• 86(current)
Release "iPlayer WWW" add-on
wotked for an old codger like me who knows nowt. thanks guys
Big GrinThanks for getting my iplayer catchup working guys, ive been struggling for hours, sure to use your expertise again thank you
Ok ... finally found time to do some proper testing.

With VPN, 3.0.5 works fine.
With SmartDNS (VPNUK Server) it fails accessing the DASH information.

Pasting the URL into a browser, with VPN I get "Bad Request" - ok, that is probably reasonable.
With SmartDNS I get:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://vs-dash-uk-live.akamaized.net/pool_30/live/bbc_one_hd/bbc_one_hd.isml/dash/bbc_one_hd-pa3=96000.dash%7CConnection=keep-alive&acceptencoding=gzip%2c%20deflate&seekable=0" on this server.
Reference #18.e407b5c.1494822821.d4dde13

I have opened a ticket with VPNUK.
VPNUK have added the URL to their Smart DNS, and 3.0.5 now works with no problem.
Be careful what details you give the BBC in your login information as they state that they are now sharing your email and details with TV Licensing.
I just got the updated terms and conditions email from the BBC with this exciting new addition.
Quote:How we share emails with TV Licensing to check if you are using BBC iPlayer

If you don't want a £1000 fine make sure your email is connected to your valid licence address.
There is something very strange and orwellian going on at the BBC with their new terms and conditions.
It they don't like your comments they are going to tell your boss. No mention of whether they will tell your mummy though.
BBC Says It May Contact Your Boss If You Post Comments It Finds Problematic
Without breaking the law or obtaining a court order to match my identity to my IP I cannot see any way the BBC could match the email address I registered for my BBC ID to my employer, not that I intend to post anything defamatory on their websites anyway.

With regards to your previous point about matching your email to your valid license address I think this is a non starter as far as license enforcement goes,
I have a license and I see nothing in their T & C's that says my BBC ID has to be matched to my license, the license covers my address and anyone who may live here, is my wife supposed to use my email address for her BBC ID? Or are my sister, her husband and their 5 kids all supposed to use the one email address associated with the license for their home?
If so that kinda goes against their reasoning of tailoring content to a specific person and making it age related too.
Are there any issues with this addon as mine stopped working today?
(2017-05-18, 22:49)stammie Wrote: Without breaking the law or obtaining a court order to match my identity to my IP I cannot see any way the BBC could match the email address I registered for my BBC ID to my employer, not that I intend to post anything defamatory on their websites anyway.

With regards to your previous point about matching your email to your valid license address I think this is a non starter as far as license enforcement goes,
I have a license and I see nothing in their T & C's that says my BBC ID has to be matched to my license, the license covers my address and anyone who may live here, is my wife supposed to use my email address for her BBC ID? Or are my sister, her husband and their 5 kids all supposed to use the one email address associated with the license for their home?
If so that kinda goes against their reasoning of tailoring content to a specific person and making it age related too.

I find it rather crazy and unenforceable too.
At this stage they are probably just trying to scare people into paying the License Fee.

However if you don't pay and you have a BBC id with your address and Capita come knocking at your door they have some circumstantial evidence to convict you.
BBC's TV licence bullies are exposed: How ruthless bosses order staff to catch 28 people a week for bonuses of £15,000 a year
(2017-05-19, 01:23)chrissxuk Wrote: Are there any issues with this addon as mine stopped working today?

It is ok for me on Krypton in Windows for me just now.

Have you turned it off and on again? Wink
(2017-05-19, 07:41)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 01:23)chrissxuk Wrote: Are there any issues with this addon as mine stopped working today?

I have tried it again this morning and it has been powered off all night and it is still not working. It is running on Kodi 16.1 and I do not want to update for a very good reason which I will not go into as it's not relevant.

Here are a few things that may be relevant to the problem:-

It's not behind any VPN or SmartDNS as I am in UK.

I am on holiday so in a different location to usual on Wi-Fi on Raspberry Pi 3 running LibreElec.

After a few days Kodi would not show the correct date and time and all sorts of things stopped working but were working before at this location but I had not checked this addon by then.

