Release - Confluence 1080 for krypton
(2017-05-31, 02:42)Txxb161 Wrote: Very nice. Thank you.
You're welcome.

(2017-05-31, 02:42)Txxb161 Wrote: A minor issue, but can we get the menu button relabeled from "System" to "Settings" at some future update?
Yes, that would be my preference too so will be included in the future but that alone is not enough for an update imo.
If you want, you could make the edit yourself allready by opening up Home.xml and changing line 1088 from:
Code:
<label>[UPPERCASE]$LOCALIZE[13000][/UPPERCASE]</label>
to:
Code:
<label>[UPPERCASE]$LOCALIZE[5][/UPPERCASE]</label>

One question for you as I do not own a firestick (which have an androidish OS, right?):
Have you tried the android settings menu?
If so: Do all the entries work and lead to the expected entry in the settings-app?
(2017-05-31, 09:59)Quihico Wrote: Yes, that would be my preference too so will be included in the future but that alone is not enough for an update imo.
If you want, you could make the edit yourself allready by opening up Home.xml and changing line 1088 from:
Code:
<label>[UPPERCASE]$LOCALIZE[13000][/UPPERCASE]</label>
to:
Code:
<label>[UPPERCASE]$LOCALIZE[5][/UPPERCASE]</label>

Worked like a charm! I'll be pushing v3.0.56 soon. Wink

(2017-05-31, 09:59)Quihico Wrote: One question for you as I do not own a firestick (which have an androidish OS, right?):
Have you tried the android settings menu?
If so: Do all the entries work and lead to the expected entry in the settings-app?

I actually have Fire TV boxes (Gen 1), which differ somewhat from the sticks hardware-wise, but run essentially the same Fire OS, a modified version of Android 5.x.

As to the Android Settings menu, currently, the only buttons that do anything at all are the "Programs" button, which loads the Fire TV Applications/Manage Applications menu, which would likely be considered the anticipated result, and the "System info" button, which when highlighted brings up a vertical scroll bar on the right side of the open settings windows, although no addition menu appears nor is it possible to actually navigate to the scroll bar itself. Highlighting and/or selecting any other button has no result at all.
Disclaimer: There were no KODI developers either injured or killed during the posting of this message.
(2017-05-31, 18:44)Txxb161 Wrote: Worked like a charm! I'll be pushing v3.0.56 soon. Wink
Reckon I should try and get you marked as a contributor on the repo then? Wink
btw, if you want the skinsetting to disable the Settings-item to have the same label, open up SkinSettings.xml and change line 615 from:
Code:
<label>$LOCALIZE[31111] - $LOCALIZE[13000]</label>
to:
Code:
<label>$LOCALIZE[31111] - $LOCALIZE[5]</label>

(2017-05-31, 18:44)Txxb161 Wrote: I actually have Fire TV boxes (Gen 1)
If you want those android settings to actually work, you could try the following:
- install spmc
- go to programs and click on the parentdir-item (..)
- go to androidsettings
- favourite all the items in there
- verify if the favourites work
- send me the favourites.xml or upload it to pastebin or something and send me the link

I also noticed the extra height added to infoscreen makes the text overlap the video-info-icons so I will be reverting that in the next update.
(2017-06-02, 09:22)Quihico Wrote: Reckon I should try and get you marked as a contributor on the repo then? Wink

You mean I'm not already? Wow, that's somewhat disappointing...Wink

(2017-06-02, 09:22)Quihico Wrote: btw, if you want the skinsetting to disable the Settings-item...

Worked perfectly. v3.0.56a should be out shortly.

(2017-06-02, 09:22)Quihico Wrote: If you want those android settings to actually work, you could try the following:

I may look at this later, but since I am already able to access all of my installed Fire TV's apps from within KODI via the "Programs/Android apps" menu, I'm not sure I'd actually use any of the additional functions, even if they were enabled. Also, with its limited internal storage (at least on my boxes right now), even though I do have external storage installed, this sort of thing can be a real pain, involving moving and/or uninstalling existing apps. The Fire TV ain't exactly a "developer's box." Smile

In any event, as it stands right now, I am finding Confluence 1080 to be quite easy to use, intuitive, and serving my purposes quite well!
Disclaimer: There were no KODI developers either injured or killed during the posting of this message.
Thanks Txxb161, am enjoying all these extras you are including Smile

I do have 1 request though please which also may be linked to a small bug I think I found.

When I load this skin I get the widgets appearing above Weather and Programs on the front screen (am not using Pictures)

I would like to be able to choose to show the Weather widgets and not the Program ones.

