• 37(current)
Kodi/XBMC in the media? Post links here
Kodi Addon Navi-X Bites The Dust After 10 Years

https://torrentfreak.com/kodi-addon-navi...rs-170513/
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Article in The Express today describing Kodi as a "TV streaming servce":

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/scie...-18-update

"Codenamed Leia, this latest developer build brings a host of improvements to the TV streaming service including voice search and better integration with Android TV."
Is this thread turning into a place whereby anyone can just copy and paste every freaking BS CLICK BAIT article of every BS cheesy tabloid out there??

Kinda of getting boring, old and stale u think??
Honestly, I agree. I believe from this point forward I'll officially be removing at least Express articles. They are absolutely completely worthless.
How would you modify the thread title to cull out the less desirable articles?

As it currently stands, everybody is pretty much performing within the guidelines of the thread title.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
No to censorship! Wink
I'm not sure the UK tabloids of any flavour class as media... Wink
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-05-17, 09:04)natethomas Wrote: Honestly, I agree. I believe from this point forward I'll officially be removing at least Express articles. They are absolutely completely worthless.

Millions of readers reading articles full of misinformation is fine? The Kodi name is mud already, articles like that will just add to the problem.
(2017-05-17, 14:36)TCCalvin Wrote:
(2017-05-17, 09:04)natethomas Wrote: Honestly, I agree. I believe from this point forward I'll officially be removing at least Express articles. They are absolutely completely worthless.

Millions of readers reading articles full of misinformation is fine? The Kodi name is mud already, articles like that will just add to the problem.
I agree with you, whilst people here might joke about the british tabloids and label them as worthless junk, millions of people read them every day & believe every word, whether people here like it or not.

I'm not sure how what you said applies to what I said. I'm tired of our forum providing free links to Express, so I'm going to start removing them. What does that have to do with millions of people reading misinformation being fine?
(2017-05-17, 09:47)Karellen Wrote: How would you modify the thread title to cull out the less desirable articles?

As it currently stands, everybody is pretty much performing within the guidelines of the thread title.

Probably adding "please, no clickbait" should do the job.

I should probably note that removing links to Express isn't some official forum policy. I just don't see the value in letting the Kodi forum act as an advertising route for that kind of utter BS, so I'm going to stop it now.
(2017-05-17, 16:51)natethomas Wrote:

I'm not sure how what you said applies to what I said. I'm tired of our forum providing free links to Express, so I'm going to start removing them. What does that have to do with millions of people reading misinformation being fine?

I'm sure the 4 clicks per month from the Kodi forum make little difference to a tabloid that's read by 1.5 million people. I assumed by supplying the story that it would highlight that articles are referring to software as a "TV streaming service" and somebody would try to do something about it.
(2017-05-17, 16:56)natethomas Wrote:
(2017-05-17, 09:47)Karellen Wrote: How would you modify the thread title to cull out the less desirable articles?

Probably adding "please, no clickbait" should do the job.

I should probably note that removing links to Express isn't some official forum policy. I just don't see the value in letting the Kodi forum act as an advertising route for that kind of utter BS, so I'm going to stop it now.
Good move Nate!
No need to promote "click bait" or "fake news".

How many readers read these silly tabloids is totally useless information.
TCCalvin, this may surprise you, but the Kodi forums get read by over a million users every month. Links from here matter quite a bit for SEO purposes. For something as large as Express it may not matter THAT much, but I'm tired of contributing even the little we do. If you want to point out problematic links in the future, feel free to pm me, as I'm the guy who tends to contact papers for corrections.
(2017-05-17, 09:48)docwra Wrote: No to censorship! Wink

I know you were joking, but this gives me an excuse to make my spiel about free speech again. Smile

For those who don't know, the Kodi forum isn't the govt, and isn't bound by free speech laws. We can and will censor and remove links whenever we want for any and sometimes no reason at all. We do try to be reasonable with forum rules and such, but we're under absolutely no legal obligation to abide by those rules if we decide not to. Just so you know. Smile
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi/XBMC in the media? Post links here5