Manually replacing fanart for a non-album artist -- where do I go?
Say I've got one song by The Cure from a soundtrack, and I don't like the clear logo fanart that was scraped (too dark!). Normally, I could rectify this by dropping my logo.png of choice inside the artist folder. However, The Cure has no artist folder in my library, it only exists as a track in "The Crow" under Various Artists.

I can't just make phantom artist folders for fanart purposes, can I? I'd actually prefer this method if it were possible, since I have an outside program clustering my fanart by artist... but I'm assuming Kodi will look right past a directory with no actual music inside. Is my only option to just manually replace art within Kodi under the artist options? Or is there some obscure cache sub-folder I could navigate to outside of the program to do such things?

My eventual goal is to contain as much fanart files within the native library folders as possible. I figure this would "future-proof" my library and allow it to play nice with any fanart-oriented media player I may throw at it. Cool
Busta Uppa,

Sorry don't have an answer for you. But a similar question was asked here... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2536949
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
U can make artists folders with no actual songs or albums, just containing logos, disc, or extrafanarts.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2017-05-21, 05:01)Busta Uppa Wrote: I can't just make phantom artist folders for fanart purposes, can I?

Yes you can!

Just make a folder fot The Cure, put in there an logo, fanart, thumb.

I have a lot of ghost folders to use with Spotify.
This is skin-dependent. In Kodi artist info you can set the artist thumb and fanart from any local file via browse function. But for things like clearart or logo, you need skin support. Your skin may have an option to specify a place (path) to get artist art from.

scott s.
(2017-05-22, 06:54)scott967 Wrote: This is skin-dependent. In Kodi artist info you can set the artist thumb and fanart from any local file via browse function. But for things like clearart or logo, you need skin support. Your skin may have an option to specify a place (path) to get artist art from.

scott s.
Using Aeon Madnox, and I see they have a "Path" option in the skin settings for this. Thank you!

(2017-05-21, 12:21)vicmanpergar Wrote: U can make artists folders with no actual songs or albums, just containing logos, disc, or extrafanarts.
(2017-05-21, 13:47)sagrath Wrote:
(2017-05-21, 05:01)Busta Uppa Wrote: I can't just make phantom artist folders for fanart purposes, can I?

Yes you can!

Just make a folder fot The Cure, put in there an logo, fanart, thumb.

I have a lot of ghost folders to use with Spotify.
Well that's great to hear! I'm trying this with a small test library, in which I've attempted to disable all forms of remote scraping. I've had some success getting fanart & extrafanart pulled from a "ghost" (no music file) folder, but results aren't consistent. I'm wondering if artist.nfo data might be causing a conflict? I've tried experimenting with and without an .nfo in a problematic artist folder. Does Kodi use some sort of fallback if there isn't an .nfo in the local artist directory?

It also seems Kodi is still serving me images from outside my artist folder. I experimented by replacing all images in an extrafanart folder with those of a different artist. After restarting Kodi and cleaning/updating the library, an extrafanart-enabled screen now cycles through images of both artists. I figure it's either using images from a cache location that I need to clear out, or perhaps there's some scraping setting that I missed when I was trying to disable everything (i'm betting on the former scenario though, since the logo.png I'm seeing is the manually-replaced one I had used before).

EDIT: To clarify, I'm not against remote scraping on principle. I just want Kodi to pull its images from local folders that are clearly labeled and easy for me to edit (i.e. the local artist library folders). I'd love for Kodi to continue it's online scraping, as long as it saves the art where I want it!
I'm pretty sure when scanning Kodi will set local thumb and fanart, if found in the parent folder. Scraping will add the url to any other art, but you have to go into the artist info dialog and select the remote art. Artist slideshow addon will use artist name and MBID to search for fanart for now-playing song artist and save it (if selected in addon settings) locally. CDArt Manager NG also has an art download capability, but I haven't really looked at that addon in years (it used to assemble its own MBID library and ignore the Kodi library ones, don't know if it still does that).

scott s.
(2017-05-24, 01:08)scott967 Wrote: I'm pretty sure when scanning Kodi will set local thumb and fanart, if found in the parent folder. Scraping will add the url to any other art, but you have to go into the artist info dialog and select the remote art. Artist slideshow addon will use artist name and MBID to search for fanart for now-playing song artist and save it (if selected in addon settings) locally. CDArt Manager NG also has an art download capability, but I haven't really looked at that addon in years (it used to assemble its own MBID library and ignore the Kodi library ones, don't know if it still does that).

scott s.
I'm using Artist Slideshow but I'm at a loss trying to figure out where it saves anything. What I find most bizarre is that it even creates an "extrafanart" folder within local artist directories whenever it downloads new images - but none of those folders contain any files! It's like it's just taunting me at this point, daring me to figure out where the true local assets are at...
Userdata/addon_data/script.artist-slidshow/artistslidshow there is all the fanart
If the folder is empty, then there is no fanart on theaudiodb, go ahead and add it Smile
Note that artist.slideshow settings allow you to move where the art is stored locally. The folder names are hashed. The author also offers artist.slideshow.helper addon that you can you to copy the contents of the artist.slideshow storage folder tree and rename the folders to artist name.

scott s.
(2017-05-25, 00:24)meowmoo Wrote: Userdata/addon_data/script.artist-slidshow/artistslidshow there is all the fanart
If the folder is empty, then there is no fanart on theaudiodb, go ahead and add it Smile
Helpful to know this location, thank you. Is there any way to "translate" the folder labels in this directory? For example, the folder "3f2b0528" contains Depeche Mode fanart... I am not sure if there is a practical way to search for a particular artist.

(2017-05-26, 00:04)scott967 Wrote: Note that artist.slideshow settings allow you to move where the art is stored locally. The folder names are hashed. The author also offers artist.slideshow.helper addon that you can you to copy the contents of the artist.slideshow storage folder tree and rename the folders to artist name.

scott s.
This add-on is a great tool, thank you! I suppose it solves the above issue of trying to identify an artist folder, by allowing me to "migrate" all images. Is there anything that offers similar functionality for artist clear logos, banners and/or thumbs?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Manually replacing fanart for a non-album artist -- where do I go?0