• 25(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
(2017-04-15, 19:25)Blackkatt Wrote: hope you can fix this too, look at the two last images there are comments as well https://goo.gl/photos/FEeZjRZF1Mr7snS96

First image you see overlapping on the bottom left. Second image time is shown twice.

As far as the bubble goes, consider it fixed. It will still display when seeking, since that's the primary function of the bubble.

The second bit is tricky. I was aware it was going on, just never sure what to do about it. The problem is the space for all this info is limited in the skin, so overlaps like this are possible. Since no one can predict how long playing titles can be, it's pointless to just hide a couple of flags (As a sort of quick fix, you have a skin option to hide the duration flags, this should give you more room in general.). It'll work for this example, but not for many, many others. Making the flags smaller is also not a very elegant solution. Perhaps making all of them invisible during playback might be the best option?

What do you think?
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
well, that "infobar/string" in my opinion should be on the top anyways, cause when u have playback it overlaps the subs and what not :p and I want my mediaflags LOL
let me make an image real quick, we can see if its doable.

if u check the link again I've added a new image with a suggestions. There is plenty of room for the mediaflag to go above instead or move the infobar above
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?
Hello Alanon
Your modification PVR "now / next" is not work. The menu is ok but there is no information in it.
Just wanted to say thank you to Alanon for reviving this skin mod, easily my favourite skin and I'm really grateful.

Thanks for all your hard work Smile
(2017-04-16, 17:01)Blackkatt Wrote: well, that "infobar/string" in my opinion should be on the top anyways, cause when u have playback it overlaps the subs and what not :p and I want my mediaflags LOL

if u check the link again I've added a new image with a suggestions. There is plenty of room for the mediaflag to go above instead or move the infobar above

I saw the new images. The only problem is that the user ratings are directly below the clock. I moved them there to release some space around the flags. So with that, there's not much room left for the info to sit comfortably. I'm still thinking on what's best, and I'm a bit stumped. I could place it above the clock, but that's just too much clutter.

(2017-04-18, 22:00)kowalmisiek Wrote: Hello Alanon
Your modification PVR "now / next" is not work. The menu is ok but there is no information in it.

I was afraid something like this might happen. With the PVR Demo Client, the info works. I used the default Krypton strings for the information. As far as I know, it should work whenever that info is being filled, since there's no better way to display this info. Is it possible that there are differences between PVR clients?

Can other PVR users check please?

(2017-04-19, 21:40)dave2 Wrote: Just wanted to say thank you to Alanon for reviving this skin mod, easily my favourite skin and I'm really grateful.

Thanks for all your hard work Smile

You're welcome! Big Grin

I'm stretched thin at the moment with MA commitments, but you can rest easy - progress is slow, but ongoing.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
I don't know but my client pvr is tvheadend. I checked on several channels and lack of information. How can I help you?
Wink 
(2017-04-19, 21:51)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-04-16, 17:01)Blackkatt Wrote: well, that "infobar/string" in my opinion should be on the top anyways, cause when u have playback it overlaps the subs and what not :p and I want my mediaflags LOL

I saw the new images. The only problem is that the user ratings are directly below the clock. I moved them there to release some space around the flags. So with that, there's not much room left for the info to sit comfortably. I'm still thinking on what's best, and I'm a bit stumped. I could place it above the clock, but that's just too much clutter.

Perhaps the rating stars could go on the posters? they could go anywhere really. Could be one star with numbers in it. Also I've noted if your show is a favorite, the "watched icon" is replaced, me don't like. please move the favorite icon. Or make it optional. Perhaps the "unwatched count" could go on the poster as well? like with the Titan skin. It's better that way so you don't have to move your eye site (lose focus) EMINENCE 2's design and Titans features, that would be a skin made in heaven Angel these are all suggestion ofc. This is not, I notice the other day that ratings on the "info page" don't show vote count, please tell me that's just an oversight?

Or I could do all of this myself if you tell me what .xml files to look in? I had a look the other day but it's hard to find when the debug info just tells you MyVideos.xml Rolleyes don't have the patience or energy to get into it. Long time ago I was set out to make a Titan skin mod. It last for months then I got fed up with the repetition of "creating" a skin Nod so I do commend/respect all of you skinners. You have a boring job, still you do it Wink
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?
Hello

Will it be possible to add thumbnail view for home screen widget. Prefer that to posters for episodes.

Many thanks
@Alanon,

info for TV shows and movies isn't working.

Thanks
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
(2017-04-21, 06:38)kowalmisiek Wrote: I don't know but my client pvr is tvheadend. I checked on several channels and lack of information. How can I help you?

Hmmm. Could you give me a screenshot? Perhaps a log when something is playing?

(2017-04-21, 20:18)zenyatta80 Wrote: Hello

Will it be possible to add thumbnail view for home screen widget. Prefer that to posters for episodes.

Many thanks

Yes, but I can't say as to when. Blush

(2017-04-22, 05:28)Blurayx Wrote: @Alanon,

Thanks

What do you mean? I've just tried to access the info and ExtendedInfo, and everything is working as it should?