The only setting I have found is in Skin Settings, Home Window Options and the radio button in Home Screen Options for Show miscellaneous widgets. Clearing this does remove the Weather widgets but not the Program widgets.

Is this a bug or do I need to alter another settings?

Thanks again for your time and efforts on this, it is much appreciated.

Cheers
Confusion is just a state of mind.
(2017-06-04, 10:25)FlashPan Wrote: Thanks Txxb161 Quihico, am enjoying all these extras you are including Smile

I do have 1 request though please which also may be linked to a small bug I think I found.

When I load this skin I get the widgets appearing above Weather and Programs on the front screen (am not using Pictures)

I would like to be able to choose to show the Weather widgets and not the Program ones.

The only setting I have found is in Skin Settings, Home Window Options and the radio button in Home Screen Options for Show miscellaneous widgets. Clearing this does remove the Weather widgets but not the Program widgets.

Is this a bug or do I need to alter another settings?

Thanks again for your time and efforts on this, it is much appreciated.

Cheers
Fixed it for you. Wink
Doh!.....embarrassing mistake Confused

Thanks for that, not sure how I made that mistake...some sort of brain fart I guess.

Ultimately thanks to Quihico.

Cheers
Confusion is just a state of mind.
(2017-06-03, 02:39)Txxb161 Wrote: I'm not sure I'd actually use any of the additional functions
np, asked around and got some peeps to do it on aftv and turns out the shortcuts were exactly the same so not sure why it's not working.
I might have to buy me a 2nd gen firestick to investigate further (and play with alexa integration offcourse)

(2017-06-03, 02:39)Txxb161 Wrote: In any event, as it stands right now, I am finding Confluence 1080 to be quite easy to use, intuitive, and serving my purposes quite well!
Nice!
Hoping to have a couple of hours this week to add the proper language strings and do some minor bugfixing. If it all goes smooth, I might even be able to start on adding configurable Home & SubItems...

(2017-06-04, 10:25)FlashPan Wrote: I would like to be able to choose to show the Weather widgets and not the Program ones.
Sounds like a plan.
Will try to add that in next update.

(2017-06-04, 10:25)FlashPan Wrote: the radio button in Home Screen Options for Show miscellaneous widgets. Clearing this does remove the Weather widgets but not the Program widgets.
I did mean for miscellanious to also hide the program widget, I will check & fix that.
I accidentally hid PROGRAMS in 3.0.52 and now cant get to my settings. How can I fix? Thank you.

EDIT: Just found in power menu. Ooops! haha
Hello Buddy,
Firstly I would like to thank you for your skin.
I would like to ask if there would be possible to move the main bar to the bottom.
I love this skin but the possibility to move the main bar to lower position would be awesome!
I believe that I would not be the only one who would appreciate that.
Thank you in advance
For the moment I use confluence 1080 because it's the easiest way to find which is where and how but I was fond of Qonfluence also from openELEC tools which unfortunately can't be installed on kodi Krypton. Would it ever be updated so that l can use it? Thanks in advance!!
This is great, just what I was looking for, the simplicity and familiarty of Confluence but with the added practicality it needed! Thank you :-)

Some constructive comments if I may:

- That feature in the TV section is extremely useful of having five additional paths to go to my PVR groups. What could perhaps improve it is that since the number 0 to 5 lights up in blue both when you're on the channel line as well as when you move up to the numbers, it isnt clear whether you're positioned on which tier. Can it perhaps go from very light blue to vibrant blue to distinguish? Taking it further, could perhaps the numbers instead became a the names of each tier, like a further sub-menu? Somehow with such a clearly defined skin, the numbers seem a bit incongruent and of course are less obvious than the rest.

- The way it manifested on my screen, the channel logos line up together with the info about the programme and the channel name is totally squashed, looking very cluttered and being somewhat unusable anyway as the text is in too narrow a space to be readable. Can the program info of each channel one goes on appear or scroll somewhere more readable? Also since there is the logo, I do not see much use for the channel name as well, maybe one can choose either or.

- There is some glitch in the main menu settings. Firstly the shortcuts I programmed for VIDEOS appeared in the PROGRAMS section, and VIDEOS was nowhere to be seen on screen. Also I programmed five paths for TV SHOWS but there is no TV Shows section on the screen. Same with the MOVIES. Would be terrific to have such these sections especially since you made them able to connect not just to drives or network as other skins frustratingly restrict you to.

- Also missing is my favourite menu item - the Favourites button!

Thanks again, terrific job!
(2017-06-06, 10:04)Hashman_aus Wrote: EDIT: Just found in power menu. Ooops! haha
I found myself in exactly that situation which is what made me put the option in powermenu in the first place.
Glad to hear it sorted itself out.

