Kodi v18 for Wetek Play 2
I have a Wetek Play 2 and after trying out Kodi v18 on my PC i would like to use it on my Wetek Play 2.

Is it possible to use v18 on the Wetek Play 2 and if so which version would i need & where would I get it
LG OLED C7, Marantz SR7010, Panasonic BD35, Logitech Elite, Virgin V6, Mission 752, Mission 75C, Wharfedall 9.0, BK XLS200 Mk 2, iPhone 6S, Synology 214Play, Wetek Play2 with LibreELEC 8.2.3, Mede8er MED600X3D, Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV 4K, NowTV, Airport Extremes
Latest Kodi v18 releases found here:
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android/arm/master/

Sideload .apk using a USB Stick and a file manager App like X-Plore.

You will not be able to downgrade back to Kodi v17 Krypton - all settings will be lost when you un-install Kodi v18

Using X-Plore you can backup your current Kodi v17 config by:

Internal Storage > Android > data > ...backup > org.xbmc.kodi folder.

Long Press the middle OK button on the remote when using X-Plore to bring up copy/move options.

(2017-05-18, 12:31)wrxtasy Wrote: Latest Kodi v18 releases found here:

You will not be able to downgrade back to Kodi v17 Krypton - all settings will be lost when you un-install Kodi v18

Long Press the middle OK button on the remote when using X-Plore to bring up copy/move options.

Thanks wrxtasy, I will give it a go tonight
LG OLED C7, Marantz SR7010, Panasonic BD35, Logitech Elite, Virgin V6, Mission 752, Mission 75C, Wharfedall 9.0, BK XLS200 Mk 2, iPhone 6S, Synology 214Play, Wetek Play2 with LibreELEC 8.2.3, Mede8er MED600X3D, Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV 4K, NowTV, Airport Extremes
(2017-05-18, 12:31)wrxtasy Wrote: Latest Kodi v18 releases found here:

I haven't really followed development lately... has retroplayer been merged in at this point? I have a Wetek Core that is collecting dust, and I'm thinking about trying to use it for retro gaming (Really just NES games)... maybe the Core can be my test box (Better usage than the paperweight it is now).
AML S812'S found in the Core have more powerful GPU's for gaming (8 core) than the AML S905's (5 core) that followed.

In LibreELEC you actually find a snappier Kodi GUI on S812's as well.

The RetroX App works well for Retro gaming.

Well I put v18 on the Wetek Play 2 Kodi and it works fine.

I also dual boot the Wetek Play 2 to LibreELEC and was wondering if I could put v18 on that, or would there be any problems (apart from the ones you would expect from v18 being a alpha/beta)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v18 for Wetek Play 20