• 150(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
Only for the Kodi webserver to stop dying. Why does it refuse the connection, have you checked the kodi log for errors? Are you running both the script and Kodi on the same RPi, perhaps you are running out of memory and the Kodi webserver is experiencing an issue. Probably also best to use only a single download thread, maybe at most 2.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
To be honest, no I didn't checked the kodi logs yet Blush, but I agree with you that it must be something related to memory consuption, as I'm synchronizing the all thumbs ona secondary client, 'cause I moved my libraries from SQLite to MySQL (database is hosted on an another device of course ^^)

I run the script on the Pi1 directly, and I have more frequently the error with 2 threads than 1, as you can expect.
Also I could see the error more often with Movies posters (larger files).

My point is that the script starts to download the thumbs nicely, and at a moment, displays the error, prepares the download for a new thumb, and is then frozen with an undetermined ETA (**:**:** if i'm correct).

Then the only thing I can do is to break the script, and restart it.

Would it be better in this case to just stop the script ? Or to do... something to keep going and just display an error in the summary ?

Anyway, I know you'll choose the best option for this error Wink

And I must thank you once again for that wonderfull tool and your support.

Smeulf.
(2017-05-17, 02:18)Smeulf Wrote: Then the only thing I can do is to break the script, and restart it.

Would it be better in this case to just stop the script ? Or to do... something to keep going and just display an error in the summary ?

Hard to say without knowing what the cause is - it's Kodi that is no longer responding. It's possible that restarting will just hit the same issue, but if restarting works then it sounds like the system just doesn't have enough RAM to work. Assuming it's a memory starvation issue I've already done about as much as I can to limit the memory usage while keeping performance reasonable.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I'm afraid the imdb option is no longer working (for free) now that omdbapi.com has become a paid-for service. As of 8 May the service requires an API key that you can obtain by signing up to the Patreon service (minimum $1/month fee) - see link.

Apparently a free service may still be offered in future, if/when that happens I'll adapt the code to support it.

For now I've pushed an update (v2.4.0) that will use an API key if configured in the @omdb.apikey property. The imdb option will now abort if the API key is not configured.

This change is largely untested as I don't have an API key, so feedback welcome!
Hi Milhouse,

Thanks for this awesome script, I use it all the time.

I've made a slight modification to the script to add a lC option - basically force the re-caching of existing artwork for media (movies, tvshows/episodes) added since the modification timestamp of the file identified by the property lastrunfile.

I'm in the process of updating a lot of my media (rescrapping and updating artwork) and I've found this the best way of making sure the other instances of Kodi that are running from the same MySQL backend are displaying the correct artwork.

I just added an "lC" parameter to lines 8354, 8369 and 8371 to enable this.

It would be great if you could add this officially so I don't lose this functionality the next time the script is updated.

Once again thanks for the awesome work.
@magisterv I've pushed an update (v2.4.3) with `lC` option - it's untested, please try it.
Wow so fast!

Seems to work okay.

Thanks for this!
I can't figure out how to manage my NVIDIA Shield (android)'s userdata from my Windows PC since I can't install Python on the shield.

This is what I use for my PC:
userdata = C:\Users\tyrin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata
webserver.username = kodi
webserver.password = kodi
allow.recacheall = yes

Do I need to somehow share the shield's userdata folder and path to it?
(2017-05-24, 17:42)Tyrindor2 Wrote: Do I need to somehow share the shield's userdata folder and path to it?

Not normally, it's only required for a few functions that work only with direct file system access: f, F, r, R, S, X and Xd.

So if you can't access userdata (either directly or via a mapped share) then don't use the above options. All other options should work remotely using JSON API.
Can you explain more? I'm a pretty novice user, don't know what JSON API is lol. What would I need to set my config too?

The commands I want to run would be "c" and "watched".
Add "kodi.host = x.x.x.x" to your config, where x.x.x.x is the IP address (or hostname) or your Shield - that's all you need. You don't need to set the webserver username/password unless you've changed the defaults in Kodi.
Thanks, that worked!

I'm having some issues with the watched command though. I set "overwrite" in the config, and to my understanding it should completely restore the watched statuses for both watched and unwatched movies based on that backed up file?

To test, I marked a few watched movies as unwatched, and a few unwatched movie as watched, and loaded the watched profile assuming it would make these go back. It correctly re-marked everything as watched, but did not correctly mark the other movies back as unwatched (only some of them maybe?).

What I want to do: Completely restore watched status, both watched and unwatched. Is this possible? If not could you add a command that simply makes everything in the database marked as unwatched?

Thanks!
(2017-05-25, 03:46)Tyrindor2 Wrote: I set "overwrite" in the config, and to my understanding it should completely restore the watched statuses for both watched and unwatched movies based on that backed up file?

To test, I marked a few watched movies as unwatched, and a few unwatched movie as watched, and loaded the watched profile assuming it would make these go back. It correctly re-marked everything as watched, but did not correctly mark the other movies back as unwatched (only some of them maybe?).

What I want to do: Completely restore watched status, both watched and unwatched. Is this possible? If not could you add a command that simply makes everything in the database marked as unwatched?

Thanks!

Not (currently?) supported. To restore an "unwatched" status means restoring based on the absence of watched flags, which would require removing watched flags from those files that are not present in the backup file (since the backup contains only those files that had a watched flag at the time of the backup).

Generally speaking this is intended for use as a tool to apply after creating a fresh library when you wouldn't have any watched statuses, but I'll give it some thought (it's not going to happen this week, mind). I can't remember if it's possible to remove watched statuses using JSON - this would mean passing a null value for the resume point. which has a 50/50 chance of being supported.
Hi Milhouse,
first of all - thx for your great contrib to community - your script is "must have" for me to keep my KODIs sane ... On regular linux boxes there are no issues with it, but I am struggling to do usual steps on  TV 4th gen. I have KODI sideloaded on non-jailbreaked tvOS, but Thumbnails are occupying more and more space and
Code:
texturecache.py R
returns
Code:
access to the Thumbnails folder inaccessible.
I tried absolute path, relative path, but it seems that it is somehow tricky on ATV4, is please any chance to clean Thumbnails on ATV4 or should I start from scratch again?
Thank you and sorry if my question is too lame, but I have found no answer on this yet and I have no idea how run python script directly on ATV...
@martyz the "userdata" property should default to a suitable absolute path for your Kodi installation on the ATV but if it's not correct (or your path is different to the default) then you need to set the absolute path for your userdata folder in the userdata property, ie.
Code:
userdata = /some/path/to/.kodi/userdata
and then it should work.

Don't bother setting the "thumbnails" property - this defaults to "Thumbnails" and is the name of the thumbnails folder relative to the userdata property (don't ask me why this property even exists, I can't remember and can't really think of a good reason why anyone would need to change it).
  • 150(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17