(2017-06-27, 22:14)marek256 Wrote: Firstly I would like to thank you for your skin.
You are very welcome, thank you for using it.

(2017-06-27, 22:14)marek256 Wrote: I would like to ask if there would be possible to move the main bar to the bottom.
Done.
Also added a high-menuposition.
Find the setting at the top of the skinsettings-menu.
I took a slightly different approach then what I've seen on other mods.
Let me know what you think.

(2017-07-01, 05:04)Bobbaki Wrote: Would it ever be updated so that l can use it?
I started working on Confluence 1080 in order to use it as a base for Qonfluence krypton so: yes, probably.
Just need to find the time which is getting harder & harder.

(2017-09-12, 22:47)Talbuz Wrote: This is great, just what I was looking for, the simplicity and familiarty of Confluence but with the added practicality it needed! Thank you :-)
You are very welcome, thank you for enjoying it and posting constructive feedback.

(2017-09-12, 22:47)Talbuz Wrote: Some constructive comments if I may:
Offcourse and anytime.

(2017-09-12, 22:47)Talbuz Wrote: Can it perhaps go from very light blue to vibrant blue to distinguish? Taking it further, could perhaps the numbers instead became a the names of each tier, like a further sub-menu? Somehow with such a clearly defined skin, the numbers seem a bit incongruent and of course are less obvious than the rest.
I agree with you.
But during testing I found having a title instead of number made it look crowded real fast so I choose the number route.
And it is only the first implementation of the swidget-concept so there is plenty of room for improvement.
I will definately take your suggestions into consideration for the next update.

(2017-09-12, 22:47)Talbuz Wrote: - The way it manifested on my screen, the channel logos line up together with the info about the programme and the channel name is totally squashed, looking very cluttered and being somewhat unusable anyway as the text is in too narrow a space to be readable. Can the program info of each channel one goes on appear or scroll somewhere more readable? Also since there is the logo, I do not see much use for the channel name as well, maybe one can choose either or.
Again I agree with you.
To be honoust, I kinda rushed the tv & radio sections as I do not really use any live stuff on kodi.
I spend more time then I care to admit trying to make an epg to do the testing but could not get mc2xml to pull any recent info so I caved in and made my own epg with only 2 short info-entries for testing purposes and that looked pretty good.
I will try to give the tv & radio some much needed attention for next update.
Maybe you could help me out by telling me what you use as an epg?

(2017-09-12, 22:47)Talbuz Wrote: - There is some glitch in the main menu settings. Firstly the shortcuts I programmed for VIDEOS appeared in the PROGRAMS section, and VIDEOS was nowhere to be seen on screen.
Just tested that and the shortcuts functioned as they should for me.
If it is still an issue in this update, please re-post and maybe provide a log and/or some screenshot to clarify the issue?
Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

(2017-09-12, 22:47)Talbuz Wrote: Also I programmed five paths for TV SHOWS but there is no TV Shows section on the screen. Same with the MOVIES. Would be terrific to have such these sections especially since you made them able to connect not just to drives or network as other skins frustratingly restrict you to.
The Movies & TVShows-buttons have conditional visibility so will only show up if there is actual content in the appropriate kodi-library.
So add a movie and a tvshow to your kodi-library and they will appear.

(2017-09-12, 22:47)Talbuz Wrote: - Also missing is my favourite menu item - the Favourites button!
The Favourites-button is indeed present at the same place it has always been.
But I am guessing you would like a MainMenuButton for Favourites?
Next up on my todo-list is to add a bunch of configurable menubuttons so will include one which will default to favourites.

Updated Confluence 1080 to v3.0.56
changelog:
- Added two mainmenu positions: "high" and "low"
- Changed label "system" to "settings"
- Changed position of title for Videos-widget to avoid it overlapping now playing info.
- Changed weather, pictures, programs and settings widget, they can now be dis/enabled seperately
- Changed layout of MusicInfo from 2 rows to three
- Removed DefaultAlbumCover.png from MusicInfo

get it from here
in release 3.0.56. NOW, The main menu for video, tv, programs, music, and weather we cannot select any of the icons to use the add-ons in Windows 10. This worked great a few days ago and has been for months. It still works fine on Android.: huh:
(2017-09-23, 20:30)stevesawyer1895 Wrote: in release 3.0.56. NOW, The main menu for video, tv, programs, music, and weather we cannot select any of the icons to use the add-ons in Windows 10. This worked great a few days ago and has been for months. It still works fine on Android.: huh:

Having the same issue on my 64-bit Win 10 box. There's no way to click the shortcut icons via a mouse. Reverted to v 3.0.55 and everything again works fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Release - Confluence 1080 for krypton2