• 105(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
(2017-04-26, 21:34)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-04-26, 20:47)MidKnight Wrote: which was the latest build with multi rar support before it was dropped?

#0408 - native rar support dropped in #0409.

thanks Milhouse, Why was it pulled, its been with xbmc since the early xbox days?, do you know if multi rar support is going to come back?
(2017-04-27, 01:18)MidKnight Wrote:
(2017-04-26, 21:34)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-04-26, 20:47)MidKnight Wrote: which was the latest build with multi rar support before it was dropped?

#0408 - native rar support dropped in #0409.

thanks Milhouse, Why was it pulled, its been with xbmc since the early xbox days?, do you know if multi rar support is going to come back?

As per the title of PR11912 included in #0408, it's cleaning up (ie. removing) native functionality that can instead be provided by addons.

Since #0412 I've been including the vfs.rar addon - disabled by default - which in theory should allow you to access rar content, however it doesn't seem to work as far as I can tell.

As of build #0424, sftp is now in the same boat as rar - native support removed, replaced by the vfs.sftp addon (included in the build, disabled). I've no idea if it works or not, as I'm unable to test it.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-04-27, 01:49)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-04-27, 01:18)MidKnight Wrote:
(2017-04-26, 21:34)Milhouse Wrote: #0408 - native rar support dropped in #0409.

As per the title of PR11912 included in #0408, it's cleaning up (ie. removing) native functionality that can instead be provided by addons.

Since #0412 I've been including the vfs.rar addon - disabled by default - which in theory should allow you to access rar content, however it doesn't seem to work as far as I can tell.

As of build #0424, sftp is now in the same boat as rar - native support removed, replaced by the vfs.sftp addon (included in the build, disabled). I've no idea if it works or not, as I'm unable to test it.

fingers X'd its back and fully functional soon..
where can I find this vfs.rar addon anyway?
(2017-04-27, 02:03)MidKnight Wrote: where can I find this vfs.rar addon anyway?

Addons > Addons browser > My add-ons > Virtual filesystems > RAR archive support
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-04-27, 02:28)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-04-27, 02:03)MidKnight Wrote: where can I find this vfs.rar addon anyway?

Addons > Addons browser > My add-ons > Virtual filesystems > RAR archive support

thanks.. for what ive picked up, seems it supports a single rar archive, just not multi parts
I created two folders with test RAR files (based on an old Psych.S05E12.Dual.Spires.HDTV.XviD-FQM.avi sample I had lying around):

\singlepart\Psych.S05E12.Dual.Spires.HDTV.XviD-FQM.rar

and

\multipart\Psych.S05E12.Dual.Spires.HDTV.XviD-FQM.part1.rar
\multipart\Psych.S05E12.Dual.Spires.HDTV.XviD-FQM.part2.rar
\multipart\Psych.S05E12.Dual.Spires.HDTV.XviD-FQM.part3.rar
\multipart\Psych.S05E12.Dual.Spires.HDTV.XviD-FQM.part4.rar
\multipart\Psych.S05E12.Dual.Spires.HDTV.XviD-FQM.part5.rar

With #0408, when navigating to either folder (via Video > Files) Kodi lists a single file in each folder (\singlepart\Psych.S05E12.Dual.Spires.HDTV.XviD-FQM.rar, and \multipart\Psych.S05E12.Dual.Spires.HDTV.XviD-FQM.part1.rar), which can both be played (after unpacking).

However with later builds, these files are no longer playable. No RAR support, obviously.

So I enabled vfs.rar, and now both folders appear empty - no RAR files are listed at all, so the add-on doesn't work for me.

I've mentioned it to spiff, and tried to contact @seo but got no reply.
(2017-04-27, 03:01)Milhouse Wrote: I created two folders with test RAR files (based on an old Psych.S05E12.Dual.Spires.HDTV.XviD-FQM.avi sample I had lying around):

\singlepart\Psych.S05E12.Dual.Spires.HDTV.XviD-FQM.rar

and

\multipart\Psych.S05E12.Dual.Spires.HDTV.XviD-FQM.part1.rar
\multipart\Psych.S05E12.Dual.Spires.HDTV.XviD-FQM.part2.rar
\multipart\Psych.S05E12.Dual.Spires.HDTV.XviD-FQM.part3.rar
\multipart\Psych.S05E12.Dual.Spires.HDTV.XviD-FQM.part4.rar
\multipart\Psych.S05E12.Dual.Spires.HDTV.XviD-FQM.part5.rar

With #0408, when navigating to either folder (via Video > Files) Kodi lists a single file in each folder (\singlepart\Psych.S05E12.Dual.Spires.HDTV.XviD-FQM.rar, and \multipart\Psych.S05E12.Dual.Spires.HDTV.XviD-FQM.part1.rar), which can both be played (after unpacking).

However with later builds, these files are no longer playable. No RAR support, obviously.

So I enabled vfs.rar, and now both folders appear empty - no RAR files are listed at all, so the doesn't work for me.

I've mentioned it to spiff, and tried to contact @seo but got no reply.

i just tried it myself, and theres some that play, while others don't, so just seems pretty buggy atm, but hopefully they get it sorted out soon
I'll include the latest versions of vfs.rar and var.sftp in these builds, however if there's no interest in supporting these add-ons from the developer or anyone that submits PRs on his behalf that removes native functionality for non-working add-ons, then I don't think I'll bother including them for much longer. Spiff asked me to include the sftp and sacd add-ons the other day, so let's see how that goes.
actually I think it might be working ok.. seems some that aren't under the database, but if I go to file view it works, ive tried a update and clean, seems to have added a few dublicates, but doesn't seem remove anything, so ill drop the database and scan a new one in again and see what happens.. will let you know
(2017-04-27, 03:21)MidKnight Wrote: actually I think it might be working ok.. seems some that aren't under the database, but if I go to file view it works, ive tried a update and clean, seems to have added a few dublicates, but doesn't seem remove anything, so ill drop the database and scan a new one in again and see what happens.. will let you know

My only test files are not in my database, they exist only as files under Video > Files, but don't appear in the directory listing at all if the vfs.rar add-on is enabled (all I see is "..")

With vfs.rar DISABLED (build #0426):

With vfs.rar ENABLED (build #0426):

These files worked in #0408, but don't now. Fortunately I don't use RAR files... Smile
if I look at them as you are, I don't see each rar file, but I see the main video file, which has always been the case.. I'm rebuilding the database now, and so far, its looking good Smile
heres what ive found so far..

scan item into library, reboot, then when try to play it, it pops up with file is no longer available, would you like to remove it....

then go back to settings>media>videos>Movies, and then play the same video, and it works..

then, go back to the library again, and that same video now works..
also if you run a library update, they play again
This is what I get with #0408:

Singlepart:

then click on the RAR file...

then click on the AVI file...

and once unpacked, it would play.

Same with Multipart and #0408:

But with the vfs.rar addon, none of this works as the files are not even listed.
  • 105(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24