Bug Tuner no longer available
17 Beta 7 , Now RC also.

I got npvr working great natively and on windows + kodi but want to use my shield instead.

The problem I am having is when I change channel on the shield I get a no tuner available error some of the time both with timeshift enabled and disabled.

Looks as though it is specific to android + nextpvr.

Any ideas?

Its seems to be mainly when changing channels by pressing the numbers directly rather than navigating the guide.
Martin replied to your post on the same topic at the NextPVR forums.
Tested spmc on the same nvidia machine and this particular issue does not exist, and the channels change fine.

I note however different versions kodi and the nextpvr plugin. Looking at the logs what is to blame? kodi or the pvr addon? and is it possible to try an older verison of the pvr addon with the beta kodi or will they be incompatible?

All my devices share a mysql db and I want to keep the same version of Kodi hence not wanting to go down the spmc route just yet.
Is this related:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/4a03...5d995cf921
Given it's working correctly for you in Windows+Kodi, and in spmc, I'd have to guess it's something odd with the Android version of Kodi. Sorry, I'm not sure what that might be - I don't have any Android devices here.
I tried Kodi 18 to see what it did and channel change via number input works fine, so whatever it is seems particular to 17 + Android.

Fingers crossed what ever is different can be back ported before the final release of Krypton.

Many thanks to the developers for their time.
Bug 
Just wondering if anyone from Team-Kodi had been able to replicate this to confirm it is a known issue?
Same with RC3
Hi,

I only recently setup a basic testsystem running nextpvr on windows 10.
I have encountered this issue once.

Removing/Reinserting the usb tuner didnt help and it only came back alive after a complete reinstall of npvr.
Hasnt happened again and i hope it stays that way.

Only posting as it might not be limited to android.

\edit Let me withdraw that, just learned that 'no tuner available' is actually a very generic error
How I get rid of this I right click on Restart Recording Services and then the the channel works.I have so meny problems with this addon,if I pause the live tv for more than 10 mins Kodi freezes I have a MXQ TV Box and I use it for watching TV with NextPVR,NEXTPVR is buggy as hell,it not that great,its got a habit of freezing Kodi 16 and 17.1.then I have to force close Kodi then boot it again.its a pain the but.

So the new name is Helpful..Wink
AVer Media DVB-T USB2.0 X2 ( 2 Tuners) and MXQ PRO G9CX(for TV only) With Kodi 17.1 Krypton running Windows Media Center and ServerWMC on Windows 10 Pro 1703 build 15063.138.

I love Kodi,been using it for years when it was called Xbox Media Center (XBMC),I still have it on my Xbox Original.I still have the first version on it.

Kodi is "Helpful" in a lot of ways..:)
(2017-04-17, 14:52)spannernick1 Wrote: How I get rid of this I right click on Restart Recording Services and then the the channel works.I have so meny problems with this addon,if I pause the live tv for more than 10 mins Kodi(It will always be XBMC to me,I have no connection to Kodi,[ko-di] as a girls' name (also used as boys' name Kodi) is pronounced KO-dee. It is of American origin, and the meaning of Kodi is "helpful"
Read more at http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/0/...2vQYR.99To me its just a name.I have XBMC on my Xbox1 and Kodi reminds me of the Kodi TV Boxes)freezesI have a MXQ TV Box and I use it for watching TV with NextPVR,NEXTPVR is buggy as hell,it not that great,its got a habit of freezing Kodi 16 and 17.1.then I have to force close Kodi then boot it again.its a pain the but.

So the new name is Helpful..Wink
I couldn't care less what you think of the Kodi name. It's nothing to do with my NextPVR application or addon. Big Grin

If you want to reproduce the problem, and post the logs, we'll take a look.
It might be a Kodi problem cos Kodi freezes,or Kodi can't read the time shift video ts file..

One more question..Why are the like 5 different files for ITV for time shift..

live-ITV-9672-3.ts
live-ITV-9672-3-20.ts
live-ITV-9672-3-21.ts
live-ITV-9672-3-22.ts
live-ITV-9672-3-23.ts

This might be the problem with it ,it can't find the right file to play after pausing it for 5 mins or more..?
AVer Media DVB-T USB2.0 X2 ( 2 Tuners) and MXQ PRO G9CX(for TV only) With Kodi 17.1 Krypton running Windows Media Center and ServerWMC on Windows 10 Pro 1703 build 15063.138.

I love Kodi,been using it for years when it was called Xbox Media Center (XBMC),I still have it on my Xbox Original.I still have the first version on it.

Kodi is "Helpful" in a lot of ways..:)
(2017-04-20, 17:17)spannernick1 Wrote: It might be a Kodi problem cos Kodi freezes,or Kodi can't read the time shift video ts file..

One more question..Why are the like 5 different files for ITV for time shift..

live-ITV-9672-3.ts
live-ITV-9672-3-20.ts
live-ITV-9672-3-21.ts
live-ITV-9672-3-22.ts
live-ITV-9672-3-23.ts

This might be the problem with it ,it can't find the right file to play after pausing it for 5 mins or more..?
Why are the like 5 different files for ITV for time shift? Because you can't delete the beginning of a file, so instead it creates a series of files covering the last 20 minutes or so, each covering about 5 minutes, and it then deletes the oldest one when it's no longer required.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tuner no longer available1