Use a different Front End
Hello, I own a Raspberry pi 3 equipped with a TV tuner and I've installed LibreELEC / TVHeadend (backend) on it.

Unfortunately TVHeadend's client (front end) does not support the Greek Language (causes boot loop). I'd very much like to help in the translation process but since I'm lacking the time for the time being could you advice me which Front End (if anything) I can use alternatively?
That is to say, is there a front end which can read the data from TVHeadend's backend?

If that's impossible, the alternative is to keep the client add-on in English while the rest of the System in on another language.
Can I selectively choose the add-on's language?

Thanks for your attention and support.
Are you using a current version of the add-on? The current Krypton version is 3.4.24, and has Greek language support (el_GR). Have you tried using something other than LE?

According to the GitHub logs, it looks like Greek support has been in pvr.hts for Krypton since 28 June 2015.
(2017-05-30, 02:35)rpcameron Wrote: Are you using a current version of the add-on? The current Krypton version is 3.4.24, and has Greek language support (el_GR). Have you tried using something other than LE?

According to the GitHub logs, it looks like Greek support has been in pvr.hts for Krypton since 28 June 2015.

Yeah, 3.4.24 , Krypton 7.3

Enable TVHeadend Client, change language to Greek, reopen Kodi, bootloops (on libreelec) or force closes Kodi (on any other platform)

I've tried in 4 different devices, 3 different OSes. Same behavior, it's easy to reproduce.

On TVHeadend forums they told me that's because Greek is not supported and redirected me to Kodi forums (hence why I'm here).

So my question stands. Can I have English for TVHeadend Client and Greek for everything else? IE change the plugin's particular settings to not be affected by Kodi's region settings? Or if that fails use a different client that makes use of TVheadend's back end?
You can always try removing the Greek support. Wherever your plugin is installed, it should be in the "pvr.hts/resources/language.el_gr" folder. Just delete that folder, and the addon no longer has Greek support.
(2017-06-01, 15:13)rpcameron Wrote: You can always try removing the Greek support. Wherever your plugin is installed, it should be in the "pvr.hts/resources/language.el_gr" folder. Just delete that folder, and the addon no longer has Greek support.

Thanks, tried it, still to no avail. There is something about turning Kodi's language to Greek that breaks this plugin.
I changed some values to the addon's XML file hoping that it may affect something. Still nothing .

A log report would probably help, but since I have limited time to do all this merely being able to have the plugin operate under a different language (than the rest of Kodi) would suffice.

Any idea where I may find that (I remember a plugin named maintenance tool in the olden days to be able to do similar things but I can't find it, probably not supported anymore anyway).
If you removed the Greek file from the plugin and the plugin still crashes Kodi when it's in Greek, then the problem most likely isn't the addon.

This sounds more and more like a Kodi bug than a pvr.hts bug. However, without debug logs, it's all just guessing.
I have the same problem on Wetek Play 2. If Kodi interface is in Greek then once TVHeadEnd HTSP Client is installed I get into a boot loop. Removing /storage/pvr.hts/.kodi/addons/pvr.hts/resources/language.el_gr folder and rebooting hasn't helped Sad
No debug log (wiki) no issue
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use a different Front End0