• 79(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
(2017-04-27, 17:33)Dr.Feelgood Wrote: How about if you connect both DVI and HDMI to the receiver? You passthru video as normal and chose other input for playing audio? You just choose what audio output to use for audio passthru in Kodi/LE.
Can you have two HDMI inputs active at the same time on a AVR? You can assign audio input for a particular HDMI source, but I'm not sure whether you can select another HDMI source as the audio input.
(2017-04-27, 18:39)wesk05 Wrote:
(2017-04-27, 17:33)Dr.Feelgood Wrote: How about if you connect both DVI and HDMI to the receiver? You passthru video as normal and chose other input for playing audio? You just choose what audio output to use for audio passthru in Kodi/LE.
Can you have two HDMI inputs active at the same time on a AVR? You can assign audio input for a particular HDMI source, but I'm not sure whether you can select another HDMI source as the audio input.
I believe there should be one input that is always connected as video passthru, or could be configured as such. On mine i can passthru video to the TV and listen to other input from the receiver. That is the scenario here as well. Only passthru video thru one HDMI inptut to HDMI out to TV/Projector and use another HDMI input for audio passthru.
(2017-04-27, 19:24)Dr.Feelgood Wrote: I believe there should be one input that is always connected as video passthru, or could be configured as such. On mine i can passthru video to the TV and listen to other input from the receiver. That is the scenario here as well. Only passthru video thru one HDMI inptut to HDMI out to TV/Projector and use another HDMI input for audio passthru.
I know you can select the video source for audio only inputs. I haven't tried it with two audio+video sources. Does the DVI output only carry audio on these Asrock boards? I have the Asrock Z270 Gaming/ITX board which doesn't have a DVI output. So, I can't try this out.

"On mine i can passthru video to the TV and listen to other input from the receiver" Is this a audio only source or audio+video source? What brand AVR are you using?
(2017-04-27, 21:09)wesk05 Wrote:
(2017-04-27, 19:24)Dr.Feelgood Wrote: I believe there should be one input that is always connected as video passthru, or could be configured as such. On mine i can passthru video to the TV and listen to other input from the receiver. That is the scenario here as well. Only passthru video thru one HDMI inptut to HDMI out to TV/Projector and use another HDMI input for audio passthru.
I know you can select the video source for audio only inputs. I haven't tried it with two audio+video sources. Does the DVI output only carry audio on these Asrock boards? I have the Asrock Z270 Gaming/ITX board which doesn't have a DVI output. So, I can't try this out.

"On mine i can passthru video to the TV and listen to other input from the receiver" Is this a audio only source or audio+video source? What brand AVR are you using?

"Blank other displays" in Kodi should do the trick so you only have audio thru DVI. There are receivers which can act as HDMI-switch and ones that always passthru video from dedicated input. I'm not using the HDMI passtrhu from my Apolo Lake due to my old receiver is only capable of HDMI 1.4, but i had other Android box connected to the HDMI on the receiver and if i remember correctly i could passthru it to the TV and could watch video and listen to TV audio while simultaneously playing other input HD audio on my receiver, Pioneer VSX922.
Sry didn't follow quiet a while. Are Windows driver meanwhile capable to output more than 8bit and even of not, is it possible to decode at least by.2020 without the color errors which I have in librelec?!

Edit: found the information 4 sides before this here. Thanks. Answer is no to both.
(2017-04-27, 19:24)Dr.Feelgood Wrote:
(2017-04-27, 18:39)wesk05 Wrote:
I believe there should be one input that is always connected as video passthru, or could be configured as such. On mine i can passthru video to the TV and listen to other input from the receiver. That is the scenario here as well. Only passthru video thru one HDMI inptut to HDMI out to TV/Projector and use another HDMI input for audio passthru.

The amps I've owned implement pass-through in a different way. They leave the last selected HDMI input routed to the output when 'off' (in reality they can't be off as the output matrix is still routing...) so that the last selected HDMI source is 'passed through' to the display(s) connected to the AVR.

I've not seen a consumer HDMI system that effectively lets you decode audio from one HDMI input but pass-through the video for a second input directly to a display.
(2017-04-30, 08:42)flyingernst Wrote: Sry didn't follow quiet a while. Are Windows driver meanwhile capable to output more than 8bit and even of not, is it possible to decode at least by.2020 without the color errors which I have in librelec?!

Edit: found the information 4 sides before this here. Thanks. Answer is no to both.

