• 27(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
ok. thanks!
other issues/questions
1...when the jewel case is enabled my album art isnt resizing to fit inside it. the artist clearartlogo isn't in the info panel in the musicOSD. and the cdart doesnt show. only the blankcd. do i have to have the artwork exactly like you have laid out? because right now I have them all consolidated in a separate folder and it reads from there currently but with some errors.
2....when i pull up the info from the home screen on a widget the window is very transparent so its very difficult to see the bottom row of buttons. is this adjustable? if so where?
3...this is minor but still bothering my ocd-ness. In the settings page its just showing a flat background color rather than artwork from the settings widget background i have set. basically its not showing like yours here

thanks for the help. love the skin
(2017-05-03, 04:38)jmurph116 Wrote: How do I access a more diverse list of widgets on this skin? I'm only seeing the common widget listing for title, genre, etc. Nothing like random, trending, unmatched, etc.

The skin itself has no custom-made widgets. Everything that's available is there thanks to either the Skin Helper Service, ExtendedInfo, or Library Data Provider add-ons. From your comment, I'd say that what you need should be located in the Default Widgets/Playlists, or Default Widgets/Library Data Provider. Provided, of course, that you have the add-on installed.

When I click on default widgets it just gets stuck on loading the directory listing
How do you change the Info text color in the netflix view? its the same as sub-titles so it will change if i change su-titles text color but i want them to be two separate colors.
Hey Alanon,

I kinda forgot about those changes you told me to test. Did you manage to add them to the main addon?

By the way the change was the ability to remove the 'Media Center' Text and the Icon completely. Because every time I remove it it comes back. I tried adding two spaces but that doesn't always work.

Let me know

Thanks
Does anyone know where the backup skin is stored? I've backed it up and but can't find the backup.

There isn't an option anywhere that allows me to change the folder.

Also how do I stop the Spotlight? I've tried turning off the Widget. Widgets -> Fallback Widge = None and also unticked the Allow Widget Reloading. But everytime I change my profile it comes back on.
To stop a widget you have to set a background. Selecting just "none" does not turn it off.
I'm having an issue with the 'Movies' home screen tile. For some reason it's not showing any background fanart when I have this tile selected and set to Random Movies.

Under the Skin Settings, I have the Movies menu item Background set to '(Skin Playlist) Random Movies,' but it only shows black. When I set it to something like (Skin Playlist) Unwatched Movies or (Skin Playlist) New Movies, the background fanart works, but I would rather it show the fanart for all my movies in a random order. The (Skin Playlsit) Random TV Shows works fine, so I'm not sure why the Random Movies one doesn't.

Also when I go into Movies, the Spotlight section is empty. For TV it shows unwatched episodes. Is there any way to fix this, or have the Spotlight show something else? Thanks.
(2017-05-07, 21:18)LittleNemo512 Wrote: To stop a widget you have to set a background. Selecting just "none" does not turn it off.

It already has a background mate. there's two options when I've got the same image set.
@desibuoy: The fixes were implemented, and they work for me every time. The only sure way of turning of the icon is by switching it off. The main menu text dissapears even with just one space?

As far as the Spotlight widget, it seems to me to be a problem with proper writing of skin settings. It might be that when you change a profile, the None entry gets re-filled and defaults to the default value, which is the Spotlight widget. Basically, I'd reccomend ensuring that all you profile settings are identical in this regard. You would also need to go to the specific menu shortcuts settings, and under the menu's "Widget" setting, select "None" instead of "Fallback widget". This should ensure that even if something resets within your fallback set-up, the menu itself won't invoke the fallback widget.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-05-07, 21:34)ticketwire Wrote: I'm having an issue with the 'Movies' home screen tile. For some reason it's not showing any background fanart when I have this tile selected and set to Random Movies.

Under the Skin Settings, I have the Movies menu item Background set to '(Skin Playlist) Random Movies,' but it only shows black. When I set it to something like (Skin Playlist) Unwatched Movies or (Skin Playlist) New Movies, the background fanart works, but I would rather it show the fanart for all my movies in a random order. The (Skin Playlsit) Random TV Shows works fine, so I'm not sure why the Random Movies one doesn't.

Also when I go into Movies, the Spotlight section is empty. For TV it shows unwatched episodes. Is there any way to fix this, or have the Spotlight show something else? Thanks.

As you've noticed, the backgrounds operate on the basis of custom playlists, and this is no different than any other skin that uses such backgrounds. The idea is to have Kodi make up a list of files, then rotate their fanart in a seamless fashion. However, the larger the library, the longer it takes to sort all of them in a random order, and you need more juice from your PC.

For example, I have a couple hundred films in my library, and it takes me about 30 seconds to see any image after setting up the backgrounds. That's just how long my ageing PC needs to populate the playlist and start showing me the fanart. But, after that, everything works as it should. By relaxing some playlist rules, I was able to speed things up, but not by much. I'd imagine that this time will vary based on the rig, with stronger set-ups having no delay whatsoever. I have no idea what might happen on Linux or Android...

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-05-07, 23:01)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-05-07, 21:34)ticketwire Wrote: I'm having an issue with the 'Movies' home screen tile. For some reason it's not showing any background fanart when I have this tile selected and set to Random Movies.

As you've noticed, the backgrounds operate on the basis of custom playlists, and this is no different than any other skin that uses such backgrounds. The idea is to have Kodi make up a list of files, then rotate their fanart in a seamless fashion. However, the larger the library, the longer it takes to sort all of them in a random order, and you need more juice from your PC.

