Piracy addon devs are at it again confusing users who and what is official Kodi
(2017-05-24, 13:55)RockerC Wrote: You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. TVAddons is only against box sellers who do not use their addons, and that is only because TVAddons then do not profit from them, so they are not against them in principle.
I'm pretty sure that's incorrect. I can find you some quotes if you like.
Quote:Get the facts straight;TVAddons profit from this because they have ads in their piracy addons.
Also fairly sure that's incorrect.
I don't use any of their addons (at the moment - the last I used was the excellent FTVGuide) so just going from what I've read.

If this reads to you as a defence of them it's not intended that way. I agree they've misrepresented themselves in the past, but I think the current 'come and thank us' message is cock-up rather than conspiracy. There's no logical motive.
Tvaddons doesn't have any adverts in their addons, this is a false and blinkered statement made by RockerC. Wild assumptions and false comments are no basis for a balanced discussion, which we will never have in this thread as there seems to be too much pent-up aggression by some parties. I agree with trogggy that, in this instance it's more of a cock-up on their part. Nothing more, nothing less.
Doesn't take away the fact that TVaddons needs to die in a big fire.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-05-24, 14:59)FXB78 Wrote: ....wild assumptions and false comments are no basis for a balanced discussion, which we will never have in this thread as there seems to be too much pent-up aggression by some parties. I agree with trogggy that, in this instance it's more of a cock-up on their part. Nothing more, nothing less.

There was a time where the amount of false claims of misdoings by TVA formally "XBMCHUB" was larger than actuality. I, like you @FXB78 tried to keep things grounded to facts.
If there is one thing I've learned over the years... its that ALL of the negative attention and "hate" towards TVA was spawned by their actions.

Here are a few facts you're missing:

TVA had ample opportunity to start clean when XBMC turned into Kodi, They could have forked Kodi, renamed it and Never mentioned "Kodi".
Instead, for selfish reasons they use the name... created misleading articles and a web design similar to Kodi... All in an attempt to steal/con users away from the real project.

TVA has repeatedly cried foul, posting in these forums claiming to "Support Kodi" yet every suggestion on how they could ACTUALLY help by not using the Kodi TM is ignored.

TVA is single handedly responsible for dragging the Kodi name through the mud. Every news article, every post confusing Kodi for illegal pirated streams is because of TVA... This is fact!

TVA is a group of hypocrites, They are... against Box sellers as long as they are not selling boxes, against "Builds" as long as it's not their build, against "YouTubers" as long as it's not their channel.

and the WHOPPER!

Out of all the misdealing, shady things they have done, blah blah... TVA is the ONLY group to be caught pushing Malware to its users through their plugins on MULTIPLE occasions.

Honestly not sure why any Kodi users would defend this group...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I'm not defending anyone, nor disputing what you are saying. My point was that you can't counter an argument against someone by yourself providing untruths about them, it's a complete double-standard. Anyway, I couldn't care less about the argument for or against, I'm really not bothered. There's no point anyway as people will stick rigidly to their opinions, and I don't really have one. I'll leave the thread & let people argue amongst themselves, or just rant to their hearts content Smile
(2017-05-24, 16:44)FXB78 Wrote: There's no point anyway as people will stick rigidly to their opinions, and I don't really have one. I'll leave the thread & let people argue amongst themselves, or just rant to their hearts content Smile

Agreed, I try to stick to facts... all of which are easily verifiable.

I'm honestly not sure why some Kodi users are attacking anyone that says "Thank You"...
Yes, TVA posted something about "Appreciation", but what if those users read that post and consciously decided to thank the TRUE developers behind Kodi...

Not sure it's healthy to assume they are all illegal, pirated software users...
Exactly, RockerC is off his rocker, out of all the thank you posts here i do not see one that mentions addons, maybe they are just thanking you for the real legit kodi.. and rockerc is insulting them and sending them away, rockerc ur like trump

@Lunatixz if you look at every news article in the "news" I haven't seen one that mentions TVA by the way... but many mention koditips, bestforkodi... etc... they are the ones dragging kodi's name through the mud... if you had it your way there would be no addons i guess
(2017-05-24, 19:33)SONICborg Wrote: Exactly, RockerC is off his rocker, out of all the thank you posts here i do not see one that mentions addons, maybe they are just thanking you for the real legit kodi.. and rockerc is insulting them and sending them away, rockerc ur like trump

@Lunatixz if you look at every news article in the "news" I haven't seen one that mentions TVA by the way... but many mention koditips, bestforkodi... etc... they are the ones dragging kodi's name through the mud... if you had it your way there would be no addons i guess
You're clearly not paying attention.... Essentially to the fact that there was NO koditips or any other group of pirated plugins B4 TVA.

I have zero issue with plugins, my issue is with the use of the Kodi TM.

Sent from my SM-G935T
The ones that mention their addons get trashed !!
There have been a few !!
(2017-05-24, 19:33)SONICborg Wrote: @Lunatixz if you look at every news article in the "news" I haven't seen one that mentions TVA by the way... but many mention koditips, bestforkodi... etc... they are the ones dragging kodi's name through the mud... if you had it your way there would be no addons i guess
Now answer honestly, are you working for or are in anyway affiliated with TVAddons, the addons it supports, or people selling boxes with its addons or repos preloaded?

I ask because you registered your account in May of 2017 (this month) and all you posted in this forum is in defense of TVAddons and their actions.

We don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out that you must be some kind of suckpuppet affiliated with the TVAddons community who's only here to defend them.
Given TVA has a history of running sockpuppets in this forum, that wouldn't be shocking. However, for now we'll have to wait to find out, as SONICborg has been banned for a few days for insulting fellow forum users. Gotta keep it civil, guys.
Thanks Nate!

Unfortunately looks like TVA affiliates just register new accounts, see => http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=315037

Another first poster that is only here to defend TVAddons.

They don't get it that there is nothing they can do to get accepted here other then to shutdown their site and call it quits.
(2017-05-29, 13:46)RockerC Wrote: They don't get it that there is nothing they can do to get accepted here other then to shutdown their site and call it quits.

LOL, I'm no TVA fan.... seems that's a unrealistic expectation. I'd settle for a TVA Kodi fork, and never mentioning the Kodi TM again.

Let them run a muck distributing malware plugins, just leave Kodi out of it.

Sent from my SM-G935T
I think we'd all settle for that, especially if it was a clean break with no parasitic dependencies on any of our infrastructure.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
People,I had to use TVA for a LEGIT addon for a while. It seems it just recently became available in the Kodi repository (after TVA shutdown). USTv Now. So,saying they were only good for pirated and "contaminated" addons is a stretch. Ok,feel free to blast me now. LOLLaugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Piracy addon devs are at it again confusing users who and what is official Kodi0