(2017-04-21, 07:54)Blackkatt Wrote: Perhaps the rating stars could go on the posters? they could go anywhere really. Could be one star with numbers in it. Also I've noted if your show is a favorite, the "watched icon" is replaced, me don't like. please move the favorite icon. Or make it optional. Perhaps the "unwatched count" could go on the poster as well? like with the Titan skin. It's better that way so you don't have to move your eye site (lose focus) EMINENCE 2's design and Titans features, that would be a skin made in heaven Angel these are all suggestion ofc. This is not, I notice the other day that ratings on the "info page" don't show vote count, please tell me that's just an oversight?

Or I could do all of this myself if you tell me what .xml files to look in? I had a look the other day but it's hard to find when the debug info just tells you MyVideos.xml Rolleyes don't have the patience or energy to get into it. Long time ago I was set out to make a Titan skin mod. It last for months then I got fed up with the repetition of "creating" a skin Nod so I do commend/respect all of you skinners. You have a boring job, still you do it Wink

Well, as far as the ratings and stuff goes, the main problem I have with all these alternatives is that I'm crap at making the image files needed to support them. Sadly, I can't just take some images from the internet, they have to match the overall skin look. My original plan was to have them with the flags, but I was unable to find a compact rating image system. The current ratings and their placement were simply the best I was able to come up with. I'm always open to suggestions and improving the user experience, but my abilities are simply limited in some areas. Of course, if you are able to find/make some new images, then we can talk at length on all the options presented to us.

The rating and votes are indeed missing from the info page, since there's no space for them. It shows the TMDB, IMDB and Metacritic ratings, if/when available. If not, only then you'll have rating + votes. This was done for two reasons. One was to conserve space, since when there are a lot of votes, it can take up the place of two regular ratings. And two, these values don't really update once scraped. The Skin Helper values are retrieved using their apis, and should be more up to date, minus the votes. The display in other info-heavy views is the scraped rating, with the votes hidden. In any case, modifying both these values should be a matter of editing a few lines of code to match your preferences. Let me know if you'd like me to tell you where.

As for the favourites icon - what? I've never had that happen. I've just added some watched shows to my favourites, and nothing's changed? I've only ever seen 4 icons used in that area - default unwatched (empty circle), in progress (arrow in the circle), watched (check-mark in the circle), and new (star in the circle). The "new" designation disappears after some time has passed, and the episode is no longer new. Granted, I've never been much of a favourites user, so perhaps I'm doing something wrong? Would you mind taking a screen-shot? Big Grin

Now, a rant about the skin structure. Tongue

Since the watched/unwatched indicators have selectable colours and whatnot, they are all dealt with in a block. That means you have a background with a colour overlay, and on it rests an icon variable. In most cases, all this is set as a block include. Now, where these watched/unwatched elements will be placed depends on the view being used and the specific space available in it. So in some cases, like in the RightList view, the poster is on the opposite side of the screen, so it makes sense why the indicators are with the text. In some other views (like in PosterList, I believe) it's already placed on the poster. So, any change you'd like (me) to make will depend on the view in question. A further complication is that a great number of list-based views have the same list include. So removing the indicators from the list template will result in their removal from all such views. Also, the poster is usually a template include. So adding an element to a poster might result in it being added to various other views, including those with list template includes. And so a small, innocuous change turns in to a mess. That's why it needs to be dealt with on a view per view basis, to see what is possible, and what are the consequences.

(2017-04-22, 08:09)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-04-22, 05:28)Blurayx Wrote: @Alanon,

Thanks

What do you mean? I've just tried to access the info and ExtendedInfo, and everything is working as it should?

Update
I had to arrow-up on the keyboard to get info. I thought I had to click or press enter on the keyboard.is this correct.

Arrow-up

If I press enter for more info

For ExtendedInfo

would it be possible to add two icons, one for info and one for ExtendedInfo

Thanks
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
(2017-04-22, 12:10)Blurayx Wrote: I had to arrow-up on the keyboard to get info. I thought I had to click or press enter on the keyboard.is this correct.

Thanks

First off, let me say that everything seems to be working as it should. Arrow up or the i key gets you the info. Either that or enabling the info on pause option. In that case you will see it pop up whenever you pause the video.

As far as the i icon, I removed the extendedinfo from it because it wasn't working at all, and for some reason I couldn't fix it. I replaced it with this feature, because it was useful. Of course, I can try again when I have some time.

The default behaviour of the info screens is to always lead you to the internal info screen first. From it you can click the extendedinfo button that will lead you directly to the EI screen.

(2017-04-22, 12:24)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-04-22, 12:10)Blurayx Wrote: I had to arrow-up on the keyboard to get info. I thought I had to click or press enter on the keyboard.is this correct.

Thanks

First off, let me say that everything seems to be working as it should. Arrow up or the i key gets you the info. Either that or enabling the info on pause option. In that case you will see it pop up whenever you pause the video.

As far as the i icon, I removed the extendedinfo from it because it wasn't working at all, and for some reason I couldn't fix it. I replaced it with this feature, because it was useful. Of course, I can try again when I have some time.

The default behaviour of the info screens is to always lead you to the internal info screen first. From it you can click the extendedinfo button that will lead you directly to the EI screen.
Ok, thanks Smile
Hi Alanon, did you checked all ready the missing animation effect for the rss bar on the home screen? I have checked in in default Eminence, and there is it working, so maybe you can have a look in that code.. Any idea when we can expect an update?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5 met Tapatalk
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21