For example, I have a couple hundred films in my library, and it takes me about 30 seconds to see any image after setting up the backgrounds. That's just how long my ageing PC needs to populate the playlist and start showing me the fanart. But, after that, everything works as it should. By relaxing some playlist rules, I was able to speed things up, but not by much. I'd imagine that this time will vary based on the rig, with stronger set-ups having no delay whatsoever. I have no idea what might happen on Linux or Android...

I don't think it's an issue with my library size. I only have about 20 movies and TV shows, and Random TV fanart background loads instantly, as does Movies when it's not set to the Random playlist. My PC also has high-end specs so that shouldn't be an issue either.

It seems to be an issue specifically with the Random Movies playlist, since background fanart shows for other Movie playlists. I'm pretty sure the movies are in this playlist, because I can view the playlist content when I go to Playlists -> Video add-ons -> Skin Helper Service Widgets -> Movies -> Random movies

Are there any steps I can take to figure out why the background fanart doesn't work with this playlist?

EDIT: I've solved the issue by creating a new custom playlist that contains all my movies and sorting it by random. I was then able to apply this playlist as the Movies background.

I'm still not sure why the 'Spotlight' for my Movies is empty. I'm not sure what the Spotlight is supposed to contain or how I can manage its settings.
(2017-05-07, 23:36)ticketwire Wrote: EDIT: I've solved the issue by creating a new custom playlist that contains all my movies and sorting it by random. I was then able to apply this playlist as the Movies background.

I'm still not sure why the 'Spotlight' for my Movies is empty. I'm not sure what the Spotlight is supposed to contain or how I can manage its settings.

I was about to suggest editing the existing playlist to remove some rules, but this has the same effect. Glad to see you've solved it! It seems that what caused issues for you was the rule stating that displayed films mustn't have been played in the last two weeks.

The Spotlight is essentially a Random items widget with a fancy name. There are no settings and there's no specific way to "do" anything with the widget. Honestly, it's a relic of a bygone age, a time when widgets were too few and rather uninteresting. The Spotlight was at that time quite a sight.

By now, I've forgotten if there's a playlist behind it, though I think not. The Spotlight is now simply a default widget, it's there only until you desire to change it to a more suitable one, or as a fallback widget.

I'm unclear as to where you're having problems, though. Inside a Movies Hub?

EDIT: I've already deleted the rule inside the skin playlist, just in case. It'll be up in a couple of days, along with some other minor stuff...

(2017-05-07, 23:57)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-05-07, 23:36)ticketwire Wrote: EDIT: I've solved the issue by creating a new custom playlist that contains all my movies and sorting it by random. I was then able to apply this playlist as the Movies background.

I was about to suggest editing the existing playlist to remove some rules, but this has the same effect. Glad to see you've solved it! It seems that what caused issues for you was the rule stating that displayed films mustn't have been played in the last two weeks.

The Spotlight is essentially a Random items widget with a fancy name. There are no settings and there's no specific way to "do" anything with the widget. Honestly, it's a relic of a bygone age, a time when widgets were too few and rather uninteresting. The Spotlight was at that time quite a sight.

By now, I've forgotten if there's a playlist behind it, though I think not. The Spotlight is now simply a default widget, it's there only until you desire to change it to a more suitable one, or as a fallback widget.

I'm unclear as to where you're having problems, though. Inside a Movies Hub?

EDIT: I've already deleted the rule inside the skin playlist, just in case. It'll be up in a couple of days, along with some other minor stuff...

For future reference, where can I modify the Skin's playlist rules like you did?

Also I understand now that the Spotlight is the 'Hub widget,' so I was successfully able to customize the playlist in there to my liking. Thanks!
(2017-05-07, 22:39)Alanon Wrote: @desibuoy: The fixes were implemented, and they work for me every time. The only sure way of turning of the icon is by switching it off. The main menu text dissapears even with just one space?

As far as the Spotlight widget, it seems to me to be a problem with proper writing of skin settings. It might be that when you change a profile, the None entry gets re-filled and defaults to the default value, which is the Spotlight widget. Basically, I'd reccomend ensuring that all you profile settings are identical in this regard. You would also need to go to the specific menu shortcuts settings, and under the menu's "Widget" setting, select "None" instead of "Fallback widget". This should ensure that even if something resets within your fallback set-up, the menu itself won't invoke the fallback widget.

Yeah ignore the Icon, that was working. Sorry. The media text still doesn't work. Yes It disappears but IF I was to - 1. Restart Kodi/Shield, 2. Change Profiles.

So yeah It always reappears back Sad

I didn't understand how to keep both the profile settings the same, so I'll just uninstall it and redo it It's weird but Thanks.
(2017-05-08, 00:31)ticketwire Wrote: For future reference, where can I modify the Skin's playlist rules like you did?

Also I understand now that the Spotlight is the 'Hub widget,' so I was successfully able to customize the playlist in there to my liking. Thanks!

To edit the playlists, simply go to the skin folder extras/playlists. Open the desired file with a good editor, and there you have it.

Oh, and a small tip about the hubs - you also have the ability to designate a widget per every hub item. The spotlight will change the widget whenever you highlight a hub item.

(2017-05-08, 00:58)desibuoy Wrote: Yeah ignore the Icon, that was working. Sorry. The media text still doesn't work. Yes It disappears but IF I was to - 1. Restart Kodi/Shield, 2. Change Profiles.

So yeah It always reappears back Sad

I didn't understand how to keep both the profile settings the same, so I'll just uninstall it and redo it It's weird but Thanks.

That seems strange. I'll shake the tree some more, and see what falls out.

• 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21