The only way I could get the system time back was to add an NTP Server in the LibreElec settings and following this the time came back and all was good again.

Then I checked this addon for the first time at this location and it's not working. The addon opens and gives all the menus. Go to watch live and it gives all the channels but click a channel and I get a played back failed dialog box. As for the catchup which is all I really want click a menu like programme list A-Z and I get all the letters but click a letter but click a letter and it returns an empty list.
@chrissxuk - your device contains at least one banned add-on (wiki) then (Exodus) which would make it ineligible for support on this forum, regardless of the issue in question.

Please actually read the forum rules (wiki) that you accepted when you signed up here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-05-19, 11:15)chrissxuk Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 07:41)primaeval Wrote:

I have tried it again this morning and it has been powered off all night and it is still not working. It is running on Kodi 16.1 and I do not want to update for a very good reason which I will not go into as it's not relevant.

I am on holiday so in a different location to usual on Wi-Fi on Raspberry Pi 3 running LibreElec.

After a few days Kodi would not show a date and time and all sorts of things stopped working like ITV Player and * but were working before at this location but I had not checked this addon by then.

The only was I could get the system time back was to add an NTP Server in the LibreElec settings and following this the time came back and ITV Player etc all was good again.

Then I checked this addon for the first time at this location and it's not working. The addon opens and gives all the menus. Go to watch live and it gives all the channels but click a channel and I get a played back failed dialog box. As for the catchup which is all I really want click a menu like programme list A-Z and I get all the letters but click a letter but click a letter and it returns an empty list.

There were a few problems last week or so but CaptainT sorted them out.
Make sure you are on version 2.5.13.

It does look like there is something wrong with the Channel A-Z.
The program names don't show up for me right now.

Do a comparison with another device if you can. You might have got some corrupt settings on the rpi sdcard.
I have managed to do that a few times by moving an unboxed rpi board around while it is plugged in.
(2017-05-19, 11:28)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 11:15)chrissxuk Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 07:41)primaeval Wrote: It is ok for me on Krypton in Windows for me just now.

After a few days Kodi would not show a date and time and all sorts of things stopped working like ITV Player and * but were working before at this location but I had not checked this addon by then.

The only was I could get the system time back was to add an NTP Server in the LibreElec settings and following this the time came back and ITV Player etc all was good again.

Do a comparison with another device if you can. You might have got some corrupt settings on the rpi sdcard.
I have managed to do that a few times by moving an unboxed rpi board around while it is plugged in.

I am running version 2.5.13.

It's not just the channel A-Z not populating it's every list.

I tried to install Kodi on my tablet to run a comparison I installed 17.1 from play store but it won't let me install this addon I get a message saying "the dependency on inputstream.adaptive version 1.0.6 could not ..."

It may have some corruption as you say but wouldn't know how to fix this. I have tried to uninstall and re-install but nothing changed.

I do have a backup so if all else fails I will try that.
(2017-05-19, 11:53)chrissxuk Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 11:28)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 11:15)chrissxuk Wrote: I have tried it again this morning and it has been powered off all night and it is still not working. It is running on Kodi 16.1 and I do not want to update for a very good reason which I will not go into as it's not relevant.

I am running version 2.5.13.

It's not just the channel A-Z not populating it's every list.

I tried to install Kodi on my tablet to run a comparison I installed 17.1 from play store but it won't let me install this addon I get a message saying "the dependency on inputstream.adaptive version 1.0.6 could not ..."

It may have some corruption as you say but wouldn't know how to fix this. I have tried to uninstall and re-install but nothing changed.

I do have a backup so if all else fails I will try that.

First: edit your post above to remove the banned addons and make DarrenHill happy.

Second: Follow this post to install iplayerWWW on Krypton. You have to enable InputStream Adaptive before you install this addon.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2585171

Third: Let's see whether it works on Krypton first. You can also install SPMC alongside Kodi to do a clean install test. SPMC is running Jarvis and deals with the https problems better.
  • 86(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"iPlayer WWW" add-on12