• 248(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
There is no addon section in system setting any more.

There is a new section for the Main Menu called APPS.

If you do not see this then either enable and/or reset the APPS menu item in the Aeon Nox Menu Customizer
I have recently updated my Kodi box ( A Raspberry Pi running OSMC) from Jarvis to Krypton.
I use Aeon Nox 5 as skin, changelog file shows it's v5.9.4.

All works as expected except the busy dialog.
Previously when Kodi was busy doing something it was showing a bar
at the top of the screen with a spinning wheel or a progress bar,
now instead I see a semi-transparent black screen with a 'Working...." text covering everything.

Is this the Krypton way (on Aeon Nox) to show that Kodi is busy, or is some component missing after the upgrade?
I'd really like to go back the previous behaviour.

Thanks
(2017-04-02, 07:39)bitbanger Wrote: I have recently updated my Kodi box ( A Raspberry Pi running OSMC) from Jarvis to Krypton.
I use Aeon Nox 5 as skin, changelog file shows it's v5.9.4.

All works as expected except the busy dialog.
Previously when Kodi was busy doing something it was showing a bar
at the top of the screen with a spinning wheel or a progress bar,
now instead I see a semi-transparent black screen with a 'Working...." text covering everything.

Is this the Krypton way (on Aeon Nox) to show that Kodi is busy, or is some component missing after the upgrade?
I'd really like to go back the previous behaviour.

Thanks

This screen has changed indeed. For non-pi's it doesn't show the text but a spinning circle. The spinning circle is costly on the pi, causing stuttering animations. You can check DialogBusy.xml and invert the System.Platform.Linux.RaspberryPi booleans to get the spinner.
(2017-04-02, 08:37)BigNoid Wrote: This screen has changed indeed. For non-pi's it doesn't show the text but a spinning circle. The spinning circle is costly on the pi, causing stuttering animations. You can check DialogBusy.xml and invert the System.Platform.Linux.RaspberryPi booleans to get the spinner.
Thanks! I did try what you suggested and at least with a Raspi 3 the spinner looks decent.
(2017-03-31, 05:23)mikeSiLVO Wrote: There is no addon section in system setting any more.

If you do not see this then either enable and/or reset the APPS menu item in the Aeon Nox Menu Customizer

Instead of APPS having it's own menu entry, isn't it possible to place the Add-ons Browser in a submenu under Settings for instance? I can't seem to fin the Add-ons browser anywhere when trying to add it to a submenu.
(2017-04-11, 10:28)djon Wrote:
(2017-03-31, 05:23)mikeSiLVO Wrote: There is no addon section in system setting any more.

Instead of APPS having it's own menu entry, isn't it possible to place the Add-ons Browser in a submenu under Settings for instance? I can't seem to fin the Add-ons browser anywhere when trying to add it to a submenu.

I think this is one of the changes for the worst, I may be wrong but I am guessing it is a Kodi 17 change that we have to live with.

My convoluted method to browse addons is press 's' on the keyboard or 'System' from the main menu.

Then choose System >Add-ons >Running (on the right hand side) >'..' (double dot to go back one level) and there is 'My Addons', which you can set as a shortcut and add to a sub-menu. Nowhere near as easy to get to as Kodi 16.1.
Default submenu shortcuts under apps section has all the main addon sections. So it should be pretty quick to get to where you want from the home screen.
Before you could only access it through settings or through the submenu under system, now only through apps section or the submenu under apps. It's really not a loss of any functionality, it just moved places.
For the minimalist who'd like as few menu entries in the home screen as possible, it is annoying though that an APPS menu entry is needed.
Why not add it to the system submenu or add it to favourites? If it's not available as predefined shortcut, add a custom one with
Code:
ActivateWindow(Addonbrowser)
I can't find it as a predefined one, so that custom trick was what I needed. Thanks!
"Unwatched" in submenu on both TV shows and Movies, takes me to "Videos: Unwatched". This is list of unwatched Movies. I can't seem to make the "Unwatched" submenu entry for "TV shows" actually display Unwatched TV show(s) episodes. Any pointers?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
Oh, I forgot to add: Unlike changes to filters, sorting etc under "TV shows" and "Movies" (main menu entry), changes to these things in (either) "Unwatched" submenu, does not stick. So I'm at a loss on how to make "Unwatched" under "TV Shows", actually display such.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
great Skin,

can sombody explain me for what are the "Live TV" widget and how can i use it?
(2017-04-20, 16:17)Harald654 Wrote: great Skin,

can sombody explain me for what are the "Live TV" widget and how can i use it?
It's for the Kodi PVR functionalities: Look at the wiki to start http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR
and check the related Kodi forum area: http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167
After the recent update, I've had to add this again, is there no way of adding it as a default?

I've used Aeon Nox for years and I normally add a line to the variables.xml so that if a show doesn't have a Season poster, it will fall back to the Show poster. Otherwise you're left with the ugly white folder on a black background.

<value condition="Container.Content(seasons) + IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(season.poster))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(tvshow.poster)]</value>
  • 248(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537