• 2(current)
Squeezebox for Kodi
Although the visualizations don't react to the music, it is still a huge improvement. I like the fact that it uses the default now playing screens and you can interact with playlists and synchronization. So far so good!

I am not sure if it is possible, but just a thought would be to either disable the fact that it autoenables on start, or maybe takes you to settings first. That way you don't end up with multiple instances of squeeze lite installed. Not a big deal though, once I got into the settings
I have to say this is pretty awesome. It gets me 95% of the way to where I want to be.
I went to go install this on my openelec rasb pi 3 and the add-on didn't show as available to install Sad

Sent from my XT1254
(2017-05-10, 05:59)skarragallagher Wrote: I went to go install this on my openelec rasb pi 3 and the add-on didn't show as available to install Sad

Sent from my XT1254 (typie typie)

I have only tested with libreelec, Kodi krypton.

You have my repo installed on the pi?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Yeah I installed your repo, but under music add-ons there was no choice to install squeeze lite for Kodi as I did with the same process on my two Windows installs

Sent from my XT1254
(2017-05-08, 13:56)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-05-08, 13:49)el_Paraguayo Wrote: This sounds interesting. I dealt with the "now playing integration" point in a different way and just created a different screen entirely: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=307961

Just me cheating/being lazy really...

Sorry, didn't realize there was actually more development besides Xsqueeze...
I like what you did with the custom playing screen but I like to use the native Kodi controls so that's why I created this project.
Feel free to test/use it/not use it or maybe even contribute some ideas or code.
No need to apologise - my addon was primarily for my own needs and, quite frankly, if I had had more time I may have wanted to see if I could approach it the way you have!
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
Okay, so I had openelec v6 so I updated to openelec v8 which is kodi 17. I was able to see your addon and install it. I was able to configure it as well. On this one though I am unable to get either Xsqueeze or Squeezelite for Kodi to actually run properly.

I checked this documentation which although is for xqueeze it has some good information on getting squeezelite to work on different platforms
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:XSqueeze

as this was an update, and I had already made sure the ALSA was loaded. I did double check by running this command which showed it was loaded

lsmod | grep -q snd_bcm2835 && echo "snd_bcm2835 module is loaded." || echo "snd_bcm2835 module is NOT loaded."

Also it would be excellent to be able to pass some extra squeezelite parameters in a similar manner that xsqueeze does. I noticed on the raspberry pi some audio drop outs that were resolved by doing this
Note: squeezelite Users: In XSqueeze settings->Local Playback->Extra squeezelite arguments-> add '-a 160' (without the quotes) to try & solve audio issues
Looks like the problem maybe squeezelite can't find any sound cards

~/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.squeezebox/resources/lib/bin/linux # ./squeezelite-arm -l

Output devices:
null - Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
This thread helped me at least get my sound cards discoverable and get Xsqueeze to work again.
http://openelec.tv/forum/68-audio/81052-...h-no-sound

PI3:~ # mount /flash -o remount,rw
PI3:~ # vi /flash/config.txt

Add
dtparam=audio=on

Now that I know squeezelite should work, I think the issues is that it I can't configure squeezelite to specify the proper output. Any suggestions?
(2017-05-11, 00:22)skarragallagher Wrote: Now that I know squeezelite should work, I think the issues is that it I can't configure squeezelite to specify the proper output. Any suggestions?

It will auto detect the sound card. Just make sure that your preferred audio output is set as default in alsa.
Is this an openelec/libreelec setup ? In that case make sure that you have the multimedia tools package installed as that includes squeezelite.
The optimized parameters for squeezelite are already set by me in code btw... I can add in another config field for that
I can confirm that manually running squeezelite and setting proper parameters indeed works now on OpenElec 8 on the raspberry Pi3. For this install I would like sqeezelite to only be started when the addon is started. For this I will need a couple of things added to your addon.

1. either automatic discovery of soundcard output or a field to manually specify (see how xsqueeze does this)
2. in addition to specifying the mac address, specifying the name of the player as well would be quite helpful

For the time being to get this working, is there a config file somewhere that I can modify to manually add the correct parameters?
(2017-05-11, 00:38)skarragallagher Wrote: I can confirm that manually running squeezelite and setting proper parameters indeed works now on OpenElec 8 on the raspberry Pi3. For this install I would like sqeezelite to only be started when the addon is started. For this I will need a couple of things added to your addon.

1. either automatic discovery of soundcard output or a field to manually specify (see how xsqueeze does this)
2. in addition to specifying the mac address, specifying the name of the player as well would be quite helpful

For the time being to get this working, is there a config file somewhere that I can modify to manually add the correct parameters?

1) auto discovery of soundcard is already there. Just make sure that you let the addon start squeezelite for you..
It will detect the default soundcard and set optimal paramaters for squeezelite. Please check the Kodi logfile because it will output whatever output the auto detect has chosen.

2) name of the player = name of your kodi instance. You can name Kodi somewhere in settings --> services I believe
I'll check again later this evening and look for the multi media tools... Is this in your repo?

Sent from my XT1254
And yes btw this is openelec on a rasberry pi3

Sent from my XT1254
So I am not sure of the multi media tools add-on, can you send me a link of the add-on your taking about.

I will try removing and reinstalling the add-on but I can tell you that squeezlite installed with your add-on works when I execute it manually with proper parameters. Running it through your add-on it never starts

Sent from my XT1254
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Squeezebox for Kodi2