• 28(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
This is a stunning skin. It's absolutely amazing.

I have a couple issues that i'm trying to get worked out.

is it possible to make the extended info mod use the default view (like you would see if you just launched the script itself)?

Also, i can't seem to get the weather widget to work (in the regular version (requires resource.images.weatherfanart.multi the first picture below)

Default widgets > Video add-on locks up (here is my error log https://pastebin.com/zy08UZmJ second picture below)

also, is there a donation link?

Thanks so much for your help.

also, for some reason, the info button doesnt' seem to work for me (the arrow pointing in this photo)

@wonslung: Hello, thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you like the skin. Blush

The ExtendedInfo add-on has a setting, called something like "Force native view". Enabling that should provide you with exactly what you wanted.

The weather widget in the mod also requires the proper resources selected - in this case, you need to go to the "Resources" section and pick out the required fanart and also any given weather icon pack. After that, it should simply be a matter of setting-up the widget as you would any other, in the skin shortcuts settings.

The info button is a quirky case. It toggles the info displayed in the info panel of the OSD, the options being the plot info or the actors slide. The idea was to provide an almost EI feel without having to call to the add-on itself, since that was broken. The info panel in question can be reached by going Up from the playback buttons, or by selecting the option "Show info on pause" in the skin settings. In any case, when the panel is visible, you should see a change when you press the button. For an illustration of what I'm talking about, you can look at the screen-shot gallery in the first post.

The issue with various screens of Skin Helper locking up is a recurring Kodi bug that's been around for years. The problem is very complex, and has to do with the way Kodi and various add-ons deal with the BusyDialog, and accessing other add-ons while an add-on window is open. Add to that the complexities of various Kodi skins, and the way they might handle various windows, and you get a potent mix. While the situation has gotten better with Krypton, it still manages to crop up, rather inconveniently. The only solution I can think of is making sure you have the very latest, beta versions of Marcel's add-ons. If all else fails, perhaps clearing all your previous SH settings will do the trick.

As far as donations are concerned, at the moment, the answer is no, simply because I haven't found an easy enough way of setting it up. Confused
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Hi Alanon,

So I installed a fresh skin on my second profile and still unable to use it. Skin backup isn't available, checked going under Necessary Addons and unable to select the Skin Backup and install it.

I tried to delete the profile and create a new one (Create Profile, left blank for folder) and then Fresh settings, and copy Media. Installed Skin and the same thing. Unable to use backup and the skin backup is not installed under Necessary Addons.

Both times, I clicked on Restore Skin Settings from File and it just doesn't do anything. I want to copy the same skin and settings from my Master to my second one.

Any idea's?

Thanks
(2017-05-08, 20:32)desibuoy Wrote: Hi Alanon,

So I installed a fresh skin on my second profile and still unable to use it. Skin backup isn't available, checked going under Necessary Addons and unable to select the Skin Backup and install it.

I tried to delete the profile and create a new one (Create Profile, left blank for folder) and then Fresh settings, and copy Media. Installed Skin and the same thing. Unable to use backup and the skin backup is not installed under Necessary Addons.

Both times, I clicked on Restore Skin Settings from File and it just doesn't do anything. I want to copy the same skin and settings from my Master to my second one.

Any idea's?

Thanks

The Skin Helper Backup add-on is absolutely needed for backups and restores to work. Do you have access to Marcel's Beta repo? The add-on should have installed automatically if you followed the installation instructions in the first post. You can always download and install the backup add-on manually from Marcel's GItHub repo, you have the individual links to all the dependencies in the first post as well. If all else fails, download the zip and install it that way.

As far as the backups are concerned, their location is determined by a setting in the Skin Helper add-on. The default path is listed as addon_data/script.skin.helper.skinbackup in my set-up. In there I have several packed backups in zip folders. That's also the place where the add-on searches for available backups to restore.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Hi Alanon, any progress on the vertical version? Blush
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
Hi all, beautiful skin, i need some help.
I wanted to change the color of the title of the movie I'm seeing now is fuchsia, where do I find the settings to change it? (Attached photo) http://imgur.com/a/RKe6H

Thanks
Hi to all and congrats for this great skin,

I would like to comment some strange thing it's happening to me. The issue is the widget disappears when I use specific settings to show posters on every widget. If this option is enabled on the label or show posters on up there's no problem but when I disable the option the widget disappears. Also when I disable the show posters option in main widgets setting menu I can see all widgets again. What I want to do is have some widgets with show posters activated and some not. Thanx for help and sorry about my bad english.
Hrm, i tried to post a new question but it must not of worked.

Anyways, for some reason i'm getting a weird jibberish look when i try to open some menus.

It's not even the color settings i have for the skin....any idea what's going on here?

(2017-05-10, 08:17)wonslung Wrote: Hrm, i tried to post a new question but it must not of worked.

Anyways, for some reason i'm getting a weird jibberish look when i try to open some menus.

It's not even the color settings i have for the skin....any idea what's going on here?

Had a similar problem. I changed my view to "Posters with info" and this solved this.
@Alanon

Plot outline working great on every thing except widgets. When plot outline is selected, the widget still displays full plot. Not a major issue just me being picky.

[request] I wouldn't mind being able to use the library editor script, any chance you can add it to the context menu?

[request] I use to use a plugin called 'SimplePlaylists', I'd add stuff to custom playlists and have them as shortcuts on my submenu or as a custom video node. Any chance you can add this to the context menu?
(2017-05-10, 11:23)xinput Wrote:
(2017-05-10, 08:17)wonslung Wrote: Hrm, i tried to post a new question but it must not of worked.

Had a similar problem. I changed my view to "Posters with info" and this solved this.

This is happening on several that don't seem to have all the views....I can go to the "enable/disable views" and see tons but only see a view in the actual context menu

This happens no matter what view i select....it doesn't seem to happen for the library but it happens on most video addons
(2017-05-08, 21:14)Raitsa Wrote: Hi Alanon, any progress on the vertical version? Blush

I'm in the process of migrating to a new PC, and that means a lot of files going back and forth. Kodi will be the last thing I move, and all that will take time to set-up. So far I have a non-working version. xD The original idea I had for the vertical menu, with the animations and all, seems to be overly complex to implement, so I'll have to simplify, if I ever wish to release it.

(2017-05-09, 09:31)Scarab_38 Wrote: Hi all, beautiful skin, i need some help.
I wanted to change the color of the title of the movie I'm seeing now is fuchsia, where do I find the settings to change it? (Attached photo) http://imgur.com/a/RKe6H

Thanks

There is no way to change every skin text individually, only in groups, and by certain criteria. You can check your settings in the "Colours" section of the skin (see text colour, accent colour, things like that), and see if fuchsia is set anywhere. If it is, simply set a different colour, and problem solved!

That's a graphical glitch present when add-ons are loading. Basically, the skin has remembered (or the add-on has told it) to load some view, and often more than one view, but there's no actual content. No idea how to fix it, but it doesn't inhibit anything content-wise. When the add-on actually loads, so will a proper view. It's only during the waiting you can sometimes see this.

(2017-05-09, 17:59)rusterboy77 Wrote: Hi to all and congrats for this great skin,

I would like to comment some strange thing it's happening to me. The issue is the widget disappears when I use specific settings to show posters on every widget. If this option is enabled on the label or show posters on up there's no problem but when I disable the option the widget disappears. Also when I disable the show posters option in main widgets setting menu I can see all widgets again. What I want to do is have some widgets with show posters activated and some not. Thanx for help and sorry about my bad english.

Hmm, I'm not sure I understand the problem. There is a widget setting in the skin called something like "Set up individually". This setting makes it so that you need to go to skin shortcuts settings, and set each of your widgets to show posters: "Never", "Always", or "On up". This will enable you to have some widgets with just the basic info, some with posters, and some with posters on up.

(2017-05-10, 19:14)kingkearney Wrote: @Alanon

Plot outline working great on every thing except widgets. When plot outline is selected, the widget still displays full plot. Not a major issue just me being picky.

[request] I wouldn't mind being able to use the library editor script, any chance you can add it to the context menu?

[request] I use to use a plugin called 'SimplePlaylists', I'd add stuff to custom playlists and have them as shortcuts on my submenu or as a custom video node. Any chance you can add this to the context menu?

Aaaah, yes. The widgets aren't part of the general system, their plots are always retrieved by SH. I'll have a look-see, I'm pretty sure I can make something work.

I'm a bit unclear on these add-ons you mentioned. They require special skin support by default? If so, I'd imagine I can simply add custom buttons to the dialog, if they have RunScript commands I can the buttons to...

(2017-05-11, 09:52)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-05-09, 17:59)rusterboy77 Wrote: Hi to all and congrats for this great skin,

Hmm, I'm not sure I understand the problem. There is a widget setting in the skin called something like "Set up individually". This setting makes it so that you need to go to skin shortcuts settings, and set each of your widgets to show posters: "Never", "Always", or "On up". This will enable you to have some widgets with just the basic info, some with posters, and some with posters on up.

Thanx for your answer and your help. I'll try to explain better.

The problem is when I enable the option you are suggesting (setup individually) and I set "never" on the specific widget (example: movies), the widget with basic info disappears and just shows me the background. It works with "always" and "on up" option but not with "never" option. Sorry again for my bad english and Thanx for your patience.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21