• 26(current)
XBMC's Piracy Stance: Draft
To be fair, and based on screenshots @onlineaddict sent me, there's nothing wrong with that particular listing. However, I'm no lawyer and I might be completely wrong on that.

I don't like the word streamer associated with Kodi but that's another matter.

That said, don't expect any help from us getting your listing reinstated. We're too busy keeping Kodi great!
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Quote:I never mentioned extra addons were installed or anything of the sort - or that the device would enable one to watch pirated content online
reading this it sounds like the add-ons would be preloaded but you just don't mention them Wink
(2017-01-26, 02:47)Gracus Wrote: That being said, it's now all about to know if team kodi had real reason to remove your listing or if you had just been a collateral damage in the war between kodi and shitty sellers

Just my 2 cents...

This is the truth right here. At the risk of alienating the 0.01% that aren't preloading piracy add ons, you got hit. Thats unfortunate, but also, you barely offer a service and sell it for quite a markup. I can't promise you won't get hit again, automated scripts are just that, and we are doing our best to clean up ebay and associated marketplaces.

It's our trademark, and we have any right to do that, and we appreciate you trying to do the right thing, but you're in a minority, and will continue to be collateral damage in the war between us and the shitty sellers.
Thumbs Down 
Hey there,

Not sure where else to contact you guys but on the anti piracy post it said to let you guys know if we find or see any pre-installed boxes with kodi promoting free TV shows and movies.
So I came across one of my favorite resellers, but they are selling one of the pre installed boxes here's the link.

Voordeelvanger

They are making quite the buckload of money selling these boxes with preinstalled kodi. Not sure if it's legal though since they are promoting to watch TV series and movies trough kodi like the similar use of popcorn time which is definately not legal.
Thanks, but that page is a 404 for me.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Correct link is https://www.voordeelvanger.nl/4k-ultra-h...-meer.html
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hi guys,

You might also want to direct your limited time in Facebooks direction. Every time you post to your Facebook pages, Facebook very helpfully provides a number of related links for me to look at (all of them dodgy). I tried to lodge a complaint about a store front that operates in my state, but the only option available for me to complain about (illegal goods) resulted in Facebook replying that they had investigated and found the the listing did not contravene any of their guide lines. You might have a tiny bit more luck complaint about misuse of your trademark.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
What can be done about SkyStream Technologies, they are all over Yahoo News & they are advertising a 'fully loaded box'.
Hi - I saw this article...

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news...re-illegal

I'm not the only person to have responded to the author.
Apparently TorrentFreak says you have talked to them about the latest vulnerability. Isn't this breaking your neutral stance?
(2017-05-23, 18:10)BFeely Wrote: Apparently TorrentFreak says you have talked to them about the latest vulnerability. Isn't this breaking your neutral stance?

What? Sorry but that's just stupid reasoning.
What the hell does a security issue have to do with a bunch of retards preloading boxes or piracy addons in general?
NOTHING!
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-05-23, 18:10)BFeely Wrote: Apparently TorrentFreak says you have talked to them about the latest vulnerability. Isn't this breaking your neutral stance?
How does talking to someone break a neutral stance?
Not that I've any idea what TF actually said given your stealth link.
(2017-05-23, 18:35)trogggy Wrote:
Not that I've any idea what TF actually said given your stealth link.

I would think any links to TF would be at high risk for having links to banned addons websites, thus I did not post any hyperlinks.
The comments section quite often has links to illegal websites, and the site admin has refused to take down one user's repeated and spammy links to eBay auctions of devices pre-loaded with Banned Addons, and has accused me of harassing the poster.
(2017-05-28, 18:58)BFeely Wrote: I would think any links to TF would be at high risk for having links to banned addons websites, thus I did not post any hyperlinks.
The comments section quite often has links to illegal websites, and the site admin has refused to take down one user's repeated and spammy links to eBay auctions of devices pre-loaded with Banned Addons, and has accused me of harassing the poster.
I'll try again.

Edit: Do you think my talking to you means I agree with you?
Time to close up my cloud services plugins on this forum. Somehow they "piracy" when all they do is provide ability for users to log into their own account on the cloud service and access content in their account.
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC's Piracy Stance: Draft2