HDMI Firmware?

Sent from my HTC 10
(2017-04-25, 10:10)fmedrano1977 Wrote:
(2017-04-25, 08:53)sajib Wrote: PowerDVD 17 playes most of the HDR video i have on my NUC7i3

Have you updated the HDMI Firmware?

Yeap updated to 1.66

Very weird that all other files work for audio it's just any file with HDR

And I haven figured out a way to view HDR video with MadVR or kodi yet..
http://qdms.intel.com/dm/i.aspx/629F99C8...418-00.pdf

Quote:The Intel® NUC Kit SKUs listed in the products affected table below will have the following changes.

1. The Intel NUC Kit digital microphone (DMICS) array circuit has been improved. The DMICS
consists of dual front facing digital microphones located on the front panel of the NUC kit.

2. The HDMI Firmware will be updated from version 1.63 to version 1.66 to enhance operation.

That makes life easier for Kaby Lake NUC buyers that want to use on Linux, no need to install Win10 to flash to HDMI firmware 1.66.
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware3