v17 Best way to update channels?
I've been running Krypton with a Mediaportal backend for about 6 months, and the time has come to re-tune to pick up some new channels and remove some that have stopped broadcasting. I've tried just re-scanning in the Mediaportal setup program, but that has caused several issues within the Kodi EPG.
Some channels are duplicated with the same EPG info. Some are duplicated with no EPG info. Some should be gone but are still in the EPG.
Is there a better way to do what I'm after? I thought about just deleting everything and starting fresh, but the EPG info takes several hours to fill itself back in after a clean scan.
Surely there's a better way?

Cheers in advance.

John.
How do you get your EPG Data? Do you grab the stream epg data?

The way i do a update scan:

First i have to mention that i use a group called "Fernsehen". This group contains all channels for daily use. I manually set up channel number inside this group.
Then i do a scan with "channel movement detection" enabled.

This will result with a full channel list for "channels".

I will sort this list by "Provider" and delete all foreign ones.
After this step i sort by "Groups" to get a list of all new channels.

Then adding all new and wanted channels to my group "Fernsehen".

Now i refresh the list and delete all channels except the ones belong to "Fernsehen".
Not to forget to map all new channels to all available tuners.

Last i will again manually add channel sort numbers and setup up the epg mapping for the new channels.
If needed i will add the new channel logo files.

In case i will face issues inside kodi after doing it this way i would first recheck with a installed mepo client.(Server)
If there is no issue i will drop kodis tv database and do a fresh add on setup.

Wouldnt call it the best way but works for me.
I just have a twin UK Freeview HD tuner, so they both use the same channels. They're all in English, so I don't think I'd gain from grouping anything off the main list I pretty much want every channel I can get. The EPG data comes direct off the airwaves.
Out of interest, how long does it take for your EPG to re-populate? I'm trying to avoid a complete wipe every time as it means a whole evening is lost whilst I wait for it to update.
(2017-05-20, 17:57)MrBfJohn Wrote: but the EPG info takes several hours to fill itself back in after a clean scan.
Hours? wtf how?

(2017-05-20, 17:57)MrBfJohn Wrote: Surely there's a better way?
Use webgrabplus should only take you about 20 minutes (if you use tvguide.co.uk as the sky one takes about 2 hours for me for the same channels) to get 2 days of data
I do not use the "all channels" group because you cant filter the channels against this group. I also made a Kids group, because they dont need all channels. But this doesnt make any difference to the update process.

Update of full epg takes a few minutes. I use EPG Buddy to get my epg data.

If you have issues on kodi side a full wipe of you tvserver channel list might not even solve them. Deleting the TV Database on kodi client just takes some minutes. Deactivate the pvr addon, manually delete the database file and activate the pvr addon. I´d start there.
(2017-05-21, 20:07)JackTramiel Wrote: Deactivate the pvr addon, manually delete the database file and activate the pvr addon. I´d start there.

Or just go Settings - TV - General - Clear Data, it'll restart the pvr addon for you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best way to update channels?0