10bit output works with Kodi DSplayer and madVR
(2017-04-30, 13:49)noggin Wrote: The amps I've owned implement pass-through in a different way. They leave the last selected HDMI input routed to the output when 'off' (in reality they can't be off as the output matrix is still routing...) so that the last selected HDMI source is 'passed through' to the display(s) connected to the AVR.

I've not seen a consumer HDMI system that effectively lets you decode audio from one HDMI input but pass-through the video for a second input directly to a display.
I have seen AVRs that can passthrough the last input and also ones where you can select the input for passthrough in standby mode. Like you, I have never come across an AVR that allows you to select audio/video sources from different HDMI inputs. Since I don't have experience with every single AVR that is out there, I won't say that no such AVR exists Wink
May you send me a link how to configurate?! Thanks

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk
(2017-04-30, 18:48)JasonLA Wrote:
(2017-04-30, 08:42)flyingernst Wrote: Sry didn't follow quiet a while. Are Windows driver meanwhile capable to output more than 8bit and even of not, is it possible to decode at least by.2020 without the color errors which I have in librelec?!

10bit output works with Kodi DSplayer and madVR

What I see with the drivers built in the Windows 10 Creators update and MPC-BE is the same thing I saw before, video buffer has just 8 bits per component, even though the target surface has 10 bits.

DSplayer is using the same DS infrastructure as MPC-BE I presume. So if you somehow achieved full 10 bit chain from Input to Display, I'm also interested to know how you did it.
(2017-05-03, 17:05)oo.viper.oo Wrote: What I see with the drivers built in the Windows 10 Creators update and MPC-BE is the same thing I saw before, video buffer has just 8 bits per component, even though the target surface has 10 bits.

DSplayer is using the same DS infrastructure as MPC-BE I presume. So if you somehow achieved full 10 bit chain from Input to Display, I'm also interested to know how you did it.

Oh, I just saw, that my receiver showed 36bit as output.
See some pages before....
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-05-03, 19:12)JasonLA Wrote:
(2017-05-03, 17:05)oo.viper.oo Wrote: What I see with the drivers built in the Windows 10 Creators update and MPC-BE is the same thing I saw before, video buffer has just 8 bits per component, even though the target surface has 10 bits.

Oh, I just saw, that my receiver showed 36bit as output.

Big difference between 10/12 bit output and 10/12 bit transparent path... You can't assume because the output is 10 bit that the playback path is entirely 10 bit...
Hello All,

I have been researching this thread and have decided to purchase the ASRock J4205-ITX for my HTPC build. I believe that it will accomplish all that I need but would appreciate some confirmation prior to my purchase. Most of the talk in this thread has revolved around features that I do not need at this time(i.e. 4k, HD Audio, LE)

Here is what I need out of the J4205 that will be running Win 10 and Kodi

1 - 1080p via HDMI along with 2.0 Stereo sound to TV
2 - 5.1 Audio(AC3(DD) and DTS) via the Optical Out
3 - Win 10 Netflix app output 5.1 audio via optical

I know these features sound like a no brainer to those who use HTPC's all the time but this will be my first HTPC and I can't afford to get it wrong.

Thanks!
(2017-05-04, 05:35)insomniac125 Wrote: Hello All,

I have been researching this thread and have decided to purchase the ASRock J4205-ITX for my HTPC build. I believe that it will accomplish all that I need but would appreciate some confirmation prior to my purchase. Most of the talk in this thread has revolved around features that I do not need at this time(i.e. 4k, HD Audio, LE)

Here is what I need out of the J4205 that will be running Win 10 and Kodi

1 - 1080p via HDMI along with 2.0 Stereo sound to TV
2 - 5.1 Audio(AC3(DD) and DTS) via the Optical Out
3 - Win 10 Netflix app output 5.1 audio via optical

I know these features sound like a no brainer to those who use HTPC's all the time but this will be my first HTPC and I can't afford to get it wrong.

Thanks!

I would advise against the optical out as it's controlled by separate Realtek ALC892 and might cause audio delay & sync issues. Also you lose "all HD audio" as optical cannot handle those.
DVI -> HDMI for audio out works as discussed before.
J3455-ITX is somewhat cheaper and it's excellent for Kodi, no need for 4205 for any video/audio playback.
Do you need Win 10 for anything else? Otherwise try Libreelec, much faster and lighter, i boot LE from USB stick and have Win 10 on the disk, but seldom use Win anymore.
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9