• 123(current)
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
(2017-05-20, 10:53)nigelj88 Wrote: hi first of all i love you guide you have done a great job ! i have not been able to install this via installing repo so i pulled it of the website and installed via external storage everything on it works a dream.
The only thing i cant seem to get to work is getting the skin kindly posted by Kjb85 i really like the look of it i have tried downloading the file from the website and in the skins menu going down to folder and selecting it but then my kodi crashes with a black screen if anyone can help it would be much appreciated !

Thanks. I really wouldn't install this manually if I were you. The zip files will probably install in the wrong addon folder and you won't be able to keep up with the bug fixes.
If the addons end up in the wrong folder all the internal paths won't match and you will get some subtle errors.
The repo zip is this:
https://github.com/primaeval/repository....-0.0.2.zip

It sounds like you are trying to install the kjb skin as a Kodi skin. It is not a Kodi skin.

Again, install the KJB Skin addon from my repo so it ends up in the right place.
Then click on the "TV Guide Fullscreen - KJB Skin" addon in Programs.
That will set up TV Guide Fullscreen to use the correct folder, skin name and several other settings for the KJB Skin.

Sometimes you need to enter the skin addon twice because the texture names for skins are cached by Kodi and need to be updated.
great thanks for the help i have it all installed now thanks i have one issue and that is when i am watching a channel press the back button to get to the guide and all the channel names are black the only thing you can see is the channel infromation and the preview of channel in top right any help would be great
(2017-05-20, 12:30)nigelj88 Wrote: great thanks for the help i have it all installed now thanks i have one issue and that is when i am watching a channel press the back button to get to the guide and all the channel names are black the only thing you can see is the channel infromation and the preview of channel in top right any help would be great

I've never seen that happen.

Try a Kodi restart and go back to the Default skin and see if it is a problem with the KJB skin.
It might just be the texture caching that I mentioned earlier.

If you have changed lots of settings I would recommend experimenting in a new Kodi Profile.

There are a lot of settings that affect the appearance and are only really useful for some skins.

I would also recommend setting all the Settings to Default before you enable a new skin.
Only the changes from Default are modified when you click on a skin addon.
it seems to be only when i have the preview screen enabled if i disable it the guide comes up fine i have set it back to default skin and same thing happens

i also wounderd if there is a way to add some channels to the list im not interested in information for them as they are 24/7 channels showing the same thing
(2017-05-20, 12:41)nigelj88 Wrote: it seems to be only when i have the preview screen enabled if i disable it the guide comes up fine i have set it back to default skin and same thing happens

i also wounderd if there is a way to add some channels to the list im not interested in information for them as they are 24/7 channels showing the same thing

You might be have a problem with the MediaSurface Codec acceleration with some devices
I think the setting is in
Kodi \ System \ Settings \ Video \ Acceleration
Try turning it off.

You can disable channels in
Context Menu \ Channels
Click on them to toggle visibility.
Then press Save.

You can also create Categories and only add the channels you are interested in.

If you make your own xmltv file just don't add the channels to that.
my xmltv is done through url i have found the disable channels already and am working my way through sorting out category's as it is url is there not a way to add one manually ?
(2017-05-20, 12:57)nigelj88 Wrote: my xmltv is done through url i have found the disable channels already and am working my way through sorting out category's as it is url is there not a way to add one manually ?

You can add Categories manually either in the Context Menu or the Category Bar.

In the Context Menu.
Go left and Add Category
call it whatever: eg Favourites, Sports etc
Select it.
Right Click and Add Channels

To get to the Category Bar from the Default skin press M or Menu.
Right click to get to a menu with
Add Category
Add Channels
etc

In skins with a pemanent Category Bar there are a couple of settings in Appearance of how to get to the category bar.
You can use an Action in Lab1 \ Action Editor
or change the setting to go Up to Category Bar.
perhaps im not explaining myself i can add channels fine that are from the url xmltv but i have a few from my iptv host that arnt on my xmltv url list so wounderd if i can add them another way ?
(2017-05-20, 13:14)nigelj88 Wrote: perhaps im not explaining myself i can add channels fine that are from the url xmltv but i have a few from my iptv host that arnt on my xmltv url list so wounderd if i can add them another way ?

In Settings \ Lab3 you can add a Secondary xmltv source with your extra channels.

You'll have to make or find an xmltv file with the channels in.
Webgrab+plus is a good place to start.

If you are lucky you might find your country and channels in the yo.tv Source in Lab2.
It doesn't work with the Lab3 secondary source though.
great thanks will give it a go
(2017-05-19, 00:47)rocko Wrote: How do you delete or rename category channels. I'm using Andy's blue screen.

Thanks again
Rocko

Thanks now another problem,I lost the guide info yesterday. Channels work and I have them in custom order. If I reset EPG data will I lose my channels or the order there in?
(2017-05-21, 22:21)rocko Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 00:47)rocko Wrote: How do you delete or rename category channels. I'm using Andy's blue screen.

Thanks again
Rocko

Thanks now another problem,I lost the guide info yesterday. Channels work and I have them in custom order. If I reset EPG data will I lose my channels or the order there in?

If you don't want to lose anything make a backup of the addon_data folder
userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen

To force a refresh start with the simplest way first.
Settings \ Source \ File Download Interval \ Every Start

Then try
Settings \ Source \ Reset on Start

Only then try resetting the database.
Settings \ Reset Database \ Reset EPG Data

Finally nuke the lot
Settings \ Reset Database \ Reset Everything

Remember to turn the first 2 settings back to normal afterwards.

If you get really stuck pm me the addon_data folder and I'll see if your channel order can be recovered from the database manually.
Thanks again,after the guide was down for two days it reloaded itself.

I will keep all your recommendations above in case it happens again.

Rocko
I have activated the second xmltv on lab3 and add a second source file but how to use it i don't find the channels ?
Thanks and thanks for this great job .
I'm currently linking to my Direct TV Now account through a Playon Browser addon for my streaming channels. This works great for a week or so and all of the channels stop working. I'm assuming it has something to do with how the system stores the references to the channels, but I can't figure out how to keep them working. The only error that gets logged is below, so it doesn't seem helpful. FYI, if I navigate to the channel directly through the Playon Browser, it loads fine. Just can't seem to keep it integrated with the TV Guide Fullscreen addon.
Code:
21:51:31.422 T:19332 WARNING: Previous line repeats 7 times.
21:51:31.422 T:19332   ERROR: Unable to find plugin
21:51:31.422 T:13140   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://
21:51:31.422 T:13140   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://) failed
  • 123(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)8