Looking for a developer to help with Krypton Back navigation
Hi there,

First - I hope it is OK to post this on the forum. I did not see any rules against paying for Kodi development. If I am violating any rules, kindly let me know and I will ceratinly not do it again.

Basically I am looking to hire a Kodi developer to fix the issue with "going back after selecting an addon from the homescreen".

I am using Xonfluence skin, and the Helly, the skin developer, has confirmed that the issue cannot be solved with the skin, as it is the underlying Kodi code.

In Jarvis, once a shortcut was clicked, from the homescreen, pressing the back button would return to the home screen. In the Krypton release, after selecting a shortcut from the menu and pressing back, instead of going back home it actually goes back a step in the directory. I've tried this with multiple skins and have gotten the same result.
For example, take creating a shortcut for trending youtube videos with the youtube add on. While in the home menu for a given skin, I select Youtube Trending, suppose I change my mind and want to go back a step, if I press the back button I would expect it to go to the main home menu as it did in Jarvis, now, pressing back takes me a step back in the directory for the add on , showing me the add-on menu (in this case 'Sign in', 'Popular right now', 'Search', 'Browse Channels', etc).

The issue is discussed here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=312727
and here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=306301

While I have submitted this as a bug, and I am more than willing to spend my time to help solve this, I don't have the coding skills to fix this myself. What I can offer however, is to pay for someones time.

I know that Kodi is mostly done by donation of peoples time coding, and people have precious little time these days.

If anyone is interested, kindly send me a PM.

Thanks!!
Ken
what kind of remote are you using? I'm asking, because your problem could be solved by simply assigning the home window to a long press of the back button (if your remote does support long press).
That would be the easiest also it sounds like the directory link do not have ,return in them as this would take back the way you entered and back to the main directory.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
(2017-04-30, 09:48)da-anda Wrote: what kind of remote are you using? I'm asking, because your problem could be solved by simply assigning the home window to a long press of the back button (if your remote does support long press).

The problem is not being able to access back so wouldn't be fixed by that, but back not operating as it did previously, not sure if this is by intention or a bug, but can be easily reproduced with Youtube addon.
(2017-04-30, 10:00)smitchell6879 Wrote: That would be the easiest also it sounds like the directory link do not have ,return in them as this would take back the way you entered and back to the main directory.

Not that either, directory links including the , return that should give you the return to entry place behaviour are not working.
Hey all,
Sorry for the delay!
Yeah just mapping a long back will not work in my case. I just need Kodi to deal with the Back function the same way it did previously.

I'm surprised this hasn't caused more discussion to date. It is a pretty fundamental feature of all skins..

Cheers,
Ken
Is there anyone specific on the Kodi dev team that I should contact for something like this?

Cheers,
Ken
File a bug on Trac?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I had a look at the code for this, it looks doable.

From what I can see "return" is being ignored when building the back history when a media window is activated.

GUIMediaWindow.cpp
CGUIMediaWindow::SetHistoryForPath

SetHistoryForPath builds hthe full back history recursively all the way back to the root based on the path the window is viewing. This ignores the "return" param.

I have some changes I can submit as a PR but I need to get another PR sorted out first as I did a stupid thing and submitted a pull request from my forked master branch, now I am stuck until I get that PR finished.
Hey null! That sounds like exactly what is happening.

If you know how to fix this, and can get it in a PR sometime soon, I'm happy to send you a donation. Do you have a link like paypal.me?

Cheers,
Ken
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12050
Thanks null!

Looks like another developer commented and it needs to be tested... Awesome progress!!!

Cheers,
Ken
this might take a while to work out the best way forward, I am happy to stick with it, at the end of the day there are a lot of good devs that know way more than me about the code base, I am happy to get a much feedback as I can on how we can fix this properly.
That is wonderful news, thanks so much! No rush :-)

I am happy to help out in any way I can, although I am not a coder. I can test compiles and builds for you.

Cheers,
Ken
Hey again Null, this functionality worked fine in Jarvis, but no idea at what point in Krypton it got changed...

Cheers,
Ken

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for a developer to help with Krypton Back navigation0