• 6(current)
adblink 6.1 Windows/Mac/Linux Companion for Kodi
I have pictures but I don't believe that this will accept uploads.
(2017-05-06, 20:08)GXstick Wrote: I have pictures but I don't believe that this will accept uploads.

Email them to me directly at jocala@jocala.com
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
adbLink 3.2 changelog 05/06/17

Check for updates bug fixed
File Manager progress bar bug fixed
Windows XP database/logfile creation bug fixed
XP/Win7 form misalignment fixed
Mac Local restore bug fixed

http://www.jocala.com

Note: adbLink 3.1 has been pulled. If you installed it, please update to v3.2 or drop back to 3.0.
adbLink 3.3 05/15/17

Remote keypad bug fixed

Check for preference database table
bug fixed.

Keyboard shortcuts added for main
screen buttons. Hover over button
to see tooltip and key assignment
or see help topic "Shortcuts".

Shortcut topic added to help.
Lists tooltip and keyboard
shortcuts for main screen buttons.

http://www.jocala.com
Thanks for the updates jocala, is there a way to import devices that were present in the previous version yet please (I have the .db file saved)?
(2017-05-17, 11:07)D-an-W Wrote: Thanks for the updates jocala, is there a way to import devices that were present in the previous version yet please (I have the .db file saved)?

You'll need to copy the db file manually to the new location for database/logs:

Windows:
/Users/<yourhome>/AppData/Roaming/.jocala/

Mac:
/Users/<yourhome>/.jocala

Linux:
/home/<yourhome>/.jocala
For some reason, the main window for adbLink for Windows will not appear. adblink.exe and two copies of adb.exe appear in the active task list, but the user interface will not show up. I tried re-installing adbLink 3.3, but the problem remains.

I'm running 64-bit Windows 7 Pro. I've disabled my firewall and anti-virus, but that doesn't make any difference. Here's the log:

Code:
adbLink 3.3
IP: 169.254.250.128
IP: 169.254.24.85
IP: 192.168.1.103
Windows
------------
SELECT Id FROM device WHERE description="My FireTV (Full)"
SELECT daddr FROM device WHERE description="My FireTV (Full)"
server started
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

starting server

What's going wrong, and what can I do?

Thanks!
(2017-06-03, 21:33)kamby19 Wrote: For some reason, the main window for adbLink for Windows will not appear. adblink.exe and two copies of adb.exe appear in the active task list, but the user interface will not show up. I tried re-installing adbLink 3.3, but the problem remains.

I'm running 64-bit Windows 7 Pro. I've disabled my firewall and anti-virus, but that doesn't make any difference. Here's the log:

Code:
adbLink 3.3
IP: 169.254.250.128
IP: 169.254.24.85
IP: 192.168.1.103
Windows
------------
SELECT Id FROM device WHERE description="My FireTV (Full)"
SELECT daddr FROM device WHERE description="My FireTV (Full)"
server started
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

starting server

What's going wrong, and what can I do?

Thanks!

Just as a sanity check, I just downloaded 3.3 and installed it to Win7 Pro64. It installed fine, and ran w/o issues. Offhand, I've no idea. To diagnose, I'd try running in safe boot and/or turning off UAC.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2851718/w...-them.html

https://superuser.com/questions/83677/di...-windows-7

edit: just came across this:

https://scottiestech.info/2009/12/30/qui...e-desktop/
Having this frustrating problem with one particular Firestick. I've setup kodi now I'm trying to push some zip files but whenever I bring up file manager I either get nothing (empty) panels or they say [-] Unkown username or uid.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

I've used the same process on my other two kodi sticks and everything worked for those, so I must be missing something.
(2017-06-19, 12:31)mechaaztlan Wrote: Having this frustrating problem with one particular Firestick. I've setup kodi now I'm trying to push some zip files but whenever I bring up file manager I either get nothing (empty) panels or they say [-] Unkown username or uid.

I've used the same process on my other two kodi sticks and everything worked for those, so I must be missing something.

I doubt you're doing anything wrong. I've seen blank panels in one case, a rooted device with a non-standard su...installing superSu fixed that. Is there anything about this firestick that's different from the others?
(2017-06-19, 15:02)jocala Wrote:
(2017-06-19, 12:31)mechaaztlan Wrote: Having this frustrating problem with one particular Firestick. I've setup kodi now I'm trying to push some zip files but whenever I bring up file manager I either get nothing (empty) panels or they say [-] Unkown username or uid.

I doubt you're doing anything wrong. I've seen blank panels in one case, a rooted device with a non-standard su...installing superSu fixed that. Is there anything about this firestick that's different from the others?

I don't think there's anything different. I did a factory reset on it and it gives me the same issue. I may have tried to root it once? I'm pretty sure it couldn't be rooted because of it's firmware. Could there be some left over junk on there that would survive a factory reset?
(2017-06-19, 21:50)mechaaztlan Wrote:
(2017-06-19, 15:02)jocala Wrote:

I don't think there's anything different. I did a factory reset on it and it gives me the same issue. I may have tried to root it once? I'm pretty sure it couldn't be rooted because of it's firmware. Could there be some left over junk on there that would survive a factory reset?

That's possible. A factory reset doesn't nuke everything. You can try to using the adb shell button then at the $ prompt paste the command:
Code:
/data/local/tmp/adblink/which su

This will show you if there's an su binary on the stick.

The upcoming version has the ability to turn off root detection, hoping for a mid-July release.
(2017-06-19, 22:51)jocala Wrote:
(2017-06-19, 21:50)mechaaztlan Wrote:
(2017-06-19, 15:02)jocala Wrote: I doubt you're doing anything wrong. I've seen blank panels in one case, a rooted device with a non-standard su...installing superSu fixed that. Is there anything about this firestick that's different from the others?

That's possible. A factory reset doesn't nuke everything. You can try to using the adb shell button then at the $ prompt paste the command:
Code:

The upcoming version has the ability to turn off root detection, hoping for a mid-July release.

I get back
/system/bin/su

Does that mean there's something there?
(2017-06-20, 00:26)mechaaztlan Wrote:
(2017-06-19, 22:51)jocala Wrote:
(2017-06-19, 21:50)mechaaztlan Wrote: I don't think there's anything different. I did a factory reset on it and it gives me the same issue. I may have tried to root it once? I'm pretty sure it couldn't be rooted because of it's firmware. Could there be some left over junk on there that would survive a factory reset?

Code:

I get back
/system/bin/su

Does that mean there's something there?

You may have used Kingroot? The which command tells us that a su binary (required by root) lives at /system/bin/ on your stick and a stock Fire TV stick does not have su installed. adblink's file manager is attempting to use this su, and it's [the su] not behaving as expected and the file manager chokes. I've seen this happen once, with a pre-rooted generic Amlogic S905. Installing supersu fixed things on that system, it may fix yours. It's worth a try.
[SOLVED]

That worked, thank you! Going to donate a couple of bucks to the project.

Here's what I did so maybe it helps someone. Downloaded Kingoroot apk, installed it via adblink. On the firestick I ran the app and let it root my device, it says it was successful and installed it own SU. I then Uninstalled both of the apps via the firestick menu. I also downloaded and installed Super SU apk via adblink. After that I am good.

Not sure if kingoroot actually rooted? I was pretty late to the party and was pretty sure I was unable to root. Maybe a false positive or something.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
adblink 6.1 Windows/Mac/Linux Companion for Kodi2