• 77(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
(2017-04-19, 10:05)sunnyfunny Wrote: It is not even 100% sure can Apollo Lake can be HDR at all.

MCDP28x0 (Apollo Lake) support High Dynamic Range (HDR) imaging
http://www.megachips.com/products/displayport/MCDP28x0
If I play a HEVC 10bit file with Apollo Lake / Kaby Lake and these builds, will it play on a standard 1080p tv. obviously wont get all the dynamic range and benefits but will i be able to watch the files at least?
(2017-04-21, 12:30)Dr.Feelgood Wrote: What is the disadvantage of using the DVI output for audio pass-thru only? Just buy one of those Asrock ITX boards and use the DVI out for audio. Cannot understand why is it so much focus on the HDMI output and audio pass-thru when there is very simple solution by using the DVI for audio only instead. Use the HDMI for video and DVI for audio, works like a charm for all formats ...

That works in some set-ups, but if you are routing all sources through your HDMI 2.0 AVR it doesn't solve the issue. It works if you can separately route HDMI 2.0 video to your TV, and HDMI 1.4 to your AVR - not everyone can do this, and it certainly has issues if you have non-tech family members.
(2017-04-21, 12:30)Dr.Feelgood Wrote: What is the disadvantage of using the DVI output for audio pass-thru only? Just buy one of those Asrock ITX boards and use the DVI out for audio. Cannot understand why is it so much focus on the HDMI output and audio pass-thru when there is very simple solution by using the DVI for audio only instead. Use the HDMI for video and DVI for audio, works like a charm for all formats ...
And how you will handle this when using an AV-Receiver? Put additional HDMI Cables to TV and Beamer?

No good solution in my eyes!
As the NUC have optical , would optical to receiver work and hdmi to TV ?
(2017-04-18, 23:59)mule1 Wrote:
(2017-04-17, 15:09)PauleFoul Wrote:
(2017-04-06, 23:08)mule1 Wrote: But there is some hope now as we have found one very good Intel supporter on the Intel NUC forums who already made the FW updates for the DP2HDMI2.0 converter chip from Megachips possible..
This guy just wrote: "So as you all say, bitstreaming through LibreElec didn't work fro me either. I've opened an engineering order for them to look at this. I'll let you all know the progress."
Fingers crossed that he knows the right guys in the Inteluniverse to solve the Linux issues.
Any news from this "Intel-Guy"?
Sorry, no news yet. But he wrote that he will be absent for some little time from the support forum. Hopefully some news will arise in the next days.
Sorry to tell but the "Intel Guy" yesterday told that his internal contacts were of no help. So he is not able to help us further regarding this issue. But piotrasd wrote that he is in contact with Intel and is trying to debug/investigate the reason for the issue.
For my setup (asrock j3455 htpc), the only thing missing is the HDR support on kodi. I hope we will get it in near future.
(2017-04-20, 19:59)czombos Wrote:
(2017-04-19, 10:05)sunnyfunny Wrote: It is not even 100% sure can Apollo Lake can be HDR at all.

MCDP28x0 (Apollo Lake) support High Dynamic Range (HDR) imaging
http://www.megachips.com/products/displayport/MCDP28x0

What has the MCP chip to do with the Intel hardware?
As long as the Intel video engine can not process an HDR signal, it does not matter what the MCP chip can.
Living Room: ASRock J3455 , 8GB RAM, Sandisk SSD 120GB, LibreELEC Testbuild,- Pioneer VSX-930 - Sony KD-65XD7505
Test HDR Setup: Bqeel M9Cmax (S905X 2GB RAM, 16G Flash) LibreElec HDR 10Bit Build Test6 from johngalt
R.I.P. DAD: 17.06.1952 - 21.01.2017
(2017-04-21, 14:49)Sniffer77 Wrote: As the NUC have optical , would optical to receiver work and hdmi to TV ?
Is not possible to put HD-Audio-Formats over optical output. Too little bandwidth...
(2017-04-21, 15:19)Valter84 Wrote: For my setup (asrock j3455 htpc), the only thing missing is the HDR support on kodi. I hope we will get it in near future.
Someone report after win10 creator update, HDR is working with win10's own Movies&TV player.
Please confirm.
(2017-04-22, 04:28)dumpling Wrote:
(2017-04-21, 15:19)Valter84 Wrote: For my setup (asrock j3455 htpc), the only thing missing is the HDR support on kodi. I hope we will get it in near future.
Someone report after win10 creator update, HDR is working with win10's own Movies&TV player.
Please confirm.

How to check?
I can only will trust in the eyes. In comparison with Kodi of color more juicy. It seemed to me that is even more juicy, than in PowerDVD 17
(2017-04-22, 08:22)DenisDA Wrote: How to check?
I can only will trust in the eyes. In comparison with Kodi of color more juicy. It seemed to me that is even more juicy, than in PowerDVD 17

One can check with an "info" menu from a display device. In this case, an Epson TW8300 projector.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-digital...st52401225

check the difference in "color format"
This is no HDR

This is with HDR
Does anyone know if the Beelink ap42 with N4200 cpu have the megachip displayport adapter?

http://www.cnx-software.com/2017/03/02/b...-ssd-slot/
Quote:Video Output – HDMI 1.4 up to 4K @ 30 Hz
Audio – 3.5mm headphone jack and HDMI

^^

Edit: Seems they created such a fucked up bios that linux won't work at all on it ... no need to support those "yet another broken box" guys.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-04-22, 14:30)dumpling Wrote:
(2017-04-22, 08:22)DenisDA Wrote: How to check?

One can check with an "info" menu from a display device. In this case, an Epson TW8300 projector.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-digital...st52401225

check the difference in "color format"
This is no HDR

This is with HDR

I have LG 49UB850V - Info only Screen resolution
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9